IPL 2013 - Mumbai Indians

1983-2011

I think Mumbai have hit upon a brilliant plan' date=' and I would call it a master-stroke. Get both the buddhas out of the way by 4th over, and get KKD & Pollard in early :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] 100% :agree: MI needs a good leader/captain, like Dravid who can take the responsibilities and lead from the front... They had to get Punter as captain to at least lead the team because dearth of leaders in the team...

I think Mumbai have hit upon a brilliant plan' date=' and I would call it a master-stroke. Get both the buddhas out of the way by 4th over, and get KKD & Pollard in early :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] whistle poddu my csk brother :dance: I guess Malinga for D Smith next match. I would not make any other changes.

I wasn't :--D Last game SRT+Ponting batted through the powerplay overs and Mumbai lost. Here both went early and Mumbai won, and should have won much more comfortably but for Dhoni. So you decide :smiley:
typical anti sachin post :cantstop: if you cant capitalise on 50+ opening stand in 7 overs while chasing 150+ its not the openers fault

I would actually have Malinga for Ponting and have Dwayne Smith open with Tendulkar.
that remains an ideal world scenario but ponting being captain is not going to be dropped. Realistically D smith will make way for Mali.

typical anti sachin post :cantstop: if you cant capitalise on 50+ opening stand in 7 overs while chasing 150+ its not the openers fault
Don't shoot the messenger but Mumbai were 37/0 after 6 overs. I'm sorry but if you don't lose any wkts you gotta score much more than that in powerplay overs.
that remains an ideal world scenario but ponting being captain is not going to be dropped. Realistically D smith will make way for Mali.
I recall RCB dropping Vettori and KKR dropping McCullum when they were captains. Ponting is not one of the 4 best overseas players so he shouldn't be in the team.

A lot of questions on Ponting. But it's not like your other opener is in great form. I find it really surprising that its been 6 years of IPL and yet MI have failed to get their opening combination right at all. They had players like Rahane, Dhawan who were never given proper chances and did flourish with the other teams.

Despite the win i just dont understand the tactics of mumbai. they bought Maxwell for $1 million and he is probably going to sit on the bench with Pollard doing well. What they should have bought is a proven opener to play alongside Sachin. Ponting Rohit Sharma D Kartick Sachin Pollard Rayadu Bhajji Johnson Ojha/Bumrah (depending on pitch) Malinga Munaf If Rayadu does not perform in the next match its time to look for other options like Suryakumar Yadav.

Despite the win i just dont understand the tactics of mumbai. they bought Maxwell for $1 million and he is probably going to sit on the bench with Pollard doing well. What they should have bought is a proven opener to play alongside Sachin. Ponting Rohit Sharma D Kartick Sachin Pollard Rayadu Bhajji Johnson Ojha/Bumrah (depending on pitch) Malinga Munaf If Rayadu does not perform in the next match its time to look for other options like Suryakumar Yadav.
Proven opener who can lead the team because MI primadonna doesn't want any responsibilities and wants to open too.. So you need good opening and a captain too...no wonder MI can't win IPL in near future.

Don't shoot the messenger but Mumbai were 37/0 after 6 overs. I'm sorry but if you don't lose any wkts you gotta score much more than that in powerplay overs.
ooh rly ? so it doesn matter how the openers have performed in that match cos they scored only 37 in the powerplay! lol tell me more :finger:

Here are the problems I see with your team... 1. Ponting & Tendulkar shouldn't be in the same team. 2. Rohit is not an opener and Tendulkar shouldn't bat at 4. I would change their positions. 3. I would drop Ponting for Dwayne Smith and have him open with Tendulkar.

ooh rly ? so it doesn matter how the openers have performed in that match cos they scored only 37 in the powerplay! lol tell me more :finger:
Well you are left to score 120 off 14 overs if you score only 30 odd in power-plays. If they had scored more the reqd RR would have been lower. At the end of the day they only lost 5 wkts but still lost the match and that was coz the openers were too slow.

Here are the problems I see with your team... 1. Ponting & Tendulkar shouldn't be in the same team. 2. Rohit is not an opener and Tendulkar shouldn't bat at 4. I would change their positions. 3. I would drop Ponting for Dwayne Smith and have him open with Tendulkar.
Who will captain then cuz our guy can't lead from the front. Yea ban ke pera khana Chahta hain... Doesn't wants to lead...