How did YOU celebrate this victory?

Gambit

i burnt 10000 ladi of mirchi bomb..at 11:30 PM..saala burnt for at least 15 minutes...and played chak de india...at full volume.... i just hoped no one call 100.... and no one did..:D watched follow through for the next 1 hour...and then scanned news channels for next 3 hours... and in the morning as well....between 7 and 8:30 AM.. read 3 newspapers......

i started kicking and punching the seat where i was sitting.. hit my friend in joy. who was watching along with me. kept repeating "we are the fackin world champz,. India jiit gaye" then called family members, couzons and friend in India, who were all watching this bloody game.. o u bloody awesome country, INDIA also called my paki mates and told them " sir, score kya hua hai?"

I'll be honest. I wimped out with 14 balls left, and missed the end. Then when I found out we'd won (due to a phonecall just seconds after Sreesanth's catch) I went numb... You may think that's weird, but I dreamed of this moment for so long, I was only 2 years old in 1983, so this was the day that I'd been waiting for, and when it came, with the extra bonus of Pakistan being the losing finalists, I just didn't know what to do. After those 30-60 seconds of silence, I went and hung the flag out of the top front room window, and then logged on here to enjoy it with you guys, while my phone went crazy and I heard explosions of fireworks/car horns in the distance. If it hadn't been a week day, I'd have gone out and got p!$$ed too...

I'll be honest. I wimped out with 14 balls left, and missed the end. Then when I found out we'd won (due to a phonecall just seconds after Sreesanth's catch) I went numb... You may think that's weird, but I dreamed of this moment for so long, I was only 2 years old in 1983, so this was the day that I'd been waiting for, and when it came, with the extra bonus of Pakistan being the losing finalists, I just didn't know what to do. After those 30-60 seconds of silence, I went and hung the flag out of the top front room window, and then logged on here to enjoy it with you guys, while my phone went crazy and I heard explosions of fireworks/car horns in the distance. If it hadn't been a week day, I'd have gone out and got p!$ too...
:isalute:

i was in the shop with my cousin we was watching and we was on tenterhooks! we thought we was gona win,but when bhaji got hit for the third six i screamed and swore in punjabi and english,when it was the last over we had about 7-8 goras in the shop waiting for fish n chips i made them all wait ... they didnt mind and when he bowled a wide and then hit a six i kicked my mates ice cream freezer thats hes left in my shop and made a massive dent in it(i wear steel toecaps) when he hit the ball in the air i though **** its six then when sre caught it i screamed yes yes yes all the gora were so happy as well me and my cousin hugged and screamed, i gave my wife 150 pounds bonus today as india won!! shes very happy!!:dance: i had so many phone calls esp from india,my fatherinlaw was drinking whiskys and singing and dancing and the fireworks were deafening! we want more scenes like this eh paajis?? :two_thumbs_up:

i was in the shop with my cousin we was watching and we was on tenterhooks! we thought we was gona win,but when bhaji got hit for the third six i screamed and swore in punjabi and english,when it was the last over we had about 7-8 goras in the shop waiting for fish n chips i made them all wait ... they didnt mind and when he bowled a wide and then hit a six i kicked my mates ice cream freezer thats hes left in my shop and made a massive dent in it(i wear steel toecaps) when he hit the ball in the air i though **** its six then when sre caught it i screamed yes yes yes all the gora were so happy as well me and my cousin hugged and screamed, i gave my wife 150 pounds bonus today as india won!! shes very happy!!:dance: i had so many phone calls esp from india,my fatherinlaw was drinking whiskys and singing and dancing and the fireworks were deafening! we want more scenes like this eh paajis?? :two_thumbs_up:
:two_thumbs_up:
:hysterical::haha:
Wow ! somebody come up with a proximity warning for you , everytime India plays a match. Calm your emotions mate ! Tis just a game...

Watched the match - felt real happy. When Sreesanth took the catch, raised both arms in the air, shouted YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Then fell to the ground from the chair, face to the ground - didnt kiss the floor, because carpet was not vacuumed recently :-) - no tears, but nearly there. Then after 10 seconds lifted my face from the floor, and enjoyed the screenshots of cricketers and crowd in SA celebrating. Logged onto ICF, read, posted etc. Then rest of the day, I was finding it hard to work, but did what I could.

Sriram, Tis war - the real one with guns n stuff! if you believe some folks here :D
That is what the media-guys want us to believe. That is their job , they get paid for doing that. I would have been as happy as i am now , had India lost too. My team played well , gave the tournament some of its best moments. End result is irrelevant for me , its how we play that matters.
That is what the media-guys want us to believe. That is their job ' date= they get paid for doing that. I would have been as happy as i am now , had India lost too. My team played well , gave the tournament some of its best moments. End result is irrelevant for me , its how we play that matters.
Going by some posts here, the job is done well. Some posters have started to believe :-) I agree with you on the "its how we play that matters".
That is what the media-guys want us to believe. That is their job , they get paid for doing that. I would have been as happy as i am now , had India lost too. My team played well , gave the tournament some of its best moments. End result is irrelevant for me , its how we play that matters.
really? :haha:

Wish i was as excitable as some of the guys here. I am not the jumpy, fist-pumping type. My emotions rarely go beyond a threshold, whether in victory or defeat. The bad part was , i was busy attending classes almost all through the final, albeit with the laptop open and busy following what was happening. I had started celebrations when pak were 104/7 , nearly had an heart attack when Misbah hit Joginder for that six and was ecstatic when we won. Had lots of phone calls from fellow cricket maniacs , special lunch and most importantly , i was smiling like crazy through the day.