Given a choice..

Gambit

other than India/country of your birth/citizenship, which country would you like to be reborn in? Given the number of times I've been mistaken for an Italian, thanks to my mane ala some Italian footballers and drop dead looks, I'd want to be born as an Italians. Love the food, the history and the women. :scooter:

Guest dada_rocks

Pakistan and then eat it from inside like deemak :hysterical:.. On serious note no preference as long as it's not a shariah state I wud be fine

What's wrong about being thought of as an Indian?
I have actually given it a thought. The problem, if thats the right word, with being Indian is that we perhaps do not have a defining image by ourselves. Yes we are one of the oldest civilization in the world, yes we are one of the largest and most vibrant country in the world but that image,specially in the West, is missing. Now I can see a few members going up in arms with a "Why does image in Western eyes matter anyway". Well if it doesnt then we shouldnt even be discussing this right now, so maybe on some level it does. Look at it this way. Brazillion have an image of being fun loving people, generally good physique and nice beaches, and of course great soccer country. Now Brazil is hardly one of the countries that impacts the world really but the image is there. Australia has an image of sun, beaches again and a country with prowess in every sports pretty much. Too often you shall hear Americans/English talk of how they would want to settle in Australia. French have image of good food(though I disagree), clean streets and raunchy sex life. India and China are two major countries that I have seen without any image really. I dont have an answer to what we can do but clearly we should. xxx

Guest dada_rocks

India has image of land of spiritual Nirvana. U won't believe but people like Roger Penrose end their talk with remarks of course amidst laughter that if nothing works then head towards India for some super-natural solution.

India has image of land of spiritual Nirvana. U won't believe but people like Roger Penrose end their talk with remarks of course amidst laughter that if nothing works then head towards India for some super-natural solution.
True but that works only for people knowledgable enough to realize the mystic of Indian culture. You don't exactly have to be extra-knowledgable to appreciate the image of an Brazil or an Australia, isnt it. I think Indians certainly have a role to play in the image we create in the West. Again I don't mean this in offensive way or trying to get in the good books. No. But clearly it needs to be done. A great thing about Indians image in West is that we are good, decent, hard-working people who do not cause much trouble(can't say about GKD here). But what is also true is just the bad image we create at times without realizing it. Just doing the basics - living a healthy life, using deodarant, wearing half-decent clothes to work, going out with colleagues for lunch etc shall do the trick really. I am sure it is like that for a lot of people here, it is however also true that for a lot of people it is not true. xxx

Guest dada_rocks

Fineleg GKD cool banda hai he never minds anything. Waise Lurker and GKD are two sides of the same coin called Tharak.. See even his siganture is xxx :giggle:

Actually, any Scandinavian or Nordic country would do for me. I did a little tour there several years ago and i kept wondering to myself; "where the f*ck do they keep the ugly people ?". Everyone looks like a model. Hottest women on earth too; blondes with big t*ts and nice @sses. Great food - nothing beats Swedish salmon or Swedish meat-balls. Nice cool weather for most of the year; it never gets insanely hot. What more can you ask for ? I am gonna end up there some day.