The Congress Thread: Tracking India's Grand Old Party

jairamesh

On the 1984 riots.. and 2002 riots So whats the difference between the stand of Rahul & Modi?

Rahul : The difference between the 84 riots and the riots in Gujarat was that in 1984 the Government was trying to stop the riots. I remember, I was a child then, I remember the Government was doing everything it could to stop the riots. In Gujarat the opposite was the case. The Government in Gujarat was actually abetting and pushing the riots further. So there is a huge difference between the two things, saying that innocent people dying is absolutely wrong Arnab : Explain that. Government of Gujarat was aiding and abetting the riots is what you just said, explain that? Rahul : I mean it's not me...it's the large number of people who were there, large number of people who saw actively the Government of Gujarat being involved in the riots. Arnab : You will keep that line despite the CM getting a clean chit form the courts? Rahul : I mean, people saw it. I am not the person who saw it, your colleague saw it. Your colleagues told me Arnab : They saw the riots? Rahul : The saw the administration actively attacking minorities Arnab: What are you saying? Can you explain? Rahul : I am saying that there was difference between the 1984 riots and the riots in Gujarat. The difference was that the Government in 1984 was trying to stop the riots, trying to stop the killing whereas the Government in Gujarat was allowing the riots to happen. Arnab: So you don't need to apologise for the '84 riots. If someone seeks an apology from you, will you give it? Your Prime Minister has apologised for the riots. Expressed deep regret. Will you do the same? Rahul: First of all I wasn't involved in the riots at all. It wasn't that I was part of it. Arnab: On behalf of you party. Rahul: I think that riots, as all riots, were a horrible event. Frankly I was not in operation in the Congress party.

Arnab: Are you avoiding a direct face-off with Narendra Modi? Is there a fear of loss Rahul because this election is not looking good for the Congress party from overall estimates? And the growing belief is that if Rahul Gandhi has not picked up the challenge officially that means that there is a fear of loss, he is avoiding a direct one on one battle with Narendra Modi, you must answer that? Rahul: To understand that question you have to understand a little bit about who Rahul Gandhi is and what Rahul Gandhi's circumstances have been and if you delve into that you will get an answer to the question of what Rahul Gandhi is scared of and what he is not scared of. The real question is what I am doing sitting here, you are a journalist, when you were small you must have said to yourself I want to do something, you decided to become a journalist at some point, why did you do that?
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
As soon as I had seen 5 mins of his performance, I was sure that Seedhi would love watching this interview. What is your take on his comment about fixing the system that he. his party and khandaan has created, supported and promoted for the last so many years ?