Worst #7 ever

India should bring back Sehwag and make him a permanent #7. His 30 run cameos would be match-winning knocks under these circumstances. Besides' date=' he can bowl a bit and is a safe fielder.[/quote'] I dont know if you are serious BUT I think its not a bad idea. Kick out Ganguly, replace him with Dosa or Gambhir. Have Sehwag at #7 ... go with 4 bowlers.
I dont know if you are serious BUT I think its not a bad idea. Kick out Ganguly, replace him with Dosa or Gambhir. Have Sehwag at #7 ... go with 4 bowlers.
I was being serious. Kicking out Ganguly is absolutely ridiculous. If you are going to replace him, his replacements should be expected to score consistently in every match. Niether Uthappa nor Gambhir have shown that they can score against GOOD bowling attacks. Gambhir repeatedly failed against South Africa and England. If he had put up some good scores, that opening slot would be his and Ganguly wouldn't be in this team. As long as these "future prospects" keep failing, the team will have no other option but to continue with the seniors.
I was being serious. Kicking out Ganguly is absolutely ridiculous. If you are going to replace him, his replacements should be expected to score consistently in every match. Niether Uthappa nor Gambhir have shown that they can score against GOOD bowling attacks. Gambhir repeatedly failed against South Africa and England. If he had put up some good scores, that opening slot would be his and Ganguly wouldn't be in this team. As long as these "future prospects" keep failing, the team will have no other option but to continue with the seniors.
But whats the value of a consistent 50 which loses the game for your team? I would rather go for a hitter who would come good every so often. Ganguly opening the innings is such a waste. Even today he started 1 off 14 balls. Then he hit some boundries... got almost to a run a ball ... and then again went down. It was so bad that he had 50+ dot balls in his first 75 balls. Thats not ODI cricket. Not in todays time chasing 280!
But whats the value of a consistent 50 which loses the game for your team? I would rather go for a hitter who would come good every so often. Ganguly opening the innings is such a waste. Even today he started 1 off 14 balls. Then he hit some boundries... got almost to a run a ball ... and then again went down. It was so bad that he had 50+ dot balls in his first 75 balls. Thats not ODI cricket. Not in todays time chasing 280!
This is how Ganguly has ALWAYS played since his debut. He starts slow and then speeds up. Besides, he put on a big partnership with Dravid at a run-a-ball. I am not complaining. Bottom line - whichever batsman you pick, he has to score runs - one way or the other. Ganguly scores runs (averaging over 50 since his comeback) and i am not going to knock a batsman who scors runs consistently for India. Be realistic. If yuo think someone like Gambhir or Uthappa would have played a good innings today, you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Uthappa is such a sh*tty batsman that he wouldn't last 5 minutes against a half-decent bowler. Gambhir is over-attacking and doesn't know where his off-stump is. I'd stick with Ganguly until someone decent comes around.
This is how Ganguly has ALWAYS played since his debut. He starts slow and then speeds up. Besides, he put on a big partnership with Dravid at a run-a-ball. I am not complaining. Bottom line - whichever batsman you pick, he has to score runs - one way or the other. Ganguly scores runs (averaging over 50 since his comeback) and i am not going to knock a batsman who scors runs consistently for India. Be realistic. If yuo think someone like Gambhir or Uthappa would have played a good innings today, you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Uthappa is such a sh*tty batsman that he wouldn't last 5 minutes against a half-decent bowler. Gambhir is over-attacking and doesn't know where his off-stump is. I'd stick with Ganguly until someone decent comes around.
So how do we find a replacement. You are right this is how Ganguly has always played. But the game has changed ... and continues to change over the last few years. You cant have these slow players anymore. Dravid has changed his game to accomodate the new game. So you are happy to keep losing game after game after game ... "because this is how Ganguly always plays" I would rather try someone new... try to find some one else .... atleast a new player would give us hope? (and hopefully better fielding). What hope do u get from a 69 SR Ganguly (and remember this is while chasing 280+)
You cant have these slow players anymore. Dravid has changed his game to accomodate the new game.
LMFAO. Ganguly's career strike rate is 73. He has been scoring at that rate since his comeback. Let's compare this "slow player" with what other teams have, shall we ? I'll start with England. Their top scorer today (Bell) has a career SR of 70. Their second highest scorer and captain (Collingwood) has an SR of 74. Look at other teams now. World Cup finalists Sri Lanka have Tharanga (SR 73), Sangakkara (SR 74), Jayawardene (SR 76), Silva (SR 73). Holy sh*t - theirs is a team FULL of "slow players" ! I could go on. I personally don't see how you can drop a guy who has been averaging 50. You keep whining, but you still haven't named any replacements. Name some and then tell me, will your replacements match what Ganguly has done lately ? If not, than you can't drop him. Simple as that
Ab inhen kaise samjhayen preds.. Even today he got out due to blinder of a catch
If we need to find excuses for a "good catch" etc, each player will claim "good catch", "great runout", "peach of a delivery", "puff of dust" etc etc. None of our batsmen saw us through today. Batting through to the win is greatness. Rest are somewhere there.