B kumar

badmash

Well if everyone keeps praising trundlers and picking them, then nothing will change At least you acknowledhe that he is pathetic option for tests and only reason you would pick him is cos less pathetic then others. But lets not celebrate the fact
a) He'll NOT be picked for Tests in India. b) He's a swing bowler and can be handy in countries with favourable conditions (in Test matches too) c) People were appreciating his spell in the T20 which was really a very good one. Having said so, it was also agreed upon that he might not be of much use in patta tracks. No reason to call him 'pathetic' and all because of the above 3 reasons :dontknow:

Awana did touch upto 140 but I would definetely take BK over him anyday.I love to see an Indian bowler bowl at regular 140+speeds too but most of these 140+bowlers seem very one-dimensional. 130-135K with swing and skill is a way better option than that. Umesh is the only quality Pace bowler we have,so he needs to be complimentedwith bowlers with good skills. As far as PK goes it is a joke to see him bowl at 110-115K,that's a different category all together.

Exactly...I think Umesh is the only exciting fast bowling prospect in terms of pace..... I will bet a $100 that Aaron is ordinary...Firstly I don't think he is a 145-150 bowler from what I have seen and doesn't seem to have a plan B..Nver got the hype around him from day 1 In terms of Pace and skillsets...Umesh is our No 1 bowler In terms of Potential and Pace even after 5 years since debut it is still Ishant :banghead: Since Zak's career seems to be almost over I can see the likes of BK,PK r even Pathan be the ideal foil. Awana,Aaron etc are too one dimensional may be 4-5 K faster version of V.K
I think Aaron is as fast as Umesh from whatever I have seen of him. I am yet to see those skillsets that would make him 'special' in Tests though.
Exactly...I think Umesh is the only exciting fast bowling prospect in terms of pace..... I will bet a $100 that Aaron is ordinary...Firstly I don't think he is a 145-150 bowler from what I have seen and doesn't seem to have a plan B..Nver got the hype around him from day 1 In terms of Pace and skillsets...Umesh is our No 1 bowler In terms of Potential and Pace even after 5 years since debut it is still Ishant :banghead: Since Zak's career seems to be almost over I can see the likes of BK,PK r even Pathan be the ideal foil. Awana,Aaron etc are too one dimensional may be 4-5 K faster version of V.K
no team has many 145k bowlers... australia have many but of them slowed down already same thing happened with endgland i dont think its even important if any bowler is bowling 135k plus and seaming swinging the ball he will be handful for any batsman and no ishant is not the guy with most potential get over it...if umesh gets his act right he will out bowl ishant anywhere...
What potential??? I dont see it. If he was clocking 90mph or tall and getting bounce, then even if went for a few then would see potentila. But some puny fella trundling in sums up whats always wrong with our pace attack. For those who maintain pace does not matter. The history of cricket says no. As fast bowlers win matches, win test matches.
You misunderstood my post. I meant that he performed well in the first T20. He took wickets. Wickets are what matter. Talk of the potential of Gony or Sandeep Warrier or the ability of the injured Aaron can only get so far, I'm interested in people who can take wickets now. Kumar took wickets, he changed the game and has done well for India A.
Am sorry but unlike the new kids. For me TEST cricket is number 1. And any player needs to be viewed in that prism. I see nothing there as a test player. And I mean nothing. Does anyone see anything that makes him a test player, i just see trundle city for tests. Yes maybe ok player for odis. But then Jajdeja is sort of ok for odis as well. Is this how sad we have become. Look at pak rocking up with 7ft 1 inch monster with pace and bounce, Now if we had that debuting for us I would have hard on and be excited as have potential test player. While we have to get excited over some malnourished skiiny runt presenting a nice seam
This is a ridiculous point of view. T20, ODI and Test cricket require different types of player. If you pick your T20 and ODI players with Tests in mind, prepare to lose a lot of T20s and ODIs. I'm interested in a side that can win T20s, win ODIs and win Tests, not play the same team for all three formats.

Bhuvi will be discussed for sometime to come because I figure that he will be 'backed' by the management for sometime specially with his debut performance. My personal opinion is that he is an above average LOI bowler compared to the crap we mostly pick and he can be part of a rotation for the shorter formats. He can't just be picked for tests based on t20 performances and as far as domestic ranji performances are concerned, then there are quite a few seamers who have performed way better than him over the past few seasons to merit test selection ahead of him (i think we know most of those names from the various threads) Bhuvi will surely play quite a few games for India in the shorter format

Aaron and yadav are similar pace.He will get quicker if he stays fit.
Wow' date=' such is the paucity of bowlers that a bowler who has played only 2 T20Is gets a 5 page discussion in a few days, the same number of pages a thread on Sir Jadeja got over 3 years.. Things are that bad![/quote'] nope..we just know jadeja is mediocre and people saw potential here we have had bigger discussion about jinxing or havan threads 5 pages are nothing :P
aaron is quick and actually can be quicker then yadav imo he is 22 with flawed action imagine him at 25 with correct action...this guy has huge potential to be great odi bowler for us hope he does not spoils it cos of injury and ipl
Have been hearing for the last 18 months that Aaron is 22. Probably he is stuck in time. :giggle: