The most improved player in world cricket the last 12 months

Ram

Yep , its Sri Lankan Pacer Dilhara Fernando. That this guy had loads of talent was never in doubt, but he seems to have to got it together in the last year of cricket. Has been coming up with consistent, match-winning performances for SL. He was quick then , if anything he seems to have gotten quicker now , regularly crossing 140 kmph.. I guess Tom Moody had a huge role in transforming this eccentric talent into a consistent match winner for Lanka. Also , Jayawardene seems to back him more than the previous Lankan skippers. Along with Vaas and Malinga , he forms quite a decent pace attack for Sri Lanka.

Not sure about most improved player tag but certainly an excellent bowler. Has good height, pace and bounce. Forms a formidable force for SL alongside Vaas, Malinga & Murali. Somehow he has not performed greatly against major teams(to my knowledge) but he has the tools alright.

IMO The most Improved palyers in past 12 months arein bowling Zaheer Khanin batting Younas KhanI alwyas liked zaheer.He always reminded me of great wasim.They way he bowled Waugh in CT in Kenya was great to see but he wasnt a complete bowler yet.Couldnt control the swing.Gave away too many extras in big matches etc etc. but now after his come back we have seen a new Zaheer.He has a great control over his swing now.i always doubted Younas Khan´s hitting ability though he was a good defensive bat but in recent time he has learnt the art of slogging as well.Good to see him playing with good sr.