What is the point of marriage ? Why does it exist ?

varun

Agree with [1]. on [2], more than society, it is the peer pressure. If most of your friends settle down, you will feel the need for a companion, as all your friends are busy with their wives. Man's gotta to have some support system. Else we will end up psychos or serial killers. If your friends are your support system, then you will feel the pinch, when they are not available. Unless you find a circle of friends that don't believe in marriages and they will be there for you all thru your life.
Or you could just go out and make some more new friends. Is that so effing hard to do ? :cantstop:

It's hard to meet new friends that match your wavelength. Try living beyond 30 to know how effing hard it is to make new friends.
Its all about attitude dude. Make friends with likeminded people, not on some arbitary basis on age or class or education. There are a few 30 year olds i know who are single, have friends ranging from the age of 20 to 70 and don't have any social problems. Plus the culture where i live isn't anti-social like India, where once you get married, you bid farewell to your friends and dance to the tune of sasuraal. All it means here is instead of hanging out three times a week with your friends, you do it twice and every now and again your missus comes out to hang out with your buddies as well. making friends is never hard- at any age or any walk in life, if you know how to approach people and treat them as equals. I have a friend who is 2 yrs older than my dad- we worked together and then we kept in touch after we changed jobs. He doesn't treat me as a 'son' and i don't treat him as a 'father', despite the age difference. he is my friend, no different than my same-aged friends or younger ones. However, i find Indians are quite age-concious about friendships and social interctions, which is very silly really.

In India, it's a certificate to get society's implicit permission to live together and have kids. And of course, there is the family angle. Extended family and aunties and uncles think that if you aren't married by the time you are 30+, there is something wrong with you. varun, would have agree to an arranged marriage if it came to that, bina test drive that is ;) ?

In India, it's a certificate to get society's implicit permission to live together and have kids. And of course, there is the family angle. Extended family and aunties and uncles think that if you aren't married by the time you are 30+, there is something wrong with you. varun, would have agree to an arranged marriage if it came to that, bina test drive that is ;) ?
:cantstop: Physical compatibility is very important for me.. so Nope :P

Nice tits' date=' decent height, good curves, pretty face - shouldn't take more than 2 mins to figure that out. [/quote'] So essentially it all boils down to t*ts..:hysterical: All juniors please take notes from Yoda's sermon here :mama:

Err...i think varun is saying that he needs to test drive before signing on the dotted line
well, if you want to drive a new car from india, you probably have to bring it home before you can drive it. used cars (from india or amreeka) of course are a different story.