Different varities of cricket you played

kabira

Sega cricket anyone? In particular the Brian Lara title. I've spent years playing that as a young lad.
hey ravi, i had this sega game.. everyone in my colony, all my couzons had media.. i was the only one having sega.. and yes i played brian lara did u play brian lara 96??? that was the first ever cricket video game cassete i got.. . i bought this cricket cassete of brian lara 96 from bombay..
From my memory it was late 80s or early 90s when the Brian Lara cricket on Sega came out. It was so much fun playing that we used to pretty much spend late nights playing it.
Did that with Cricket97! Held our little 3 team ODI tournaments, India-Pak Test series, etc lol
Kabira, Its the "Yellow book" by Jacob Millman 0074622455.GIF
Marirs and Bheem, One of the reasons for hating it may be it is one of the most boringly written text books. Well, you can argue "text book" by definition is boring, but this one treats the matter with no imagination or creativity. Did this book have Fourier Transforms in random sections!? Maybe its this one.
Did that with Cricket97! Held our little 3 team ODI tournaments' date=' India-Pak Test series, etc lol[/quote'] Cricket97 had online too. I remember the Kali servers we used to play over. Cricket97 was quite a good game. That so far has to be the best ever game EA has released.
My favorite practice shot (in dreams) was cover drive and then on drive.
Marirs and Bheem, One of the reasons for hating it may be it is one of the most boringly written text books. Well, you can argue "text book" by definition is boring, but this one treats the matter with no imagination or creativity. Did this book have Fourier Transforms in random sections!? Maybe its this one.
I had a "problem" with reading foreign author books.. :D I found their font size too small , which put me off. And coming back to the topic , playing cricket in a crowded city can become a real pain. The ground would be too far away, so we would be playing on the streets. But there was this problem of hitting it into the houses. Many times , i would probably hit the best shot of the day , but since the ball went into someone else's house , I would be given out. There have been days when i wouldnt be dismissed legally ( bowled , lbw , caught , run out etc) even once. All the time it would " Ball in neighbor's house" wicket. It really used to piss me off.
What is this howzzat ? havent even heard about it' date=' to be honest.[/quote'] it had a board with the cricket field on it...with different fielding positions (like fine leg) on it... u gotta put your 11 fielders where ever u want.. then there r a deck of cards...upside down... u gotta take one card at a time..every card has some kinda shot written on it..for ex. flicked to midwicket... ifu had a fielder there 1 run,no fielder there 4 runs.. game came with a scoring book too :D was awesome..:D

ok my favorite's one we called THE PERTH PITCH CRICKET. 1] Played across a cemented surface with a tennis ball. Mind you it was angled pitch, not straight, with boundary scoring opportunity on the off-side , which ends with a compound wall a few meters away. on-side you could get a 2 or 1 depending on the areas you hit. 2] "No yorkers" thats the bottomline in this form, cos' the pitch length was hardly more than say 10-15 yards, and it'd 've been very easy to york , and we drew boxes to define the york length, the good length, and the short length. 3] Batsman can leave the ball alone, but he's out if he gets genuinely beaten outside the off stump 3 times, or gets the ball in any part of his body 3 times, or gets an edge and hits the wall behind, or gets his stumps [ which was a table ] castled, or gets out caught by ever hungry fielders strategically placed near cover or mid on , or finally the batsman gets restless and hits the ball outside . And the joys...... 1] you get to face bowling in the speeds of about "150 mph" without getting worried about the yorkers, tennis ball helps in this cause, it doesn't hurt too much unless you get hit in the wrong spot. 2] you get the wicked pleasure of batsman edging balls, struggling, as if they are out getting super deliveries from Mcgrath and it's being lapped up by the slip cordon. 3] And what's more, just a perfect forward defense, a slight touch of the back foot or an effortless square cut gets you the much needed boundary, and it looks so good when those shots are played, splitting the fielders, and the ball races to hit the wall boundary, you almost feel like you are playing test match stuff. you even can decide to leave the balls alone or duck if it's short. 4] Forget about slogging, only people with good cricketing strokes and technique could survive there and yes the corridor of uncertainity was the biggest trouble you will have to face, just like how it is in real cricket. Truly, test match experience that's what we simulated in our backyard. In fact, i would love to see how a couple of our own players fare in these trying conditions. Thanks to this thread i could share one of my most cherished cricket experience.

** on the 6th floor , outside my house , with my door as the wickets ** in my room with a chair as the wickets ** in the parking lot with the garage door as the wickets ** on the pitch ** on the roads places where i've palyed cricket .. too many to remember types are easier . ** the one where every ball i defend = 1 run - usually when there arent any fielders ** one tappa --- ** underarm . ** leg cricket -- with a tennis ball , usually in the school where there isnt a bat ** hand cricket -- same as above ** book cricket -- when we didnt have the ball either ** french cricket -- weird , make a circle , cover your legs , and the rotation of the bat =>runs ** normal kirket with the leather ball ... highest score was 62 .. never made more.. was too lazy to run so was in the slips .. was decent .. would've probably caught the ones dravid drops

It may surprise some a bit but I hadn't even heard of cricket till I was about 12. Even then, it was through a game taught to me by a friend at school. We played 'cricket' with 2 six sided pencils in class. One had 6 options carved on it - 1, 2, dot, 4, 6 & out. the other - Bowled, caught, c & b, lbw, dropped and run out. When it was your batting innings, If you rolled 'out', your opponent then rolled the other pencil. You can also play this with 2 dice. Before we played, we'd pick 2 elevens from world cricketers. This gave me a problem as I didn't know any. :regular_smile: My friend gave me a list. I quickly became accustomed to such names as Benaud, Harvey, O'Neill, Davidson, Sobers, Valentine, Worrall, Cowdrey, May, Dexter, Joshi, Roy, Manjreka, Mankad etc. Later that year, I saw my first Ashes Test and was hooked! I started played for one of my school teams. My friend, who had taught me the pencil game, was the captain. Didn't take me long to become vc and when he was selected to represent the school in a higher comp., I started captaining. I loved the challenge. Shortly after, I started playing two day matches with my district team as a fast bowler/middle order bat. At 17, I went to hospital for surgery on a tumour at the base of my spine. I had to learn to walk again and becoming captain of Australia in cricket became an unfulfilled dream. I gradually started playing again in about 1967 in New Guinea but could not run fast so I had to learn the finer arts of bowling like swing, cut and spin and dropped down the list as a batsman. Till 1982, I travelled quite a bit and only played rarely. In '83, I helped start a comp in my local district. It was predominantly one day games with the occasional two dayer. I was elected captain of my team and we won the first 3 premierships. I captained till 2002, winning 5 more premierships. On a personal level, I won 13 bowling aggregate trophies for my club and 5 for the comp. During these years, I also entered a team (called The Magpies) in the local twilight comp. It was very similar to today's T20 style and played between 5pm and 7 on week nights. We won it 6 times in 10 years.

ok, people this one was a hot favorite, when i used to be in my college days. And we did this right under the nose of the lecturer. What is it? Well it's called the DONKEY GAME........ could be played by 2 or more. Well it's a fairly simple game where for instance, let's suppose played between 2, one fellow will start with an alphabet say "T " obviously with a cricketers name in mind [ let's say 'tom moody' ], his primary motive being to get the cricketer's final alphabet end when it's spelt out by his opponent. So first person - t second person -o first -m second -m first -o second -o first -d second -Y so the second bloke gets the "D" in " DONKEY ". If he keeps ending all the names in this way he is the coveted owner of the title DONKEY. But normally what happens is that the first person who starts the alphabet will eventually find that the name he had in his mind is hardly the one that continues in the subsequent process where the other bloke can change it into an entirely different name, so both the players must be ready for any eventuality, the wider your knowledge the better it is, to surprise your opponent. So say first person - t second - e first - n second - d first -u second -l first -k second -a first -r so in this case the first gets honour of "D" in DONKEY. You could start with either first or second names, and players must have represented their country in any form, and yes the spelling needs to be spot on. We always had arguments over these points , but it was always fun .