Irani Trophy 2013 ( Feb 6-10)

saneindian

Rohit' date='Rahane,Pandey can do well imo.and then there is Bist,Rayudu[/quote'] can do. There is a difference between can do and will do. As I said does not inspire enough confidence. Pandey is not even picked for any of the team if I am right but likes of Raina will always be there.
These teams have few certified FTBs without a shadow of doubt... but it is not as if Pandey has set grounds on fire this season! Has only a single century that too in a high scoring contest IIRC
Yes. He struggled this season with form but the 100 he scored was one of the best innings of the season.

Pandey had a suspected tennis elbow this season and was playing with that. He top scored a few seasons ago when Karnataka reached finals. This season his century in the last match was when he was fighting alone with injury in not easy conditions. Almost saved the match for them but had no support. 170 he made iirc.

And obv first batsman need to be given chances before inspiring confidence. Until then there will be some doubt atleast about everyone. Rohit and Rahane are best bets right now. Rayudu looking decent too. Edit - Actually Badrinath deserves chance. But he won't get picked and not been in great form too. :sad:

And obv first batsman need to be given chances before inspiring confidence. Until then there will be some doubt atleast about everyone. :
You have seen them in FC cricket and based on that, they dont inspire much confidence and I am talking about who have already been with Indian team and I have seen likes of Rahane, Tiwary, Rohit, Mukund, Vijay, Raina, Yuvaraj etc., not uncapped players which I have not seen.