Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

@Ganesh on the plus side at least a few of the respondents will thank me one day to introducing them to the notion of a woman with a hyperactive sexual appetite who is open to no-strings attached sex with multiple partners. Or maybe not :D
But that is not the point. Here we have someone forcefully made to do something against her will, that too so violently and in a pathetic way. I still don't understand how are you comparing the two :orderorder: Even in your earlier post, that logic doen't apply here as they were criminals and strangers for her. So no question of consent. I still think it was not proper on your part to post in such a carefree manner. She is fighting for her life for God' sake. Anyways, no ill feelings whatsoever. Just my personal opinion, I think you should delete that post. :fishing:

@Ganesh on the plus side at least a few of the respondents will thank me one day to introducing them to the notion of a woman with a hyperactive sexual appetite who is open to no-strings attached sex with multiple partners. Or maybe not :D
hmm so u just compared sex with rape?

Go easy on Pravin folks' date=' [b']he is a level headed chap. Pravin - did you end up miswriting that post? Or was there something you could have explained better?
dude- if these are frigging level headed views I shudder to think what constitutes as moronic thoughts?? He obviously needs help or a dose of reality

Such tragic news and such a waste of a young life. One just hopes that this acts as a catalyst to trigger the many changes needed in Ind society. Just cannot go on like this. Financial Times article: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/53da6dfa-513e-11e2-9623-00144feab49a.html#axzz2GOInZLkz Many protesters have complained that Mr Singh’s government has done little to curb the abuse of women in the country of 1.2bn. A global poll by the Thomson Reuters Foundation in June found that India was the worst place to be a woman because of high rates of infanticide, child marriage and slavery. New Delhi has the highest number of sex crimes among India’s major cities, with a rape reported on average every 18 hours, according to police figures. Government data show the number of reported rape cases in the country rose by nearly 17 per cent between 2007 and 2011.

Truly a shameful moment for India and Delhi in particular. It will take ages for the general public to change its attitude, notwithstanding the protests. Sadly, this is how even the aam Delhi janta treated her when she needed help most ..

They were naked, not one from crowd helped, cops got sheets Stripped and thrown out of the bus after the gangrape and assault on Sunday night, the 23-year-old woman and her friend lay by the roadside in Mahipalpur. Not one from the crowd that had gathered there - police said there were at least 50 people there when they reached the spot - came to their help. No one even bothered to cover them. Cars pulled up, people rolled down windows but the woman and her friend lay there naked till policemen arrived, got two sheets from a nearby hotel, covered and carried them to hospital. .... In his statement to police, the woman's friend said he had "tried to draw the attention of passersby and vehicles on the road when a police vehicle arrived". Police sources said the girl appeared unconscious and was bleeding profusely. Her friend too was bleeding but he was conscious. There were three calls to the police control room, including one by a manager of DS Construction that operates the expressway and an employee of a Mahipalpur hotel. "Our men reached the spot and borrowed two white sheets from a hotel nearby. The onlookers were just standing there, doing nothing. They were pointing at the victims. Not one of them took off a jacket or a piece of clothing to cover the victims. There were women in cars that had pulled over but they did not approach the victims," a police officer said. .... http://www.indianexpress.com/news/they-were-naked-not-one-from-crowd-helped-cops-got-sheets/1047830/0
Time for Delhi and India to introspect.

Is it true that the Juvenile who reportedly brutalized her most' date= can get away in 2013 as per law?
I think Ram singh was the ring leader and lead the brutal assault (both sexual and iron rod). This guy is most likely going to walk free unless the laws are tweaked. Probably they may consider him as an adult to avoid criticism.

Just goes to show the absurdity in considering 17 year olds as "juvenile" in cases of heinous crimes such as rape, murder etc. Even Ajmal Kasab was not much older than 17 yrs, but managed to kill dozens of people. For heinous crimes the person should be treated tried as adult if over 14 yrs, and if convicted should be jailed with juveniles until 18 yrs.