Deodhar Trophy 2012-13

I watched a few of the overs here and can see that Mithun and VK were going at speeds between 125-128' date=' even when some balls looked a lot quicker than 120s.. After pitching the ball seems a lot slower too... So i guess its a bit early to judge Warrier based on what we see here.. But if Sid Kaul bowled at 138+ yorkers on these pitches and conditions then it makes him the next in line to play for India in LOIs.[/quote'] Kaul and Shami both clocked 135 plus. Unadkat too was bowling his usual 130-135. Dont see much wrong with speed readings.

11.1 Nayar to Vihari, OUT, movement in the air, fuller on middle and leg, Vihari played down the wrong line and timber gets rattled, both the openers are back in the hut GH Vihari b Nayar 23 (33b 2x4 1x6) SR: 69.69 Karthik comes in 11.2 Nayar to Karthik, 2 runs, played to fine leg 11.3 Nayar to Karthik, 1 wide, flashing at the away going delivery, flirting with danger 11.3 Nayar to Karthik, no run, length delivery, Karthik leaves the incoming delivery and gets hit high on his pads, lbw appeal turned down 11.4 Nayar to Karthik, 1 wide, wide on off stump 11.4 Nayar to Karthik, 1 wide, wide on the other side, down the leg 11.4 Nayar to Karthik, 1 wide, wide on off stump, in-fact a bag on, wavered 11.4 Nayar to Karthik, no run, finally gets one correct, left alone 11.5 Nayar to Karthik, 1 wide, wide on off stump again, not happening for Nayar 11.5 Nayar to Karthik, no run, defended to off side 11.6 Nayar to Karthik, 1 wide, whats happening, wide on off stump again, bonus runs for the South 11.6 Nayar to Karthik, 1 wide, oho again a wide, on wide of off stump 11.6 Nayar to Karthik, 1 wide, wide again, shorthen his run-up 11.6 Nayar to Karthik, 1 wide, wide again 11.6 Nayar to Karthik, 1 wide, whats wrong Nayar, bowling all around, wide on off Free Hit coming up 11.6 Nayar to Karthik, 1 no ball, this time its a no ball 11.6 Nayar to Karthik, no run, wild swing and a miss, finishes an real lengthy over This over from Nayar was crazy.

lol Mithun n VK are in same team.that might have had an effect:--D
I meant he has proved another Abhimanyu Mithun, only hype, no substance. Kaul bowls far quicker and better than him, still people do not even talk about him as such while Warrier already has bundles of article about him. Good PR machine. Media and coaches really exaggerate things.
It is not a dead pitch for seamers.
Little bit of movement early and then some reverse for the Nayar/Binny type bowlers. Except for that it is dead and low. Plus slow too. Ball holds up nice to be hit the quicker you ball unless you get it real full.
Little bit of movement early and then some reverse for the Nayar/Binny type bowlers. Except for that it is dead and low. Plus slow too. Ball holds up nice to be hit the quicker you ball unless you get it real full.
so movement early and reverse later,still its a dead wicket:cantstop:
Thats what I thought too.. Vinay when he pitched it fuller showed up quicker on the speed guns.
Thats what I thought too.. Vinay when he pitched it fuller showed up quicker on the speed guns.
Kaul averaged around 134-135. He was consistent with his pace' date=' fastest 139K. He is the fastest bowler till now whatever I have seen off in this tournament.[/quote'] As Pindxb says above the fuller length balls get faster readings. Warrier is bowling too short almost. Kaul was bowling fuller. He maybe slower than people were saying based on nothing as usual, but clearly he isn't a LO bowler and is struggling with that. Not the best place to judge his longer form credentials. Still not ready for International cricket though.
As Pindxb says above the fuller length balls get faster readings. Warrier is bowling too short almost. Kaul was bowling fuller. He maybe slower than people were saying based on nothing as usual, but clearly he isn't a LO bowler and is struggling with that. Not the best place to judge his longer form credentials. Still not ready for International cricket though.
Kaull bowled short too, especially Naman Ojha who got hit on helmet by Kaul on a fast bouncer and that clocked at 135. You can check that in the same thread. I had posted that. Regarding Warrier, talk was that he is pacey. It was not about how he can bowl in FC or one day.
It turned out to be similar case like it was with Mithun a few years back. A lot of things were talked about him too.
Mithun always seemed ordinary to me at least. I don't care that much about Warrier's pace, as i expected to be dissapointed there. :giggle: But can he get the ball to move in FC is what i want to see.... Because if he can even at 135 to 140 THEN any bowler can be effective. Mithun just huffs and puffs but gets less movement compared to other bowlers. Warrier to me seems can get some away movement.