Anti Ajinkya Rahane Brigade

He is below average in odis. His Test knock doesn't change anything on the odi front.
That's what I am trying to say,If he was out slogging in ODIs and T20s there could be justification that he is not made for the format or similarly if he had issues with rotatinjg the strike that could be called an issue with formats but basic technique atleast in ODIs and Tests is the same(in Rahanes case he was an opener in ODIs),ObviouslyT20 is a different animal but the way he was getting out is what made me come to that assumption...Glad to be proven wrong
agree only place where he can do well in odis is opening and way rohit is playing lets give rahane chance once set he can play shots too and can be ideal partner to dhawan he is technically solid enough to survive anywhere
That's what I am trying to say' date='If he was out slogging in ODIs and T20s there could be justification that he is not made for the format or similarly if he had issues with rotatinjg the strike that could be called an issue with formats but basic technique atleast in ODIs and Tests is the same(in Rahanes case he was an opener in ODIs),ObviouslyT20 is a different animal but the way he was getting out is what made me come to that assumption...Glad to be proven wrong[/quote'] The only spot for Rahane is if he opens along with Dhawan with Rohit dropped. Other than that he shouldn't be in the odi team as he's not a natural middle order bat in odis. If Rahane opens I would like to see Pujara at 3 with Kohli at 4 followed by Kedar, Dhoni, Raina and Jaddu.
The only spot for Rahane is if he opens along with Dhawan with Rohit dropped. Other than that he shouldn't be in the odi team as he's not a natural middle order bat in odis. If Rahane opens I would like to see Pujara at 3 with Kohli at 4 followed by Kedar' date=' Dhoni, Raina and Jaddu.[/quote'] if rahane opens ..we do not need pujara
Naah. The guy averages 56 in List A cricket. he deserves a shot ahead of Rahane and given that the WC is in Aus & NZ' date=' he would be a nice addition at the top of the order.[/quote'] i do not care about average both can only open ,you just have to pick one i will pick pujara

Lol comparing a up and comer to a guy whose accomplishments would put him ahead of some of the "so called legends" IPL hattrick,Winning the IPL as both a player and a captain,WInning the CLT20 as a captain,ODI 200,Back to Back 100's on Test Debut-That means accomplsihments across 4 different benchmarks of the game.

Lol comparing a up and comer to a guy whose accomplishments would put him ahead of some of the "so called legends" IPL hattrick' date='Winning the IPL as both a player and a captain,WInning the CLT20 as a captain,ODI 200,Back to Back 100's on Test Debut-That means accomplsihments across 4 different benchmarks of the game.[/quote'] haha..you trolling about rohit now i think even you have given up
Lol comparing a up and comer to a guy whose accomplishments would put him ahead of some of the "so called legends" IPL hattrick' date='Winning the IPL as both a player and a captain,WInning the CLT20 as a captain,ODI 200,Back to Back 100's on Test Debut-That means accomplsihments across 4 different benchmarks of the game.[/quote'] You jest !