Any future changes you would like to see in IPL ?

kubrickian

For IPL: They should allow 1 sub per team at half time.. The current rule of 4 foreign players stands with sub (may be they can have sub foreign with foreign only) For Tests (I know this IPL forum) I would like it to be 90 overs per side.. make it 4 days.

What? Lucknow doesn't have an airport? I wonder what imaginary airstrips I land on when I go there. Yeah, it's not the best airport around but is connected with all major cities and is certainly much more equipped than the Gaggal airport used to get to Dharamshala.

What? Lucknow doesn't have an airport? I wonder what imaginary airstrips I land on when I go there. Yeah' date=' it's not the best airport around but is connected with all major cities and is certainly much more equipped than the Gaggal airport used to get to Dharamshala.[/quote'] now the Lko airport has got better with a new terminal which was opened a few months ago.

What? Lucknow doesn't have an airport? I wonder what imaginary airstrips I land on when I go there. Yeah' date=' it's not the best airport around but is connected with all major cities and is certainly much more equipped than the Gaggal airport used to get to Dharamshala.[/quote'] Lucknow has an airport, no ground. We were saying about Kanpur which does have a ground but no airport. So it was difficult to give them an IPL team.

What nightmare?? You telling me franchises which spend so much will not be able to charter flights??? Lucknow does have an airport if I am right .. Kanpur doesn't. Can't use Green Park ... Remember, its the state Govt. owned stadium and lies in pathetic conditions and lives on Govt. mercy for its infrastructure. Recently, a test match was shifted from there to Hyderabad for bad conditions. And why you talking about 3 months?? 12 teams, 22 matches for each team ... 3 games a day will make it easier to complete the schedule in 9 weeks at most.
Here I said it.

Lucknow has an airport' date=' no ground. [b']We were saying about Kanpur which does have a ground but no airport. So it was difficult to give them an IPL team.
Green Park has become a terrible stadium in the last 4-5 years and there's no way any person willing to buy an IPL team would have it as the home ground.

Lesser the no of teams more is the quality. Remove some teams like Punna and merge them and make one good team. Reason Ranji system is totally crap is there are 25-30 teams, batsmen getting cheap runs against crap bowling and same for bowlers. If there were 6-7 quality teams then it would have been much intense and quality of cricket would have been much closer to international standards.

Green Park has become a terrible stadium in the last 4-5 years and there's no way any person willing to buy an IPL team would have it as the home ground.
Yeah .. I even said that .... Read in the quote above your post.

Well' date=' Pune didn't have a ground either and they built it specifically for IPL.[/quote'] Yeah, it was Sahara group .... BTW if there is a new ground at Lucknow, I guess sahara will shift bases from Pune to Lucknow. But for new franchises, I still say that Ahmedabad, Kochi and Bhopal are the best options in present time.

Yeah' date=' it was Sahara group .... BTW if there is a new ground at Lucknow, [b']I guess sahara will shift bases from Pune to Lucknow. But for new franchises, I still say that Ahmedabad, Kochi and Bhopal are the best options in present time.
Why would they shift base to Lucknow? They made a bid for Pune instead of Lucknow when neither place had a stadium and built one in Pune spending millions of dollars.

Why would they shift base to Lucknow? They made a bid for Pune instead of Lucknow when neither place had a stadium and built one in Pune spending millions of dollars.
You are wrong. Sahara didn't build the stadium. The stadium was already half complete by 2010 and was struggling for money to complete it. Sahara decided to buy a team and then saw Pune as their best option because of Logistics. Flight connectivity to all other IPL venues being one. Good Hotels and Security availabilty being the next. The growing modern culture in Pune and the interests of young earning professionals in cricket which they would not have got in UP being another. Hence, they spent about 120 crores for completion of the stadium which in case of Lucknow, they would have had to do it completely by themselves and still wouldn't possibly have completed by the next IPL season. In case Lucknow ever becomes a viable venue for hosting IPL games, I am pretty sure, the Sahara group which is based out of Lucknow will be the first ones to move there, ofcourse if BCCI allows them and it would be easy at this time since they haven't really made too much of a fan base in Pune yet owing to the pathetic performances by their team.