Irani Trophy 2013 ( Feb 6-10)

saneindian

Why isnt he playing?
Looks like the selectors picked the squad based on those vying for a spot in the starting XI. Kohli is a certainty in the playing XI. This would have been good practice for him prior to the Aussie series but that's the reason I can think of. See someone like Jiwanjot, the highest run getter, did not get a game here. That really baffling.
Looks like the selectors picked the squad based on those vying for a spot in the starting XI. Kohli is a certainty in the playing XI. This would have been good practice for him prior to the Aussie series but that's the reason I can think of. See someone like Jiwanjot, the highest run getter, did not get a game here. That really baffling.
Isn't Sachin a certainty? Why does he care to play this match or for that matter Mumbai's Ranjis?
@sandeep' date=',bro,i am getting confused,,,,yesterday u were supporting another hack vijay and even backing him in tackling starc,,,,,,here critiscing raina[/quote'] Vijay is an opener.. "Gambhir and Sehwag".. enough said There are quite a few talented middle order players scoring tonnes of Ranji runs and waiting for opporunity. Suddenly a hack who has failed an entire season comes and scores against a pitiful bowling line up after all their energies have sapped. Not surprisingly, he will get selected.
Isn't Sachin a certainty? Why does he care to play this match or for that matter Mumbai's Ranjis?
Sachin has been with the Mumbai team for a few games and hence he was likely to play as well. I'm talking about the Rest of India squad. Look you can pick out the entire Indian in the Rest of India squad i.e Gambhir, Pujara, Kohli, Ashwin, Dhoni, etc. They're not playing either. In my opinion the Irani Trophy should reward the performers in the Ranji Trophy. Guys like Jjiwanjot, Sid Kaul to name a couple should have been in the ROI squad. Pandey's inclusion is a positive.

Raina could be a good test batsmen provided he works more on his technique and temperament. He is mentally strong and calm under pressure, has good timing, has all the shots in the book, plays spin and pace bowling well and an excellent fielder. He needs to have more experience playing swing bowling because most SC batsmen struggle in those conditions. He also has to work on playing the short ball but looks as if he has worked on it compared to when he started out.

Vijay is an opener.. "Gambhir and Sehwag".. enough said There are quite a few talented middle order players scoring tonnes of Ranji runs and waiting for opporunity. Suddenly a hack who has failed an entire season comes and scores against a pitiful bowling line up after all their energies have sapped. Not surprisingly, he will get selected.
You know how Vijay did this past Ranji Trophy ? An average of 17
Sachin has been with the Mumbai team for a few games and hence he was likely to play as well. I'm talking about the Rest of India squad. Look you can pick out the entire Indian in the Rest of India squad i.e Gambhir' date=' Pujara, Kohli, Ashwin, Dhoni, etc. They're not playing either. In my opinion the Irani Trophy should reward the performers in the Ranji Trophy. Guys like Jjiwanjot, Sid Kaul to name a couple should have been in the ROI squad. Pandey's inclusion is a positive.[/quote'] I'm all in for selecting the best Ranji XI! But when you're not selecting them, you should atleast select the players who are going to feature in the next test series to give them some match practice. So Kohli and Dhoni's excusion is indeed baffling, given they're sure to feature in the first test
I'm all in for selecting the best Ranji XI! But when you're not selecting them' date=' you should atleast select the players who are going to feature in the next test series to give them some match practice. So Kohli and Dhoni's excusion is indeed baffling, given they're sure to feature in the first test[/quote'] why not play indian team against them then ?
I'm all in for selecting the best Ranji XI! But when you're not selecting them' date=' you should atleast select the players who are going to feature in the next test series to give them some match practice. So Kohli and Dhoni's excusion is indeed baffling, given they're sure to feature in the first test[/quote'] This is for giving other players opportunities so they could make a case for getting a test spot.