Important Reminder - Please read

Gambit

:two_thumbs_up: The real deal:two_thumbs_up: having said lets not try to conceal the average performance in the ODIs
It was below average!! 1. Ordinary seam attack 2. Extremely bad fielding 3. Terrible running between the wicket 4. Over-dependence on the openers to get runs as well as see off the new ball. With so many defencies, if you won three matches, it was only because of individual brilliance and nothing else!
I think the test win showed that our team still has guts and the ability to dig deep, The ODI series was a correct representation of our position in world cricket as a slow and unfit team of oldies. Fair results both of these
How many oldies are there in the ODI team of 11 players, CP?
I think the test win showed that our team still has guts and the ability to dig deep, The ODI series was a correct representation of our position in world cricket as a slow and unfit team of oldies. Fair results both of these
hard and firm thoughts there mate :two_thumbs_up:.... i got to agree with that
I think the test win showed that our team still has guts and the ability to dig deep, The ODI series was a correct representation of our position in world cricket as a slow and unfit team of oldies.
Isn't it the oldies whose 100+ partnerships at the top ensured where we are now? Or would a 7-0, 6-1 scoreline suited you better?
Isn't it the oldies whose 100+ partnerships at the top ensured where we are now? Or would a 7-0' date=' 6-1 scoreline suited you better?[/quote'] He's concern is fielding..... we were let down in the series due to pathetic fielding and bowling
Isn't it the oldies whose 100+ partnerships at the top ensured where we are now? Or would a 7-0' date=' 6-1 scoreline suited you better?[/quote'] Ofcourse it is. Unlike you I am happy to give credit where credit is due. Ganguly (despite his tin roof act today) did play well in this series... specially the last couple of games. BUT it is also true that he was one of our worst fielders (give or take a munaf). We need to remember that this pommie team we played was still one of the worst ODI units in the world. How would we fare against a Lanka or Aus? So to move forward we need to get better in the field. Just one Uthappa coming in for a slow fielder made a huge difference to our fielding in the last couple of games. We need to make sure that future games are played with a younger .... ok maybe thats not the right word ... fitter team. We need to weigh the future and balance between experience of the Ganguly's vs the importance of building a better fielding team. We need to make sure that not more than 2-3 slow fielders/runners are in the team. If I had to drop one of the three maharathis I would say SG has to be the first one to go. Then SRT should for the next year or 2 play only 1 in 3 ODI's ... just keep him fit and healthy. Replace t hem with younger and fitter players ...like Uthappa (a player all you gangulians dragged through the mud .... just because he was brought in by GC and had taken SG's spot)