Bal Thackeray passes away

1983-2011

They wouldn't. Why would someone keep records of all the positive things that Thackrey or anyone would do. Pick one negative incident, stretch it and make a very big deal out of it and stamp him/her as a terrorist.
Yes very well said one negative incident make a very big deal out of it he aint no terrorist or extremist he was the protector of Marathis and Hindus.

They wouldn't. Why would someone keep records of all the positive things that Thackrey or anyone would do. Pick one negative incident, stretch it and make a very big deal out of it and stamp him/her as a terrorist.
More so One Positive Incedent.I Read the coward bent to Indira Gandhi to save his ass.

1993 Mumbai blasts happened in March Riots happened in January 1993 and yes Thackeray and his party saved many Hindus in Mumbai during those riots.
Were you there - if not STFU! I was there caught in the middle of the cross fire as a kid. Not only did the SS kill Muslims but also incited the Hindus. Sure, they saved a few Hindu families but your xenophobic glasses will not let you see beyond that.
Dude - I was being sarcastic. First, yes there are many good things he did but this is not a weighing scale - good deeds vs bad deeds. That's not for us to do - any person who incites killing of any ethnic proportion can not be accepted in our society. Unless we adopt a zero tolerance policy, this will be repeated - time & again. What I hate most is that the real credit for Mumbai goes to the average hard working Maharashtrian person - not someone sitting with a saffron cloth, beads in hand and drinking Heineken beer in a cosy apartment. There is a difference in providing an opportunity and actually doing it. Bal T may have provided an opportunity but the hard yards have been put by the average middle-class Maharashtrian over two generations.

Were you there - if not STFU! I was there caught in the middle of the cross fire as a kid. Not only did the SS kill Muslims but also incited the Hindus. Sure, they saved a few Hindu families but your xenophobic glasses will not let you see beyond that. Dude - I was being sarcastic. First, yes there are many good things he did but this is not a weighing scale - good deeds vs bad deeds. That's not for us to do - any person who incites killing of any ethnic proportion can not be accepted in our society. Unless we adopt a zero tolerance policy, this will be repeated - time & again. What I hate most is that the real credit for Mumbai goes to the average hard working Maharashtrian person - not someone sitting with a saffron cloth, beads in hand and drinking Heineken beer in a cosy apartment. There is a difference in providing an opportunity and actually doing it. Bal T may have provided an opportunity but the hard yards have been put by the average middle-class Maharashtrian over two generations.
:two_thumbs_up: Its India we represent ,Regionalism is a challenge which will only grow.

What is the one negative incident u are referring to? Inciting Rioting in Mumbai against Muslims ? Attacking Hindus because they arent Marathi ? or using violence against against anyone who dare criticize him?

Were you there - if not STFU! I was there caught in the middle of the cross fire as a kid. Not only did the SS kill Muslims but also incited the Hindus. Sure, they saved a few Hindu families but your xenophobic glasses will not let you see beyond that. Dude - I was being sarcastic. First, yes there are many good things he did but this is not a weighing scale - good deeds vs bad deeds. That's not for us to do - any person who incites killing of any ethnic proportion can not be accepted in our society. Unless we adopt a zero tolerance policy, this will be repeated - time & again. What I hate most is that the real credit for Mumbai goes to the average hard working Maharashtrian person - not someone sitting with a saffron cloth, beads in hand and drinking Heineken beer in a cosy apartment. There is a difference in providing an opportunity and actually doing it. Bal T may have provided an opportunity but the hard yards have been put by the average middle-class Maharashtrian over two generations.
wow:hatsoff: u cant say it any better...

You stfu what about Hindus killed by Muslims trouble only started when Hindus were attacked first

What is the one negative incident u are referring to? Inciting Rioting in Mumbai against Muslims ? Attacking Hindus because they arent Marathi ? or using violence against against anyone who dare criticize him?
Attacking Hindus because they arent Marathi Bal thackeray is one of the leaders who asked for unity Among Hindus he attacked Pakistan with his words because that country was sponsoring terrorism against India.

More so One Positive Incedent.I Read the coward bent to Indira Gandhi to save his ass.
I was not totally referring to him. Am no way a fanboy or a supporter of this guy as some might be here. Excluding the riots as you mentioned...
Attacking Hindus because they arent Marathi ? or using violence against against anyone who dare criticize him?
^ Obviously he wasn't clean but he was mentally a strong guy. I wasn't mentioning what he has done, good or bad, it was his mentality. I wouldn't mind someone who isn't biased but strong enough to lead us compared to the current bunch of clowns.

He protected Kashmiri Pandits and provided them education as well .. :dontknow:
How did Bal Thakeray protect the Kashmiri Pandits? :confused: Don't recall the Shiv Sainiks slugging it out against the Harkat-ul-Mujahiddeen or the JKLF or any of the other terrorist groups in Srinagar or Anantnag, when they were driving away the Pandits.

Exactly!!! People/media/the powers that be unnecessarily demonize Hitler. They just pick one negative incident (Holocaust) and make a big deal out of it. :dontknow: