Dhoni should be sacked as captain in all 3 formats!

I agree to some of your points. But, one important issue is that .... the failure of many of our batters could be due to lack of motivation. Rahane, Kohli, Vijay and Pujara have all played well in SAF. Kohli did well in Australia before that. Rahane and Kohli succeeded in NZ. So ... it is not lack of ability but a mental issue. Rohit, Dhawan and Jaddu may lack batting ability in overseas tests though. So, playerwise, it's a mixed bag. Good batting is possible from this lot in overseas tests. Bowlers are , by and large, average though. I see no all condition wicket- taker in this lineup.
Who should motivate them and why should someone even motivate them? They are professional cricketers here who get paid, they better be motivated themselves. If they want regular motivation, the job of a sweeper is opened up in my building - they can apply for it. I will say "Well done! Come tomorrow" and motivate them everyday.
Who should motivate them and why should someone even motivate them? They are professional cricketers here who get paid' date=' they better be motivated themselves. If they want regular motivation, the job of a sweeper is opened up in my building - they can apply for it. I will say "Well done! Come tomorrow" and motivate them everyday.[/quote'] Two past test captains , Hussein and Ganguly, who know a bit more than you and I about test player psyche, were saying that tense dressing room conditions often lead to recurring failures. Many of our batters are not this bad .. as we all know from SAF and NZ tours. In sports, motivation plays a far bigger role than you think. You are thinking too theoretically. It is not a question of what should happen but what actually happens.

Don't need a wicket keeper captain any more... Such a captain can exter too much stranglehold on many aspects of the game and players confidence/performance... Imagine Dhoni being a normal batsman and captain and some other player being wicketkeeper... Would've affected so many a Indian bowlers in a positive way... To he'll with him... Get rid of him.. Enough of a dictator wicket keeper captain... Just get lost...

Dhoni has been allowed 3 years of continuous failure in overseas test series. Shouldn't the new captain be allowed atleast half that time ?
But you are talking cricket, I am talking politics. The pro-Dhoni establishment (add media to that) will wait for the new captain to fail (god forbid if he fails with the bat too) and will be out with daggers, singing paeans for Dhoni. That would mean Dhoni will be again back for another 2 years. Let's get done with him till he himself says 'enough is enough, I quit'.
lol' date='do you want that 'most away losses' tag on an indian captain even if its dhoni?[/quote'] Mine is a medium term view on Indian cricket. Who really cares as to which captain has a 'most losses tag' and from which country he is? The same tag has hardly dented Lara's reputation. I don't want a guy like Chepu or Kohli to take up captaincy with this bunch of weaklings and face the media barrage with the Damocles' sword hanging on their heads. Let them get their batting in order first.
But you are talking cricket' date=' I am talking politics. The pro-Dhoni establishment (add media to that) will wait for the new captain to fail (god forbid if he fails with the bat too) and will be out with daggers, singing paeans for Dhoni. That would mean Dhoni will be again back for another 2 years. Let's get done with him till he himself says 'enough is enough, I quit'.[/quote'] Your logic definitely has merit. Another side to this is .... Australian series is over and no big overseas test tour coming up in the near future .... Dhoni might feel that it is a safe time to hang on to the captaincy ... inspite of the almost inevitable loss in Australia.
Your logic definitely has merit. Another side to this is .... Australian series is over and no big overseas test tour coming up in the near future .... Dhoni might feel that it is a safe time to hang on to the captaincy ... inspite of the almost inevitable loss in Australia.
See, we can all read the situation. Dhoni and Srini will now play 'good cop, bad cop' with Dhoni wanting to resign and BCCI saying 'No, you are the only hope'. Dhoni's saving grace now is that he has batted reasonably well in this series, this probably being his best overseas performance. He already has a lot of public sympathy because of that, so if he makes way for a captain in Australia and we again get whitewashed, he'll surely be back. Also, I don't really know what we have after Australia - are you sure that we won't have any overseas series for a long time? To put it in another way - I don't care for how long Dhoni stays. I care for the new guy who comes to power and I want him to get all the backing for the next 2-3 years unless he turns out to be a big dick. When Ganguly came, Sachin was done temporarily. When Dravid came, Ganguly was done almost completely. When Dhoni came, the seniors were done. But ironically, Dhoni is not done. The new captain will always have Dhoni lurking around, and that will screw up everything. And to be honest, I don't expect anything from a new captain (with this kind of team) in the next 18 months.
Two past test captains , Hussein and Ganguly, who know a bit more than you and I about test player psyche, were saying that tense dressing room conditions often lead to recurring failures. Many of our batters are not this bad .. as we all know from SAF and NZ tours. In sports, motivation plays a far bigger role than you think. You are thinking too theoretically. It is not a question of what should happen but what actually happens.
Motivation plays a role, you are sounding as if motivation lao, gareebi hatao abhiyaan. Talk the root of the problem, not the trees surrounding it.
Motivation plays a role' date=' you are sounding as if motivation lao, gareebi hatao abhiyaan. Talk the root of the problem, not the trees surrounding it.[/quote'] What is the root of our problem ? --- problem being 5 consecutive overseas test series losses . I don't think there is one single reason responsible for this problem. There are quite a few. Bad leadership is one of them, though by no means the only one. It is a serious enough issue which needs addressing.
Motivation plays a role' date=' you are sounding as if motivation lao, gareebi hatao abhiyaan. Talk the root of the problem, not the trees surrounding it.[/quote'] What is the root of the problem? Each and every player in the team has been replaced or dropped in this period except Dhoni If we do not have strategy to identify long term talent, or prepare for long term tours, groom players for that or play long series, doesn't all of these boil down to BCCI and the captain
Just a casual look at indian media today There seems to be no calling for dhoni to be sacked or resign. No real pressure or coverage of the abysmal performances in England. He wont be going anywere
And Shastri-bot gave another epic performance on "The Verdict" last night :haha: Tried defending the BCCI that they never prevent Indian players from playing county cricket by withholding the NOC, but was badly caught out by Mark Butcher who quoted from personal experience at Surrey when they tried to bring in Robin Uthappa. Then as usual he deflected the question :giggle:
And what selection decision. Leaving out the best test bowler YADAV from the squad. One of the biggest blunder. Selecting 4 bowlers in the 3rd test.
Why is each time when we lose, suddenly our players back home are seen as Bradman. It's not like Yadav was a great bowler. And selecting 4 bowlers was the consensus for 3rd test, especially when we bowled the first 2 tests matches using 4 bowlers. So don't bring hindsight each time.
What is the root of the problem? Each and every player in the team has been replaced or dropped in this period except Dhoni
And yet, when we are at home, we play like champions under this same captain. Surely, that can only been that the root cause is that we simply don't have the application in away matches. And yet, no one wants to address that.
Why is each time when we lose' date=' suddenly our players back home are seen as Bradman. It's not like Yadav was a great bowler. And selecting 4 bowlers was the consensus for 3rd test, especially when we bowled the first 2 tests matches using 4 bowlers. So don't bring hindsight each time.[/quote'] No yadav is not a great bowler but is one of indias best bowlers and won us the last test he played and we do not have greats in the bench as well.