Yuvi back in business

After playing a major role in India's World Cup title triumph, a feat that fetched him the man of the tournament award, swashbuckling left-handed batsman Yuvraj Singh revealed on Saturday that he wanted to win cricket's most coveted title for senior teammate Sachin Tendulkar. "Very sorry to disappoint you, guys. It was not for my girlfriend but for Sachin Tendulkar," he said at the packed post-final media conference with skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni sitting by his side. Yuvraj had said after guiding the team to a great victory over defending champions Australia at Ahmedabad in the quarter finals that he wanted to win the trophy for a "special person" and added the identity of the person would be revealed by him after the final. Yuvraj specially thanked former India captain Sourav Ganguly and Dhoni for keeping faith in him when he was going through tough times. "When I started my career, Sourav was the captain and he supported me a lot. When I went through ups and downs Mahi (Dhoni) supported me. Mahi has been a great captain. Whatever he touches turns into gold. Sourav and MS have been very helpful for my career." "Last year, there were too many injuries, form was not great. I was banking on Ranji Trophy games. I got back to form at the right time," said the 29-year-old Chandigarh-born cricketer who scored 369 runs in nine matches and also picked up 15 wickets to display his all-round prowess in the tournament. Yuvraj said he was not surprised by criticism when things did not go well. "Criticism is part and parcel of the game. If you don't do much, the criticism comes to you. Now that we have won there won't be any criticism," he said. http://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-2011/news/item/171550-yuvraj-reveals-his-someone-special-sachin-tendulkar yuvi-sachin.jpg What a pic! :icflove:

After playing a major role in India's World Cup title triumph, a feat that fetched him the man of the tournament award, swashbuckling left-handed batsman Yuvraj Singh revealed on Saturday that he wanted to win cricket's most coveted title for senior teammate Sachin Tendulkar. "Very sorry to disappoint you, guys. It was not for my girlfriend but for Sachin Tendulkar," he said at the packed post-final media conference with skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni sitting by his side. Yuvraj had said after guiding the team to a great victory over defending champions Australia at Ahmedabad in the quarter finals that he wanted to win the trophy for a "special person" and added the identity of the person would be revealed by him after the final. Yuvraj specially thanked former India captain Sourav Ganguly and Dhoni for keeping faith in him when he was going through tough times. "When I started my career, Sourav was the captain and he supported me a lot. When I went through ups and downs Mahi (Dhoni) supported me. Mahi has been a great captain. Whatever he touches turns into gold. Sourav and MS have been very helpful for my career." "Last year, there were too many injuries, form was not great. I was banking on Ranji Trophy games. I got back to form at the right time," said the 29-year-old Chandigarh-born cricketer who scored 369 runs in nine matches and also picked up 15 wickets to display his all-round prowess in the tournament. Yuvraj said he was not surprised by criticism when things did not go well. "Criticism is part and parcel of the game. If you don't do much, the criticism comes to you. Now that we have won there won't be any criticism," he said. http://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-2011/news/item/171550-yuvraj-reveals-his-someone-special-sachin-tendulkar yuvi-sachin.jpg What a pic! :icflove:
tears tears tears..:tears: UV is my hero along with Sachin.
Guest Shivani

months before the tournament he wasnt even in the scheme of things fr the wc.. and look at him what hes done ! MAN OF THE TOURNAMENT ! Rock solid with the bat and a part timer to take 15 (?) wickets ! NO WAYYYYY Hes not a part timer any more for me ! "form is temporary but class is permanent" HAIL THE YUVINESSSS :hail: :hail: :hail:

First, let's introduce the term 'Hail the Yuviness' and its roots Folks, this is the legend of the Hail the Yuviness term. The word Yuvinesswas first used on the forums on March 13, 2009 on a video thread where Yuvi blasts Asif by me...muhahaha.. This is the earliest discovery of the term. However, I reckon the full term 'hail the yuviness' may have been fully coined in the hood by moi but the details and memories are a bit sketchy and flamy then uses the full term in a subsequent KXIP vs Mumbai Indians IPL thread in the exact post here on April 18, 2009. It then made its way to my custom title as Hail the Yuviness. This was while it was in its infancy. As and when the world turns evil, a hero , a savior rises from the ashes. This is when the flamy happened. Flamy transformed the term with with accessories : the roro smilieys and the full blooded version appeared in the Delhi Daredevels vs KXIP game in post #222 And the final perfected form can be seen in the OP The Legend continues... :hail:

Even his most ardent supporters wouldn't have imagined that Yuvi would be the elusive all rounder a championship team so badly needs. Hats off to him and great job by Dhoni and Kirsten for identifying the all rounder in Sir Yuvi. :hail:

I would not forget that "smashing the bat" in the air after hitting the winning run against Australia. That should be the picture of the MVP of the tournament. It was like a player has completed a mission which he wanted to achieve very badly. Yuvi has done this. There were people who were wanting for him to be dropped and stuff, but there were people who knew he is one of those key dynamites who will come to the party in the big tournament as a special trump card.

Guest Shivani
First, let's introduce the term 'Hail the Yuviness' and its roots Folks, this is the legend of the Hail the Yuviness term. The word Yuvinesswas first used on the forums on March 13, 2009 on a video thread where Yuvi blasts Asif by me...muhahaha.. This is the earliest discovery of the term. However, I reckon the full term 'hail the yuviness' may have been fully coined in the hood by moi but the details and memories are a bit sketchy and flamy then uses the full term in a subsequent KXIP vs Mumbai Indians IPL thread in the exact post here on April 18, 2009. It then made its way to my custom title as Hail the Yuviness. This was while it was in its infancy. As and when the world turns evil, a hero , a savior rises from the ashes. This is when the flamy happened. Flamy transformed the term with with accessories : the roro smilieys and the full blooded version appeared in the Delhi Daredevels vs KXIP game in post #222 And the final perfected form can be seen in the OP The Legend continues... :hail:
yaaaa I used 'hail the yuviness and mahiness' or something like that for my fb status once :giggle:

Man, I recall how some of the posters here used to call Yuvi as Yuseless. Some put references to him in their signatures trying to take a dig at those Yuvi by equating Yuvi to just a six hitter when in reallity they didn't know themselves that his game wasn't solely based on sixes LOL. And then others who passed on judgments like It really shows your character when you support someone like Yuvi and others echoing Hail the Chewy A big :finger: to all of them PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT: YUVRAJ SINGH A little khatta to go with all the meetha :icflove: