After today, I don't see India progressing to the semis

Dandaroy, you must be the most extreme fair weather fan I've ever come across. One day you say Indian team sucks and the next you say they are great. Your last two threads were : "C'mon no more bashing today, let's enjoy the victory" "We Won We Won We Won............." I don't quite understand your logic. If India won last night would you have taken it for granted India will get to semi finals? Despite winning last night India could have lost to Eng and SA i.e failing to make it to semis.

His point is still valid though. During the ODI series against England what were the 2 biggest gaps: a) lack of fast bowlers who can bowl reasonably at the end and b) utility players who can hit at the end. These gaps are exposed even more in 20/20. So yes we dont have a team that can reach the semis. Should we have realized this before the world cup started - yes; do fans on this board get overy optimistic - yes.

Dandaroy, you must be the most extreme fair weather fan I've ever come across. One day you say Indian team sucks and the next you say they are great. Your last two threads were : "C'mon no more bashing today, let's enjoy the victory" "We Won We Won We Won............." I don't quite understand your logic. If India won last night would you have taken it for granted India will get to semi finals? Despite winning last night India could have lost to Eng and SA i.e failing to make it to semis.
No No No........I am not saying this to start a thread. I will be the first to yell victory if India wins, but this Indian team is NOT a good 20/20 team, worse than the ODI team. No star power to take the match in their own hands, poor bowling and although we have some firepower in the top and middle, our lower order is awful......compare that to the lower order of SA, NZ and even England. Frankly even if we beat England, I absolutely do not see us beating SA, and do not see England beat NZ. So NZ and SA will advance. If India win against Eng and SA and advance to the semis with this team, I will be VERY surprised (pleasantly of course), but I do not see that happening. You can shoot me if we do somehow sneak into the semis. However, I think India's best chance of getting to semis was winning 2 out of 3 and that against NZ and England. We blew the first chance, and I HONESTLY believe (as much I would not like to) that this team cannot stand up to SA in this 20/20 version of the game.....ODI probably, but not 20/20.
here comes sankhi ppl.. dandruff dude when ppl like u create such nasty, irritating threads like this.. its really hard to control urself from speaking ------ u did same when India were 3-1 down.. and then when we made 3-3 u were like come on India come on lol
yes I was happy.....of course I would be as an India fan.....but down 3-1 did they win the series cricket-ass? Tell me...............if you look at history down 1-3 in a 7 game series it is an Herculean effort to win 4-3. The Indians did well to tie 3-3 but then ran out of gas trying to win 3 in a row. It almost always happens when one is down 1-3
Nbut this Indian team is NOT a good 20/20 team' date=' worse than the ODI team. No star power to take the match in their own hands, poor bowling and although we have some firepower in the top and middle, our lower order is awful......[/quote'] o please, can u tell me what better squad we could have had other then this?? u want abey kuruvila and prasad to bowl then?? this is one of the best young squad u could have made for this tournament.. whenever any certain bowler starts giving runz, then it gets pretty easy for an INdian to say "throw him out of the squad and bring so n so player" then the next bowler comes and does same and then ppl talk trash about him too.. again.. thats the best squad which we could have.. its not that we are missing tendulkar, or dravid or gang in this tournament...
o please, can u tell me what better squad we could have had other then this?? u want abey kuruvila and prasad to bowl then?? this is one of the best young squad u could have made for this tournament.. whenever any certain bowler starts giving runz, then it gets pretty easy for an INdian to say "throw him out of the squad and bring so n so player" then the next bowler comes and does same and then ppl talk trash about him too.. again.. thats the best squad which we could have.. its not that we are missing tendulkar, or dravid or gang in this tournament...
Oh Please get a grip.....I did not say this is NOT the best group of young guys we could get. I just said as a 20/20 team we are not a good team yet. After all how many 20/20 games have we played internationally or domestically before this tournament> Just chosing a bunch of fit young guys does not make a good team. We do not have a proven match winner in this. Look at SA or Australia (one of them will win the cup), all the regular ODI guys are playing in 20/20, because despite their age they are all fit and are adapting well in this version of the game.
Oh Please get a grip.....I did not say this is NOT the best group of young guys we could get. I just said as a 20/20 team we are not a good team yet. After all how many 20/20 games have we played internationally or domestically before this tournament> Just chosing a bunch of fit young guys does not make a good team. We do not have a proven match winner in this. Look at SA or Australia (one of them will win the cup)' date=' all the regular ODI guys are playing in 20/20, because despite their age they are all fit and are adapting well in this version of the game.[/quote']

Whats the point? Those teams also know that those old guns will have to retired one day... And you are talking about SA... They are playing many new players... We have to build new players soon. These new guys have not been chosen as random. Just because we lost one match does not mean that we are playing worthless players in the team. If you don't give them chance how will you see their talent. The commitment in the field by the new players is much better. Teams are not made in a night. It takes time

Whats the point? Those teams also know that those old guns will have to retired one day... And you are talking about SA... They are playing many new players... We have to build new players soon. These new guys have not been chosen as random. Just because we lost one match does not mean that we are playing worthless players in the team. If you don't give them chance how will you see their talent. The commitment in the field by the new players is much better.

Teams are not made in a night. It takes time

Can you please tell me what Crapkar is doing and why Sreesanth bleeds runs every time he bowls!!

Problem does not lie with you Dandaroy, it is with your passion. Despite knowing the team doesn't have the experience you expect the team to make it to the semi finals. You firstly don't rate the team and you give them a hard time if they can't win. I think you are a way too passionate Indian cricket fan that wants the Indian team to win every possible game irrespective of the format against everyone. When they don't do it due to the lack of resources you can't bear them and you run them down. When they do win you get all excited. You are yet another typical fanatic cricket fan. I think irrespective of the team fielded you will experience high and low emotions. You fit this website just right :two_thumbs_up:

Problem does not lie with you Dandaroy' date=' it is with your passion. Despite knowing the team doesn't have the experience you expect the team to make it to the semi finals. You firstly don't rate the team and you give them a hard time if they can't win. I think you are a way too passionate Indian cricket fan that wants the Indian team to win every possible game irrespective of the format against everyone. When they don't do it due to the lack of resources you can't bear them and you run them down. When they do win you get all excited. You are yet another typical fanatic cricket fan. I think irrespective of the team fielded you will experience high and low emotions. You fit this website just right :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] Are you some psychic?? :D
Let's be clear : We are NOT a 20/20 team. After losing to NZ' date=' I do not see them going to the semis. They might be able to beat England, but SA..............forget it.[/quote'] Why indian isnt a 20 20 team?you also have big hitters like Yuvi,Dhoni,Uthapa,Karthik,Iffi,Sehwag etc.Why dont you trust on your team?