For want of a facking ALL ROUNDER!!! for India!

fineleg

WHat about the younger guys Praveen Kumar? How good is he..does he look like he might eventually be international class I dont think Yousuf Pathan will be. Joginder Sharma needs a good run IMHO...he could be useful Whatever happend to Gaurav Dhiman, he is a kid, but was very highly rated after the U19 WC..dont remember seeing him in the 20/20 squad... Anyone else...

chawla can definitely bat..but he has not faced good opponent so far..so not verified.. we need irfaan desperately.. with his form and skills.. can't see any upcoming bowler on the horizon..
England and SA are not good opponents? Who is the 'good opponent' then?
WHat about the younger guys Praveen Kumar? How good is he..does he look like he might eventually be international class I dont think Yousuf Pathan will be. Joginder Sharma needs a good run IMHO...he could be useful Whatever happend to Gaurav Dhiman, he is a kid, but was very highly rated after the U19 WC..dont remember seeing him in the 20/20 squad... Anyone else...
None of the ones you've mentioned are good. Did you watch Deodhar trophy earlier this year?
I did watch bits of the deodhar trophy Kumar looked useful even thought he bowled at 75 mph for most of it. can hit the ball. Not ready yet, but maybe if he gets a bit quicker...
Looked barely useful in the substandard domestic ODs where he could slog a few deliveries in the beginning and even 75mph bowling without any nip whatsoever does the work. We can't even groom as a bits and pieces cricketer.
Pravin Kumar is a useless bits and pieces player in the mould of JP Yadav.
I'd say that Praveen Kumar is worse than JP Yadav. Remember, Yadav had an outstanding year in the Ranji trophy (tells you about the standard of domestic cricket in India). Praveen Kumar has not got any such performance as yet.

Praveen kumar can be groomed to bowl quicker.... he is a strong athletic lad with decent slogging skills.... a year in mrf under Sekar with clear brief tht he needs to bowl 80+ can help fill the 5th bowler slot.... the selectors, when things are not happening, need to make them happen.... if u aint good allrounders coming through, u got to prepare a few as stop gap for a couple of years until a fresh batch comes in....