How many states does BJP rule in?

1983-2011

Actually it is 12 now. North India: Haryana, Punjab (with SAD) Central/West India: Rajasthan, MP, Chattisgarh, Maharashtra, Goa and Gujarat South India: Puducherry (with PC), Seemandhra (with TDP) East India: Nagaland (with NPF) Soon Jharkhand (2014) and Bihar (2015) will join the list. And hopefully Bengal (which has recently gone to the dogs) in 2016.
J and K may be in as well.:cheer: So can be Assam

people need to look beyond these number of states even when this thread was made the 4 states were Guj MP Chattisgrh and Goa Thats close to 150 million people. There is no point in saying we rule x number of states if half the state are small north east ones. The samajawadi rule one state. But they current govern more people than all the congress states combined.

This is rather a sad and moribund pic' date=' not sure how long good Congress leaders can continue to sadistically hold up Sonia and Rahul as Congress heads, when both have always been and will be nothing more than brain dead poster figures.[/quote'] Even this picture doesn't reflect the extent to which Congress party has slipped. The number of states where it is not a major political force, if we define by being in top 2 parties of the state, keep increasing. J&K, Haryana, Punjab (?), Delhi, UP, Bihar, Bengal, Orrissa, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu. Nowhere in these states it is in top two parties of the state or a major political force and all these are big states I am talking about. IMHO Congress decline has been much sharper than BJP's rise. There is absolute no accountability in the top leadership of the party and people continues to be in complete state of denial. If they don't change end is not very far.

Even this picture doesn't reflect the extent to which Congress party has slipped. The number of states where it is not a major political force, if we define by being in top 2 parties of the state, keep increasing. J&K, Haryana, Punjab (?), Delhi, UP, Bihar, Bengal, Orrissa, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu. Nowhere in these states it is in top two parties of the state or a major political force and all these are big states I am talking about. IMHO Congress decline has been much sharper than BJP's rise. There is absolute no accountability in the top leadership of the party and people continues to be in complete state of denial. If they don't change end is not very far.
And this creates a big vaccum as far as opposition is concerned. Congress has not been a good opposition party but its decline is not good sign for our democracy. After seeing regional players like Pawar, Mulayam, Mamta etc who are a big Thali ka baingan, I think this is the correct time for some parties like , Communist or AAP to fill the vaccum. Think something differently and jump or the day is not far parties like MIM will become national players.

And this creates a big vaccum as far as opposition is concerned. Congress has not been a good opposition party but its decline is not good sign for our democracy. After seeing regional players like Pawar' date=' Mulayam, Mamta etc who are a big Thali ka baingan, I think this is the correct time for some parties like , [b']Communist or AAP to fill the vaccum. Think something differently and jump or the day is not far parties like MIM will become national players.
they are in dire straits worse than the congress.

What is this MIM i keep hearing about? It sounds like a bjp/rss for muslims. BJP and MIM' date=' bhai bhai, feeding of each other's hate philosophies and growing stronger in their own communities?[/quote'] I think it is wrong comparison, not sure in which election rally has BJP talked about hate. Please enlighten.

What is this MIM i keep hearing about? It sounds like a bjp/rss for muslims. BJP and MIM' date=' bhai bhai, feeding of each other's hate philosophies and growing stronger in their own communities?[/quote'] MIM's increase is direct result of rise of hindu hardliners in Indian politics headed by BJP. The way people don't find any issues with Modi claiming himself as Hindu nationalist or wearing his Hindu identity openly, I don't think one should find anything wrong with a party which wants to highlight it's muslim identity.

^ This is not true. They have always had Hyd as their fortress. Also they have won seats in Municipal corporation elections in MH and Karnataka even in 2012 and early 2013. So its not a sudden reaction to BJP's rise, rather its a natural expansion as they will always find Muslim votes wherever they go. Also the 2 seats they won, out of that in one, their candidate got 60K votes, while BJP and SS candidates got 42 K votes each, so vote division too helped them.

And this creates a big vaccum as far as opposition is concerned. Congress has not been a good opposition party but its decline is not good sign for our democracy. After seeing regional players like Pawar' date=' Mulayam, Mamta etc who are a big Thali ka baingan, I think this is the correct time for some parties like , [b']Communist or AAP to fill the vaccum. Think something differently and jump or the day is not far parties like MIM will become national players.
We do not want hard bound communists to fill in any opposition. BJP is NOT completely a right wing neo-liberal party either. It is shades of neo-liberal policies, that's just about it.

^ This is not true. They have always had Hyd as their fortress. Also they have won seats in Municipal corporation elections in MH and Karnataka even in 2012 and early 2013. So its not a sudden reaction to BJP's rise, rather its a natural expansion as they will always find Muslim votes wherever they go. Also the 2 seats they won, out of that in one, their candidate got 60K votes, while BJP and SS candidates got 42 K votes each, so vote division too helped them.
No no let's not let facts get in the way of our own personal bias

And this creates a big vaccum as far as opposition is concerned. Congress has not been a good opposition party but its decline is not good sign for our democracy. After seeing regional players like Pawar' date=' Mulayam, Mamta etc who are a big Thali ka baingan, I think this is the correct time for some parties like , Communist or AAP to fill the vaccum. Think something differently and jump or the day is not far parties like MIM will become national players.[/quote'] Ideally you would want a party like AAP to expand. Problem is their leader has absolutely no political acumen. Take for example the Haryana elections. It's utter stupidity not to field even some candidates. Try to make an entry into the assembly and build your base. The message being sent out is so confusing. First they made entry into Delhi. Then during LS elections, they wanted to contest everywhere thinking there would be a fairy tale ending. Now they've gone back to Delhi and don't seem like getting out there anytime soon. There's no clear strategy on what they want to do