Day 2 Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Day 2 Post Match Discussion Thread post match interview on cricinfo..

By stumps, Graeme Smith and Hashim Amla had taken South Africa to 144 for 1 after Sreesanth had got AB de Villiers early. According to Pollock, the fate of the match rested largely in the hands of South Africa's batsmen, with batting supposed to be at its easiest on day three.

Re: Day 2 Post Match Discussion Thread If India can bowl South Africa out before Tea and for less than 400, then India are certenley in the game. And if India bowl South Africa out before 200 then India have more or less won the game. (Come on India we can do it)

Re: Day 2 Post Match Discussion Thread Don't know Gambo you seem to have a lot of faith in this team. I don't think this team is mentally strong enough to force a win. Their mindset is very defensive and already they will be hoping they can get away with a draw so that they can go home unscathed. If South Africa gets anywhere near India's total and India has to bat on day 4 they will play into South Africa's hands. They will not set the tempo and will fear a defeat hence will not be able to set a good 2nd innings total. Even if India leads by 350 on 4th day they won't declare, they aren't as confident and barring one or two players they lack the positive attitude. The best India will get is a "DRAW" from this test match. Of course I like to be proven wrong.

Re: Day 2 Post Match Discussion Thread

The game is pretty evenly poised as I see it. A good bowling spell or confident run scoring for 20 overs is enough to change the balance perceptibly. Lets hope our bowlers can produce a top notch spell early in the morning tomorrow.
Exactly. SA are still trailing by 279 runs, so there is ample time for a comeback to materialise. It's not looking like a lost cause at all. I reckon India will win if they can restrict SA to 450. From that point onwards, they only need to set a target of 250 as the pitch starts to break apart. The spinners can wreak havoc on a 5th day wicket and the result will take care of itself.

Some of you guys have not read the game correctly. India will win this easily. RSA will fold for 350 odd and we will set them 330+ in 100 overs. Zaheer, I feel, will bowl really well on the 4th inning krumbler.
Like I said.

Some of you guys have not read the game correctly. India will win this easily. RSA will fold for 350 odd and we will set them 330+ in 100 overs. Zaheer' date=' I feel, will bowl really well on the 4th inning krumbler.[/quote'] Like I said.
:wtg: :wtg: :wtg:

Some of you guys have not read the game correctly. India will win this easily. RSA will fold for 350 odd and we will set them 330+ in 100 overs. Zaheer' date=' I feel, will bowl really well on the 4th inning krumbler.[/quote'] Like I said.
Almost there Gambit, good one :hmph: I hope your prediction comes true and we will all owe you one :wtg:

Re: Day 2 Post Match Discussion Thread This is what Schwetty wrote: The ball which got Tendulkar was good but the Tendulkar of old would never have played it off the backfoot and let it misbehave off the pitch. He is still a distance away from his best but is slowly getting back and it might be only a matter of time before these 60s become 100s. I would advise Schwetty not to hold his breath waiting for those 100s'. It may never happen again. (not unless Sachin plays a Chinese team).

This is what Schwetty wrote: The ball which got Tendulkar was good but the Tendulkar of old would never have played it off the backfoot and let it misbehave off the pitch. He is still a distance away from his best but is slowly getting back and it might be only a matter of time before these 60s become 100s. I would advise Schwetty not to hold his breath waiting for those 100s'. It may never happen again. (not unless Sachin plays a Chinese team).
tbp, remember what you posted, most likely you will have to print and eat these words.

Don't know Gambo you seem to have a lot of faith in this team. I don't think this team is mentally strong enough to force a win. Their mindset is very defensive and already they will be hoping they can get away with a draw so that they can go home unscathed. If South Africa gets anywhere near India's total and India has to bat on day 4 they will play into South Africa's hands. They will not set the tempo and will fear a defeat hence will not be able to set a good 2nd innings total. Even if India leads by 350 on 4th day they won't declare' date=' they aren't as confident and barring one or two players they lack the positive attitude. The best India will get is a "DRAW" from this test match. Of course I like to be proven wrong.[/quote'] Bump..... Sorry to bump this and sound a bit cheeky on a day not good for Indian cricket fans but honestly I know some of the players in the team well enough to understand their mentality. The seniors in the team have far too many mental scars and one of them come from an era when India struggled non stop. It is not easy to erase such memories and be positive. I'm sure we all know whom I'm referring to here.