Random discussion featuring Bongs, marathas and much much more

Muloghonto

I like how he has adopted and thrown away the great Bihari-Magadhi-Oriya-Assam->Bengali connection on his whim. When Bihari kings were doing great, he counted them in as Bengali ancestors :phehehe: . But in the modern times, since Biharis/Oriya did not win Nobel prize/had 'intellectual achievements' such as first IAS/or were not hanged in Kala pani en-masse, he cooly states only 15% (i.e. bengali only) population was doing the great work for the country. :hahaha: Having your roshgulla and gulping it too :nono: Either you claim the whole Bihari-Magadhi-Oriya-Assam-Bengali bhai-bhai connection for eternity or you don't. So if the greatest kings were bengali via Bihari connection, then the 15% thing doesn't stand when you count the Bihari-Magadhi-Oriya-Assam-Bengali population, whether it is the number of Nobel prize winners or IAS or number of freedom fighter per capita :rofl:
Do the Indians still claim Pakistan or Nepal as one of their own ? The reason i see Bihar as different, is because it *IS* different from Bengal. My point is, once upon a time, Bihar (Magadha) and Bengal were one land, one people and one culture. Then those central Asian imimgrant Rajputs came, conquered Bihar away from us and passive jihaded its culture so that Bihar became hindi speaking and not a magadhi speaking culture. Ie, just like how the Turks turkified/Islamacized Punjab, the Gurgins 'hindified' Bihar and took it out of our culture fold. The only difference between what happened in Nalanda and what happened in Taxila, was that the former was culturally crushed by the hindus,the latter culturally and materially by the muslims.

^ how does it matter anyway. My grandpa fought in azad hind fauj after quitting his job as principal of a school. I am proud that he had guts to do something like that but how does it matter if my padosi knows about my grandpa's sacrifice and daring ? If one is proud of Sikh or Bongs then be proud but its not that everybody around you should know all the facts and should appreciate it and even if they do' date=' our generation doesnt get any credit for it.[/quote'] That is a fair point. PS: Did your granddaddy survive the Burma campaign ?

^ how does it matter anyway. My grandpa fought in azad hind fauj after quitting his job as principal of a school. I am proud that he had guts to do something like that but how does it matter if my padosi knows about my grandpa's sacrifice and daring ? If one is proud of Sikh or Bongs then be proud but its not that everybody around you should know all the facts and should appreciate it and even if they do' date=' our generation doesnt get any credit for it.[/quote'] Join the club on Grandpa fighting in Indian freedom struggle. And yes they all did so for the greater good of India and not any one community. That said, SL's grievance, misled as it is (in my opinion) is not entirely without point. Somehow in the past couple of decades (or so) many of the freedom luminaries have been forgotten. Folks like Rasbihari Bose, Kittur ki Rani Chennamma, Kunwar Singh, Bagha Jatin etc have been forgotten, or relegated to history books. Some of our heroes have been made a poster boy, Bhagat Singh, for example. This is not something even Bhagat Singh would have wanted. He was a Bismil and Udham Singh shagird, but chances are those who celebrate Bhagat Singh dont often know about Bismil and Shaheed Uddham Singh. This lack of knowledge is all around, and growing. Where SL is going wrong is thinking it was all part of conspiracy lol when it is simply ignorance at best, and intellactual decay at worst.

^^ Furthermore, if you check Ranchi's history (for example) you will read about Santhal rebellion, much earlier than 1857 revolution, led by Sidhu-Kanhu. Depending on historians, it is often cited as the very first social rebellion of India history. Of course it is rarely known, and these days Ranchi is known for Dhoni. Not for Sidhu-Kanhu or even Albert Ekka (Paravir Chakra winner :isalute: )

yes' date=' he never told anybody any stories about his experience.[/quote'] My mother's nana's (who himself was BIA officer posted in singapore at the time) two cousins also served in the azad hind fauj and didn't return until almost 1 year after the end of the war. Everyone assumed they were dead. The way my nani describes it that they were basically half their original weight. Was watching a documentary on Indian contributions to WW2, when the **** got really bad in Burma, Japanese used the faujis for target practice. Azad hind faujis went through hell. Literally.

My mother's nana's (who himself was BIA officer posted in singapore at the time) two cousins also served in the azad hind fauj and didn't return until almost 1 year after the end of the war. Everyone assumed they were dead. The way my nani describes it that they were basically half their original weight. Was watching a documentary on Indian contributions to WW2, when the **** got really bad in Burma, Japanese used the faujis for target practice. Azad hind faujis went through hell. Literally.
Stupid people deserve no sympathy.

ok i couldn't resist posting after what SachinLara posted in another thread. After this, I'm not sure whether to take him seriously. Some would take whatever he posts as being true.

Jainism, Buddhism and Sikkhism were ALL founded in Bihar, not Pakistan. Mahavira lived and preached in Bihar, Buddha is from Bihar-Nepal border region & spent most of his life in the semi-vedic 'magadha-vangadesha' region & Guru Nanak lived, preached and is buried in Bihar.
Guru Nanak was born in Punjab and it is believed he passed away in Punjab as well. Plz do tell me the burial place in Bihar?

@SachinLara lol...just because you only heard of Bhagat Singh, doesn't mean there were no other Punjabis/Sikhs or any other community. Here's a small perspective: A few from the top of head: Bhagat Singh Udham Singh Kartar Singh Sarabha Randhir Singh Ajit Singh *Ghadar Party : mainly a Punjabi party against the British Baba Bhagwan Singh Dhosanjh Maulavi Barkatullah Kartar Singh Sarabha Baba Visakha Singh Harnam Singh Tundilat Harnam Singh Kahira Sahira' Harnam Singh Saini Sohan Singh Bhakna Lala Har Dayal Tarak Nath Das Pandurang Sadashiv Khankhoje Ganda Singh Phangureh V. G. Pingle Bhai Randhir Singh Munsha Singh Dukhi Karim Bux Harikrishan Talwar 2w24ig3.jpg The Azad Hind Fauj/ Indian National Army had thousands of Sikhs. Estimates account to more than half. It was Mohan Singh's idea initially and which was later ressurected by Bose. The Kooka Movement against the British in Punjab n4ts86.jpg For which they were blown off from canons *Jalianwalah Bagh massacre and the unrest that followed *Hundreds of Sikhs were hanged, thousands were exiled,etc. Not to mention the numerous morchas p.s My post is not a means to boast about something ..neither is is a comprenshive list but rather presented as a glimpse of another perspective. Ciao, i'm out of this thread.

ok i couldn't resist posting after what SachinLara posted in another thread. After this' date=' I'm not sure whether to take him seriously. Some would take whatever he posts [s']as being true as being delusional. Guru Nanak was born in Punjab and it is believed he passed away in Punjab as well. Plz do tell me the burial place in Bihar?

You are. Posting a sob story about your khaandaan expecting people to say, "surajmal bhai bada bura hua unke saath". Half of their original weight. :laugh: But at the very least you accepted your khandaan was stupid.
You do realize that your remark was uncalled for and completely out of context.

You are. Posting a sob story about your khaandaan expecting people to say, "surajmal bhai bada bura hua unke saath". Half of their original weight. :laugh: But at the very least you accepted your khandaan was stupid.
You *******, My point was to highlight that the "not sharing stories" part isn't a one off case. Azad Hind Fauj's war campaign isn't part of the discourse because very few, if any, vets were willing to share their stories. But keep being a ****.