Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]

Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]  

1. 1.

Lol what rubbish. I have lived in England all my life and never heard that, you have thrown in so many names there :cantstop: At most there is a Lara/Tendu debate which is fair enough but to say english people rate Ponting or Dravid higher, you must be talking out of your *** :two_thumbs_up:
The English fans I have spken to have generally put Dravid higher. Maybe English fans out here can confirm or deny the same. Every time I touched upon the batsmen, Dravid's name somehow always cropped up and it wasn't me who brought it up. I was surprised as well as I thought Tendulkar would come in higher but English folks somehow seemed to rate Dravid higher.
:bow:
You do. You are very fickle and lack understanding of the game you claim to love. Forget facts and figures like how you thought Tendulkar was out of form from 2007-2010, this is just memory. But you lack basic understanding and application of knowledge. e.g You insult Dhoni when I said it was a good move him promoting himself. Then when he is scoring you say he should come in again at 6 for second innings :giggle: Very fickle. As Dhoni said the same people criticize him and praise him in one day without understanding things. You were unable to understand a point people had raised at the start of the day that we will struggle to get England out in the second innings so Dhoni's position is immaterial. Also this is not a bash at you because of your Tendulkar stance. I like reading vvs laxman and the lizard pic guy because they have something useful to say.
The English fans I have spken to have generally put Dravid higher. Maybe English fans out here can confirm or deny the same. Every time I touched upon the batsmen' date=' Dravid's name somehow always cropped up and it wasn't me who brought it up. I was surprised as well as I thought Tendulkar would come in higher but English folks somehow seemed to rate Dravid higher.[/quote'] I've grown up with English people and never once at school/work or anywhere has anyone said this. Even British Pak people I have got to know well have said to me Tendulkar is the best. They admire Dravid's work ethic and labour approach to batting because in a way it is quite English. But they would never compare it to Tendulkar's natural skill imo. Sehwag is rated very lowly for some reason. Again there is some bias on their part.
You do. You are very fickle and lack understanding of the game you claim to love. Forget facts and figures like how you thought Tendulkar was out of form from 2007-2010, this is just memory. But you lack basic understanding and application of knowledge. e.g You insult Dhoni when I said it was a good move him promoting himself. Then when he is scoring you say he should come in again at 6 for second innings :giggle: Very fickle. As Dhoni said the same people criticize him and praise him in one day without understanding things. You were unable to understand a point people had raised at the start of the day that we will struggle to get England out in the second innings so Dhoni's position is immaterial. Also this is not a bash at you because of your Tendulkar stance. I like reading vvs laxman and the lizard pic guy because they have something useful to say.
:hysterical:
I've grown up with English people and never once at school/work or anywhere has anyone said this. Even British Pak people I have got to know well have said to me Tendulkar is the best. They admire Dravid's work ethic and labour approach to batting because in a way it is quite English. But they would never compare it to Tendulkar's natural skill imo. Sehwag is rated very lowly for some reason. Again there is some bias on their part.
Well to me they seemed if England could have Indian wkt they would like it to be Dravid's.

There being no concept of merit or accountability in Indian cricket, Sachin decides how long he stays in the job. He has long passed the stage of a respectable retirement and I see no reason why he would not want to get cheap runs against an impotent Aussie bowling line up, esp in Indian conditions. Not just Sachin, Sehwag and company will also have a feast, and all will be well.

There being no concept of merit or accountability in Indian cricket' date=' Sachin decides how long he stays in the job. He has long passed the stage of a respectable retirement and [b']I see no reason why he would not want to get cheap runs against an impotent Aussie bowling line up, esp in Indian conditions. Not just Sachin, Sehwag and company will also have a feast, and all will be well.
I wish I could share your confidence in our team scoring runs against Aussies. I am sure Starc will make Sehwag & Tendulkar his bi@tche$ when Aussies come over.

If Sachin plays against Aus, I hope he stays till SA 2013. And lol at the deluded folks saying English fans rate Dravid ahead of SRT. Don't know which people he is talking about, but Dickie Bird, Geoff Boycott, Gower, Botham. Nasser and Bumble all rate Sachin ahead. Dravid is a great servant of Indian cricket no doubt, but there's no need to make up facts to defend him. You could expect a fan of 2008+ to say it, but not someone who actually knows their cricket.

Hope Sachin Tendulkar continues to play, says MS Dhoni http://www.cricketcountry.com/cricket-articles/Hope-Sachin-Tendulkar-continues-to-play-says-MS-Dhoni/21038

India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Monday said that pacer James Anderson's ability to reverse swing the ball in his second and third spells played a "crucial" role in England's historic 2-1 Test series win here after a gap of 28 years. England sealed the series after the fourth and final Test ended in a draw at the VCA stadium in Jamtha. "I felt Anderson bowled well throughout the series on wickets where there was not much help for the fast bowlers. That was very crucial," said Dhoni after the match. "He was at the batsmen all the time, specially the second and third spells of his where the ball had started to reverse and still was slightly on the harder side. "He made the most out of that spell and kept the batsmen guessing. I think the major difference between the two sides was James Anderson who bowled very well," he added. The England pace spearhead grabbed 12 wickets in four Tests at 30.25, while Graeme Swann and Monty Panesar accounted for 20 and 17 victims from four and three games respectively. "If you see their side, they are a very well balanced side. The two spinners they have got... Monty is a very good spinner and Graeme Swann is among the best in the world," the skipper said. Dhoni said his team made a few mistakes, including the loss of wickets in heap in the third game at Kolkata, but added there were a few positives too. "In Kolkata in one session we lost 6-7 wickets. It was very important to absorb pressure at that time. It's all about partnerships. On a flat wicket once you go in you are in some doubt but you become calmer as you play more. "There were a few positives and a few places where we lost out. That's the reason we lost the series," he said. Dhoni said his side fielded better in this Test. "We have seen some improvement especially in this Test match where we had a few young players who we could place at (vital) points and restrict them (opponents) from taking singles and rotating the strike. Yes, a few catches were dropped, but that again is part and parcel of the game," he said. Asked about getting run out on 99 in the first innings, Dhoni said that he thought there was a run there to be taken but was mistaken. "I thought there was a run I went for it, I was wrong. It happens in cricket. Let's enjoy the 99 runs I got and not the one run I missed out on. It's not the first time I have got out in the 90s. "I have four hundreds and six 90s so the tally is increasing, may be on the wrong side. But that's part and parcel of life." Asked whether senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar, who had a woeful series, would play another Test, Dhoni said, "I hope so. When questioned Dhoni replied that Tendulkar has "not" spoken to him about retirement.

Sachin Tendulkar looking 'lost' is a sign that he is not enjoying cricket, says Sunil Gavaskar http://sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-england-2012/news/item/200823-sachin-tendulkar-looking-lost-is-a-sign-that-he-is-not-enjoying-says-sunil-gavaskar

Sunil Gavaskar has been a staunch supporter of Sachin Tendulkar ever since 1989 when the latter made his debut. Gavaskar today, after the humiliating series loss at home to England, finally gave hints that Sachin should make a decision on his career as he felt the senior batsman was no longer enjoying his time on the field. When NDTV asked Gavaskar about Tendulkar's future, he said,"The longest period on a cricket field is as a fielder and if Sachin is not enjoying that he will know that the time is right to go. Quite clearly, this series has not been a good one for him. I's sure he will reassess the situation as he had promised before the season. He does not play T20Is and I'm not too sure whether he will play ODIs against Pakistan. So he does have time before Australia series and you will have a decision sooner than later." When asked whether the selectors should talk to him, Gavaskar said,"They should talk to Sachin if they feel that he does not fit into the team. That is what they are paid for." NDTV also asked Gavaskar if there were 'signs' that Sachin was not may be enjoying his cricket that much. He replied,"In this Test in the second innings, Sachin did look a little bit lost. I have been watching him since 1989 and he has been in the thick of things always. Even if he is fielding in the deep, he is always involved. He might have had an injury here but did look a little lost and that probably is a sign (of the end)." Former India cricketer Abbas Ali Baig too was forthcoming in asking for Sachin's retirement. Talking to NDTV, he said,"We have left the decision of Sachin's retirement on him long enough now. I think, Sachin Tendulkar will himself come out now and say just like Ponting. I think he might be enjoying the game but will announce his exit around the next series." Atul Wassan said,"He is making the selectors take a call. He is not allowed to be a human with centuries expected almost every innings. He is judged harshly at times but has to take a call himself now."