Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour 2013

Raghav_12

Dissapointing match in the end. Fed looked tired after breaking in set 1, could not sustain the quality. Cant get into rallies with Rafa and not enough first serves going in. He should retire. Either that or really work out, put muscle on and reconstruct his backhand so it is two handed.

Dissapointing match in the end. Fed looked tired after breaking in set 1' date=' could not sustain the quality. Cant get into rallies with Rafa and not enough first serves going in. He should retire. Either that or really work out, put muscle on and reconstruct his backhand so it is two handed.[/quote'] Give him a break,he's a geriatric in tennis terms

sooda just echoed my sentiments..fed is more prone to backhand error after a tired/long game which makes his backhand a sitting duck..he has to strengthen his backhand which is erroneous else good luck against more healthy players with superior stamina..

Djokovic has come very strongly after US open this season ensuring that Nadal doesn't end year as runaway winner for the season. He won 4 titles back to back Beijing, Shanghai, Paris and ATP finals.. amazing run.. Going in today's match, though I wanted Nadal to win but I knew that Djoko had better chance. He is looking supremely fit and confident in contrast to the sorry figure that he was cutting after big losses to Nadal and Murray in first three-quarter of the year. In hindsight I feel he benefitted with Murray's absence from tour. Somehow Murray always poses challenge to him while Nadal takes care of Murray rather easily. Nadal and Djokovic rivalry keeps getting more riveting and Nadal-Federer keeps getting more and more yellow hue in comparison. After 39 battles, they stand at 22-17 in favour of Nadal but nobody knows who would be eventual winner. They keep taking turn to dominate this duel which was not the case with Rafa-Roger. Initially Nadal used to rule over Djoker, then with incredible run in 2011, it seemed like that Djoko established vice like grip on Nadal. But then Nadal found a solution and until US open it looked like that Nadal has restored the old order and for good. But as of now, it is Djoko who seems to have upper hand in this duel. 2014 going to be interesting where Nadal, Djoko and Murray would be competing at full throttle and DelPo trying to break into this clique.

Not a classic match by any means but happy that Nivak won. Surprised at how erratic Rafa was. seemed to be struggling with the knee a bit too towards the end' date=' Hope he is ok[/quote'] I don't think there was any problem with him physically. He got it wrong tactically(standing far behind to return), made a lot of UEs and Novak just outplayed him.

The serving from Djokovic at key moments was huge. I don't buy any of this nonsense that Nadal wasn't able to play his A game. You only play as well as your opponent allows you to. Nadal was actually lucky that Novak didn't break him twice in both sets, such was the command from Djokovic. Is this the best point of the year? xrshHNGrRfc

I'm so excited about what 2014 could hold. Novak isn't rattled by Rafa as we thought he might be given the two big losses this year. Novak will be chasing next year and we all remember what happened the last time he was chasing Nadal, he went on to batter him 6/7 times in a row. Rafa will be wanting to catch up to Fed in the GS count and trying to show he is the boss vs Novak. Murray will be a very dangerous 3rd player in the list and coming back from a lay off he could go on a dangerous run on the HCs. Del Po is not the fittest but in the shorter format he is proving that he is a very capable player and a threat to all. So tennis in good shape for 18 months.