Next Indian Captain: Your Choice

varun

Next Indian Captain: Your Choice  

1. 1.

• Sachin Tendulkar for TESTS & ODIS
    • Saurav Ganguly for TESTS & ODIS
    • Kumble for TESTS and Dhoni for ODIS
    • Other: Please mention

Sad day.... I hope a lot of people here are happy ......
Yes. I am happy because it means that 'THE WALL' will be back. Yee haa. None of this captaincy nonsense which affected his batting. It means we may see few more centuries from him. Good for India. He wasn't providing the value as a captain. Also, I don't think it will be Ganguly. He has had his day. My money is on Dhoni to take over but I get this feeling that SRT might be in an interim 'job' until Dhoni is totally ready for it. Bad move if they ask SRT to be the captain. I would personally just give it to Karthick. I know you guys will say "what the cr@p ....". But my feeling is that give it to someone totally new and make a fresh start. The example I would give is of Smith of SA. He took over when he was 23 only and had made a good unit out of it. To a lesser extent Ashraful of Bongos. He certainly is better than the Basher. I don't think keeping and captaincy go together - may be Dhoni will prove me wrong.
Maybe he thought it was affecting his batting too much If all three continue under whoever the next capt is it will not be easy for him at all under their collective shadow
But the question is who'll they continue under? Which other player apart from Kumble has his place certain in the XI? Dhoni is not doing that well in tests and he is yet to travel to all the countries. Who else then??
Maybe he thought it was affecting his batting too much He wasnt a great captain anyway He should retire from ODIs- with SRT and Gangs- it will be the least smooth transition ever, but it should have happened a while ago- if we do not groom for WC 2011 now then when will we?- Im sure that was part of RDs thinking If all three continue under whoever the next capt is it will not be easy for him at all under their collective shadow
Now the above will be sensational Easy there
Okay....three facts : DRAVID IS THE ONLY INDIAN CAPTAIN NOT TO HAVE A LOSING RECORD AWAY FROM, HAS REGISTERED MOST AWAY SERIES WIN BY AN INDIAN CAPTAIN, AND IS THE SECOND CAPTAIN TO HAVE WON TWO SERIES OUTSIDE THE SUBCONTINENT. All that with a declining team in all respects.
He also captained the side tht got knocked out of the WC in the 1st round by losing to a minnow. Even in 99 when we lost to Zim, we still made it to the next round. We can spin captaincy records all day long.