The Congress Thread: Tracking India's Grand Old Party

jairamesh

Here's how the interview went: Arnab Goswami: Mr. RahulGandhi, where were you born? Rahul Gandhi: See, the real issue here is that we have to empower women and bring in more youth into the system.. AG: Mr. Rahul Gandhi, which is your favorite dish? RG: Rahul Gandhi thinks that we should change the processes - that is the only way to improve the system... AG: Mr. Rahul Gandhi, which do you prefer - Ferrari or Lamborghini? RG: see, we brought RTI and LOKPAL the strongest measures to prevent corruption...and my view is that anybody who is corrupt should be brought to justice.... AG: Mr Rahul Gandhi, have you see Salman Khan's latest movie Jai Ho? RG: if you need to know what Rahul Gandhi thinks then you need to need to know what he has done - he has brought in LOKPAL, RTI, democratized the NSUI and Youth Congress...... Or if there were some serious questions: AG - Mr. Rahul Gandhi, your Prime Minister says that Modi is responsible for the Gujarat Rots. Do you agree with your PM? RG - Rahul Gandhi thinks that we should change the processes - that is the only way to improve the system... AG - what is your view on Ashok Chavan and Virbhadra Singh - both are involved in corruption cases? RG: if you need to know what Rahul Gandhi thinks then you need to need to know what he has done - he has brought in LOKPAL, RTI, democratized the NSUI and Youth Congress...... AG - Mr. Rahul Gandhi, what is the difference between the 84' riots and Gujarat Riots? RG - See, the real issue here is that we have to empower women and bring in more youth into the system.. AG - Mr. Rahul Gandhi, would you be ready for a Debate with the main opponent? RG - see, we brought RTI and LOKPAL the strongest measures to prevent corruption...and my view is that anybody who is corrupt should be brought to justice.... It was like a tape recorder fixed on 4 lines which played again and again for 80 minutes.

My observations form the interview: 1. this interview, more than anything else recently, shows which way the political winds are blowing. If the TIMES Group (or if it had been any other channel/group for that matter) thought that Cong had even the slightest chance of coming back to power then no journalist (especially a senior one like Arnab) would have had the balls to ask Rahul such questions. 2. the way this interview went shows a lot about how unprepared the Cong is for the upcoming elections. I mean, the elections are 3 months away and their leader, giving his first ever interview on TV, is absolutely unprepared to answer even the most predictable questions like the ones about accepting the PM's post or about Gujarat Riots or about corruption etc. 3. I must say that after watching this interview I feel a little bit sorry for Rahul. He is simply not good enough for politics but his surname means he has to lead the biggest political party in the world's biggest democracy.

My observations form the interview: 1. this interview, more than anything else recently, shows which way the political winds are blowing. If the TIMES Group (or if it had been any other channel/group for that matter) thought that Cong had even the slightest chance of coming back to power then no journalist (especially a senior one like Arnab) would have had the balls to ask Rahul such questions. 2. the way this interview went shows a lot about how unprepared the Cong is for the upcoming elections. I mean, the elections are 3 months away and their leader, giving his first ever interview on TV, is absolutely unprepared to answer even the most predictable questions like the ones about accepting the PM's post or about Gujarat Riots or about corruption etc. 3. I must say that after watching this interview I feel a little bit sorry for Rahul. He is simply not good enough for politics but his surname means he has to lead the biggest political party in the world's biggest democracy.
I feel sorry for him as well but I think he is either too dumb to realize that he is dumb or he is lalchi. I dont know what it is but this guy will end congress

I feel sorry for him as well but I think he is either too dumb to realize that he is dumb or he is lalchi. I dont know what it is but this guy will end congress
I guess its a question of alternatives - Cong has never allowed any non Gandhi leader to grow so now they are left with him. I will say this - it has obvious for a long time that he was not intelligent but its only after watching this interview that people will realize that he is simply dumb. Seems to have gained absolutely nothing in his 9 years as one of the most influential MPs in the country.

I guess its a question of alternatives - Cong has never allowed any non Gandhi leader to grow so now they are left with him. I will say this - it has obvious for a long time that he was not intelligent but its only after watching this interview that people will realize that he is simply dumb. Seems to have gained absolutely nothing in his 9 years as one of the most influential MPs in the country.
leaders like Pilot or Sindhia will either take over congress or leave, I dont understand how someone with self respect work under his leadership. This guy is simply chutia

leaders like Pilot or Sindhia will either take over congress or leave' date=' I dont understand how someone with self respect work under his leadership. This guy is simply chutia[/quote'] they are all power hungry and don't have much leadership skills. Scindhia led the MP Cong in 2008 Assembly Election, 2009 Lok Sabha and then the recent Assembly Elections - each time the result was worse. Pilot also isn't much better. So they will just to chanchagiri and keep getting senior ministries and make ore and more money.