Kejriwal

King Tendulkar

not really..i`ve met him in person' date='he is genuinely working for a change but him alone being honest or non corrupt doesn't equate that the other members of his newly formed party too are,they might well be hungry for power and avarice and might just be using him..getting to the power and proper utilisation of the power are two different things altogether along with management..is kejriwal up for it?[/quote'] Please read my response to urbestfriend's post.......he may genuinely want to change the way things are in the country.......but his approach has been quite questionable......

Jalebi - What part of AAP's manifesto do you see "imbalanced"?
Each amendment they have proposed is far from iron clad in a way from what I've read on their website......they haven't gone into details either......but from their brief descriptions.....they are hardly convincing......like the right to recall......this is from their website:

'Today we give our vote to a candidate, he or she wins the election, and then they disappear from our life. Today most elected representatives make no time to listen to the problems of their constituents. And in the current electoral system, the people have no choice but to suffer this candidate for 5 years. We want to create an alternative. We will enact a Right to Reject law wherein the common man does not have to wait for 5 years to remove a corrupt MLA or MP from office. People can complain to the election commission anytime to recall their representative and call for fresh elections.'

Ok.....How many people citing their grievances could get an elected candidate removed? What level of evidence will the EC consider before taking up a complaint against a candidate? Who in the EC will take up the complaint? Will the EC call upon the Judiciary or will they set up an independent panel or will they look into it themselves? Where are such necessary details provided??.....Such a right can easily be manipulated if members of the opposition can buy out certain sections of the public to make false complaints against an elected candidate using well forged out evidences.....

Next, any party can make a U-turn on anything whenever they want to - it is not just related to AAP. What do you suggest in that case?
I'm not against people changing opinions in general after they've had a genuine realization......but the thing with Kejriwal is that he claims to be different than the rest......people supported him because they thought he was different......but he is slowly starting to employ the same electoral tactics as the very people he criticized and is going back on claims he made in the past......

Each amendment they have proposed is far from iron clad in a way from what I've read on their website......they haven't gone into details either......but from their brief descriptions.....they are hardly convincing......like the right to recall......this is from their website:

'Today we give our vote to a candidate, he or she wins the election, and then they disappear from our life. Today most elected representatives make no time to listen to the problems of their constituents. And in the current electoral system, the people have no choice but to suffer this candidate for 5 years. We want to create an alternative. We will enact a Right to Reject law wherein the common man does not have to wait for 5 years to remove a corrupt MLA or MP from office. People can complain to the election commission anytime to recall their representative and call for fresh elections.'

Ok.....How many people citing their grievances could get an elected candidate removed? What level of evidence will the EC consider before taking up a complaint against a candidate? Who in the EC will take up the complaint? Will the EC call upon the Judiciary or will they set up an independent panel or will they look into it themselves? Where are such necessary details provided??.....Such a right can easily be manipulated if members of the opposition can buy out certain sections of the public to make false complaints against an elected candidate using well forged out evidences.....

You are right and there are details to be sorted out but as I see it they are willing to pro-actively change a candidate if the people are not happy. I don't think you can have a complete blueprint ready at day one - rome was not built in a day. If you are, then you are being unrealistic. This option is ensure accountability for the entire duration of the candidate's term and not get stuck with a "mistake" for 5 years. Think of it is like a normal job - you are accountable for what you are paid for. The party has some thoughts and some vision - now you can agree/disagree with the blue print but the way I see it, you are not really against the "Right to Recall" option per se and just against the implementation. If you are against the R2R option, you need to provide a better solution. For now think of this like a new direction in politics with the failure/success teaching lessons for the future. Our job is to ensure a good blueprint and not toss out the direction in itself. Such directions have succeeded in other places and there is no harm in adopting-adapting "good habits".

You are right and there are details to be sorted out but as I see it they are willing to pro-actively change a candidate if the people are not happy. I don't think you can have a complete blueprint ready at day one - rome was not built in a day. If you are' date=' then you are being unrealistic. This option is ensure accountability for the entire duration of the candidate's term and not get stuck with a "mistake" for 5 years. Think of it is like a normal job - you are accountable for what you are paid for. The party has some thoughts and some vision - now you can agree/disagree with the blue print but the way I see it, you are not really against the "Right to Recall" option per se and just against the implementation. If you are against the R2R option, you need to provide a better solution. For now think of this like a new direction in politics with the failure/success teaching lessons for the future. Our job is to ensure a good blueprint and not toss out the direction in itself. Such directions have succeeded in other places and there is no harm in adopting-adapting "good habits".[/quote'] Fair enough.....Yep, I'm not totally against it or anything.....in fact, i'm all for it if implemented correctly.....but they haven't provided enough details to really convince me or gain my trust......it's a bit too generalized atm......

I think Anna has totally lost it. He has off late become nothing but a cry baby. Instead of being supportive and giving AAP a chance, Anna wants details of loose change and wants to discuss 35K salary for office bearer.

New Delhi: Anna Hazare, the 76-year-old activist who fronted a campaign against corruption, today said that his former protege, Arvind Kejriwal, "is not an enemy." For his part, Mr Kejriwal said, "intermediaries" ensure that he is not able to talk directly to the man he thinks of as his guru. "If I had direct communication with Anna, it would not have come to this," he said. This week, the fractious relationship between the two men appeared further frayed as Anna discharged searing questions for Mr Kejriwal, who heads Aam Admi Party, which makes its political debut in the Delhi elections on December 4. Anna has refused to back the party, or campaign for it. He wants Mr Kejriwal to explain whether the funds they raised together in 2011 have been used for his Delhi campaign. Anna has also asked why Mr Kejriwal has hired office-bearers for his party "at a hefty salary of Rs. 35,000." "When you are working for a social cause, is this right?" Anna asked in his village of Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra. Anna highlighted his concerns in a letter sent earlier this week to Mr Kejriwal, who said that he will not contest the elections in Delhi if it is proven that he has misused the donations received by Anna and him two years ago. At the time, Mr Kejriwal was Anna's main lieutenant as they campaigned across the country for a new law to create a national ombudsman or Lokpal, which would be empowered to investigate charges of graft against elected representatives and bureaucrats. The apogee of that campaign was a 16-day fast by Anna in Delhi, which mobilized large crowds in the capital and street protests against corruption in other cities. Political parties promised to introduce the law Anna sought if he ended his fast. Though the Lokpal Bill was passed by the Lok Sabha, it did not clear the Rajya Sabha.

I think Anna has totally lost it. He has off late become nothing but a cry baby. Instead of being supportive and giving AAP a chance' date=' Anna wants details of loose change and wants to discuss 35K salary for office bearer.[/quote'] Have you read the letter?

Anna sounding petty and silly. Going after miniscule and silly little things. They are using my name blah blah like he is some brand. FFS why does he does not see bigger picture and worry about things that matter which was his original points, the mass theft of peoples money by politicians. Sad to see Anna lose it like this

What's this Hazare guy moaning about? Completely lost it and playing in the hands of BJP/Congress... Shut up till the election results are out....
The guy has sat on many long hunger strikes. I think i've read tht it damages brain cells irreversibly (saying seriously). plus his old age.

Kejri is just a vote-cutter, nothing more nothing less. Doing all the petty acts since day one of joining politics, which have been part of dirty politics so no way he is different than Cong/ BJP. People having high hopes from him will be disappointed in case his party ever comes to power after 15-20 years.

Kejri is just a vote-cutter, nothing more nothing less. Doing all the petty acts since day one of joining politics, which have been part of dirty politics so no way he is different than Cong/ BJP. People having high hopes from him will be disappointed in case his party ever comes to power after 15-20 years.
yes dirty politics of exposing mass theft by indian politicans and those linked to the like Vadra. You call it dirty I call it exposing the truth and trying ( at last someone is trying) to clear up mass indian corruption. Yes he wont win. But lets hope he wins in 10 to 20 years. The status quo is a disgrace and robbing india I do believe he is honest I doing this to better the people. Rather like the others who enter as a carrer / bussiness to make and loot money.

Kejri is just a vote-cutter' date= nothing more nothing less. Doing all the petty acts since day one of joining politics, which have been part of dirty politics so no way he is different than Cong/ BJP. People having high hopes from him will be disappointed in case his party ever comes to power after 15-20 years.
yes dirty politics of exposing mass theft by indian politicans and those linked to the like Vadra. You call it dirty I call it exposing the truth and trying ( at last someone is trying) to clear up mass indian corruption. Yes he wont win. But lets hope he wins in 10 to 20 years. The status quo is a disgrace and robbing india I do believe he is honest I doing this to better the people. Rather like the others who enter as a carrer / bussiness to make and loot money.
we might be in for a surprise. more delhiites want to see him as CM than BJP/Cong, his election campaign has been way more visible than bjp/cong.... also, has to be said - Dr. Harshvardhan would also make an excellent CM.

It's funny - BJP says AAP cuts votes of BJP and Congress says AAP cuts votes of Congress. :cantstop: Neither of the two ever accuse of vote "cutting" (whatever the phuck that means) from each other. In some ways, we do not deserve honest people because we aren't honest ourselves to begin with.

AAP has worked very hard for it. They are visible all the time through FM channel ads' date=' phones ads, tv debates, door to door campaign, rallies, banners etc...[/quote'] Well lets hope they grow and get bigger and more organised. I hope in major metros of India at least in next 10 years they can become major force Like I said I do truly believe that Kejriwal is in this to help indian people. Not as a carrer/bussiness to make money like all the other are.

Doing a bit too much to gain votes. Prashant Bhushan's views on Kashmir were already clear but I even heard/read he went into some Muslims dominated areas during campaign and told them Indian army kills their brothers in Kashmir. Even Congis haven't stoop so low. Going on to call Batla house encounter fake. Meeting some nutjob maulana who put a fatwa on Bangla writer's head to be chopped in order to gain some votes. I also thought of him as some sort of hope but I was wrong.