In quest of India's national dish.... what is it?

Nova

To non-veggies yeh lo national dish. :finger: For veggies Chole Bathure bhatura Rajma Chawal rajma-chawal-recipe17.jpg Amritsari Chur Chur Naan 3359951748_7a54b44b84.jpg Makki ki Roti Sarson ka Saag Makki-Di-Roti-Sarson-Da-Saag.jpg
Southies say "meh" And I concur with Lurker. whats with the narthie obsession with rajma chawal? My narthie veggie friends just cant think beyond that one dish when they cook

To non-veggies yeh lo national dish. :finger: For veggies Chole Bathure bhatura Rajma Chawal rajma-chawal-recipe17.jpg Amritsari Chur Chur Naan 3359951748_7a54b44b84.jpg Makki ki Roti Sarson ka Saag Makki-Di-Roti-Sarson-Da-Saag.jpg
We are not looking for the best Punjabi dish. No one eats these regularly except Punjabis. Some of these are not eaten at all in other places.

We are not looking for the best Punjabi dish. No one eats these regularly except Punjabis. Some of these are not eaten at all in other places.
lol and what makes you think that a non-veg dish can become the national dish. Never gonna happen. Just because you guys eat fish and other animals that won't make it national dish. National dish should be the one which even a comman man can afford. Choley bathure plate starts at rs. 20/- Dil pe mat le :--D

lol and what makes you think that a non-veg dish can become the national dish. Never gonna happen. Just because you guys eat fish and other animals that won't make it national dish. National dish should be the one which even a comman man can afford. Choley bathure plate starts at rs. 20/- Dil pe mat le :--D
And that is a great thing! :agree: One of the most sumptuous dishes out there. Love chole bhature yumm! But Rajna-chawal? Surely that is maha-faltoo :bootyshake:

Rajma Chawal is a personal choice. :dance:
Ghanta personal choice. Ghar bula ke khila dete ho yaar tum log. Here is a tip. The menu when inviting non-Northies should read something like this : a) 1 Paneer ka item. b) 1 chicken ka item c) Biryani of any kind d) Roti/Puri e) Fish fry/curry. Lassi, gulab jamun, gajar ka halwa, sonpapadi are etc and dont count. Aapko gyaan baant diya gaya hai, apne samuday mein vitrit karein :agree:

As a Northie' date=' I can attest that Rajma Chawal is very mediocre. Now Chhole Bhature is in a different league altogether, but Makke ki Roti and Sarson Ka Saag is the clear winner for me among the above choices.[/quote'] :agree: