Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

NEW DELHI: The Delhi Police is gearing up to file the first chargesheet in the spot/match-fixing scandal in IPL 6. They will name the three cricketers — S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila, Ankeet Chavan — underworld dons Dawood Ibrahim and Chota Shakeel and 26 others (bookies/fixers) in the chargesheet under stringent acts including the MCOCA. Sources say that they are doing their final verifications with BCCI about everybody's role.
Presently, three cricketers and 19 other accused are out on bail. Delhi Police sources said that their chargesheet would have elaborate evidence against the cricketers and the underworld including tapped conversations, videos of players throwing away runs in their respective overs, details of meetings with bookies/fixers and CCTV footage of different hotels apart from CFSL reports. Besides voice samples, Delhi Police sources say, they have the confessions of three cricketers and many bookies in IPL spot-fixing, which involved money ranging from Rs 20 to Rs 60 lakh for giving away 14 runs or more in an over. The cops say they also have enough circumstantial evidence against the three cricketers including phone locations, photographs clicked by Special Cell teams while tracking them in Mumbai, Chandigarh, Jaipur and other places.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/fixing-hits-ipl/news/D-company-3-cricketers-to-figure-in-IPL-6-fixing-chargesheet/articleshow/21075513.cms In good company :giggle:
ankeet and chandila audio tapes played in court today. I don't think they have any proper evidence against sreeshant
I will be really Glad if sree is innocent and he manages to comeback... though i think even if he is found innocent he will not be able to comeback to india team..its tuf to recover.

BCCI probe clears Raj Kundra, Gurunath Meiyappan of involvement in IPL scandal http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/211513-bcci-probe-clears-raj-kundra-gurunath-meiyappan-of-involvement-in-ipl-scandal

The Board of Control for Cricket in India has cleared Indian Premier League franchise Rajasthan Royals and co-owner Raj Kundra of betting charges. The board has also found no evindence against India Cements, the company that owns the Chennai Super Kings, in effect clearing N Srinivasan's son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan. The probe report will be forwarded to the IPL governing council, which will meet in Delhi on August 2 for a final decision. The report will be studied by Arun Jaitley and he will brief the IPL Governing council and the Working Committee on the 2nd of August in New Delhi. "No evidence has been found against Raj Kundra, Rajasthan Royals and India Cements," said BCCI vice-president Niranjan Shah to Press Trust of India. The BCCI had decided to suspend Rajasthan Royals' co-owner Raj Kundra till an inquiry into allegations of betting against him was completed. Mr Kundra had been quizzed for several hours by the Delhi police along with his friend Umesh Goenka on allegations of gambling in IPL matches. Reacting to the news that her husband and fellow owner of the Rajasthan franchise Raj Kundra was cleared of all all charges, Shilpa Shetty tweeted, 'there is a God:) love u..and TRUTH PREVAILS. Thanku tweetos for all the unconditional support love and prayers.' Meiyappan, on the other hand, was arrested in late May by the Mumbai Police for his alleged involvement in betting during the Indian Premier League (IPL). Meiyappan was arrsted after actor Vindoo Dara Singh, who was also arrested told the Mumbai Police that he bet on games on Mr Meiyappan's behalf. Vindoo has also reportedly said that Mr Meiyappan lost Rs. 1 crore in betting.

IPL spot-fixing chargesheet to describe Dawood Ibrahim as head of fixing and betting: sources Two months after the Delhi Police arrested three cricketers for spot-fixing in the sixth season of the Indian Premier League (IPL), the special cell of the Delhi Police will file its chargesheet in court tomorrow, Tuesday. http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/ipl-spot-fixing-chargesheet-to-describe-dawood-ibrahim-as-head-of-fixing-and-betting-sources-398583?pfrom=home-otherstories

Chandila 'shocked' by spot-fixing charges http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/659329.html

"I have no clue about the spot-fixing controversy. I have never been approached by anybody," Chandila told Zee News. "People have seen my performance in last two seasons of the IPL. I am clean and I trust the judiciary." "My family and I are in a state of shock that such charges are being levelled against me. I am a cricketer not a terrorist. "My family has suffered a lot, and my brother was hospitalised the day I was arrested. But I have the support of my family. And soon, people will know the truth. I am innocent. I will make a comeback soon."

Too much focus on CSK/Meiyappan. Meanwhile, this is what the Mugdal report said about these players,

The Committee is of the view that the disciplinary action by BCCI in respect of allegations of spot fixing against the Mr. S. Sreesanth, Mr. Ankeet Chavan, Mr. Ajit Chandila, Mr. Amit Singh on the basis of evidence provided by Delhi Police and enquiry conducted by Mr. Savani (ACU-BCCI) is adequate and satisfactory.