Pakistan Elections - 2013

Asim

I guess there was fear of votes being manipulated once the voting was done so they had the counting on the same day.
I think only in India counting will start after few days. It's difficult I know, still we have to finish the voting & Counting on same day. PS : Even US have same day counting .

I think only in India counting will start after few days. It's difficult I know, still we have to finish the voting & Counting on same day. PS : Even US have same day counting .
In India the election is spread over 5-6 dates so counting can only be done once all the phases of the election are over. Also, once polling at a particular polling station is over, the EC officials take at least 2 hours to securely pack up the EVMs and all other stuff and by that time its already around 8 in the night so its not feasible to start counting at that time. But I don't know why they can't have counting the nest day..

Totally different voting trends in KPK vs Punjab, KPK voted for "total change" + anti-US stance, went in favor of Imran Khan no matter who was the candidate, few Big players lost... Punjab (except very few urban seats of Islamabad, Lahore, Rawalpindi) voted anti PPP + power political players, went in favor of N...

And this ladies and gentlemen' date=' is why elections are not decided on the internet or by non-residents. If that were the case, Imran would have won by a huge majority[/quote'] We always knew that :giggle: How much people cry in internet over corruption of Con party , still Con party comes to power. Any way Imran Khan did well , he is now became main opposition, not bad at all.

did people seriously think PTI was going to get majority? politics on social media and ground realities are two totally different things
No matter what were the claims, making opposition in federal itself would be considered one huge success by PTI fans since PPP, MQM, JI etc all in mainstream politics since 25-45 years whereas PTI started the Real Power Politics just 2 years ago... No easy time for N coming up since PTI wont do any "friendly opposition" and Nawaz dont have "zardari skills" too, every little mistake by N will go in favor of PTI but for now no credits away from N, congrats and wish them all the best :)