The state-of-the-art Ranchi Cricket Stadium, one of the best stadiums in India.

For me, stadiums in India that are truly world class are: Chennai, Pune, Navi Mumbai, Hyderabad, Nagpur and Ranchi. Even with the renovations, Wankhede is not too spectator friendly and same for Eden Gardens. Also, I don't understand in a country like India where the sun is always blazing away, why don't we have canopies at every venue/ every stand?

Even with the renovations' date= Wankhede is not too spectator friendly and same for Eden Gardens. Also, I don't understand in a country like India where the sun is always blazing away, why don't we have canopies at every venue/ every stand?
Eden Gardens does indeed look rubbish on TV, but can you elaborate on Mumbai? Why do you think it's bad?
For me, stadiums in India that are truly world class are: Chennai, Pune, Navi Mumbai, Hyderabad, Nagpur and Ranchi. Even with the renovations, Wankhede is not too spectator friendly and same for Eden Gardens. Also, I don't understand in a country like India where the sun is always blazing away, why don't we have canopies at every venue/ every stand?
mohali says hello
Eden Gardens does indeed look rubbish on TV' date=' but can you elaborate on Mumbai? Why do you think it's bad?[/quote'] I have been to Wankhede in 2004 and just recently. Previously, it was awfull. Some of the exits were very poorly constructed design wise. Also, the seating was not comfortable (But I guess it was same for most Indian stadiums back in 2004). Recently, many things have changed. The Noth stand is just rubbish to say the least. It stinks of pi$$ and was very untidy last time I was there. Friends have said Vijay Merchant end is pretty good with new seatings and other facilities (renovated stairs, cleanliness, etc.) Also, the construction of the stadium is such, that during the entry and exits, it really feels claustrophobic. I guess it is becaus of lack of space and can't be done away with without re-constructing the stands. What you see on TV is just cosmetic changes (Big screen/ colorful seats etc.)

Eden do look crap on TV...but from what my family & friends has said...the sitting comfort has been increased (that was the main purpose of the renovation). I remember how the cement block was so uncomfortable...but my knee toucking the cement block in front also. But yes....the Eden could have been renovated much better