Indian Batting Since SAF Series

Guest BossBhai

Ganguly' date=' Laxman and Karthik are our top consistent performers. Any average under 40 is not top class. Rahul has scored only 1 50 in the last 12 innings. Wonder when was the last time he was out of touch for this long.[/quote'] I thought he scored a 100 in BD and 1 50 in Eng in last 7 innings. Between 1999-00 NZ home series 2nd test, 1999-00 Aus series and 2000 SA series, in a total of 8 tests, Dravid did not score a single 50 in 16 innings. That is his longest bad stint.
averages can be misleading if we have a small sample size ... and also in cases of low scoring series ... most of the 2 series vs SAF and Eng were low scoring Tests and even a single not out bumps your average .... heck AK had the best average for the Eng series .... :haha:
If not out, bumping the average is your concern, count the not outs as outs & compute the avg. In any case, i dont think we should discount a batsman for being not out (unless thats the only knock that falsely boosts the avg). But total no. of runs does not make sense to me.