Indian Agression a Facade ?

goose

Some of you see exactly what's going on - Sree has become a laughing stock and the Aussies are just milking him for runs: 19 overs so far for 6.4 r.p.o. with his wickets making little impression - and others are simply falling for the 3 card trick. It's an age old tactic to stir up the opposition and then, as they attempt retaliation, quickly get back to playing good tennis, football, cricket etc., while your opponents lose the plot. This is what some Indian players (and a lot of fans) are getting sucked into. They would do well to remember the old saying, "Sticks & stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me." Cricket is a non contact sport so the threat of physical violence is not there. If someone calling you a name can put you off your game, you really aren't mentally equipped to play at a professional level. I used to LOVE it when opposition bowlers or fieldsmen sledged me. I used it to MY advantage. It helped focus me. I reasoned as long as they were thinking of smartarse things to say, they weren't fully concentrating on their game. Bhajji (for instance) is way too intense to play at his best. RD is similar but in a passive way. Sree has great talent but it's just going to waste at the moment. If Harbhajan carries the same mindset out on to the field in his next match against the Aussies, he's already set to underperform. He should walk out to bat and say, with a big smile, "Good morning fellas. Who's going to be the first to misfield one of my blistering drives?" :regular_smile: At that point, he completely switches off all thoughts other than to concentrate on batting for his team, while (just maybe) the Aussies ponder about what he said. If he comes out angry, from the last match, he'll just be laughed at. As a captain, I didn't condone sledging from my players but if it was humourous and not too personal, I didn't really mind. Generally, I liked my team winning by playing good cricket. This is what the Indian players need to be reminded of. They have great talent but, mentally, they are still playing catch up with the Aussies. A good coach would be on to that.

If someone triggers you to concentrate more on your performance that is true aggression, if that someone triggers you into thinking of ways of making the other person react then the other person's goal of making you lose focus has been achieved. Action and not reaction is the key to better performances, not only in sports but perhaps in all aspects of life.

Dont think so. Sreesanth is naturally very agressive. He has been staring down at ppl for a long time. India's agression is just a new way of thinking .Why can't the juniors give a bit back to the aussies? I dont see anything wrong and i hope it doesnt wane out as the series progress. Sreesanth has now earned a reputation for himself. And i feel this reputation is goign to keep him among the wickets. The shot hayden played when he got out to him in the 1st odi was just pure slog. it was played on a frenzy to prove a point to the bloke who 'Yaps a lot but cant deliver." As long as sree keeps taking wickets (3 a match), he can talk all he want. The one thing that sreesanth should learn is to identify ppl to sledge. I think he will learn it soon.
Where did you get that? His natural side is a chasmish who speaks softly and wouldn't have the balls to pick a fight on the street This is all on-field antics which have gone bit too far I mean, the way he looks at the batsmen..LOL, its like " I am being aggressive, please play along " Everything is good in a limit, Sree is gone too far and looks stupid
Where did you get that? His natural side is a chasmish who speaks softly and wouldn't have the balls to pick a fight on the street This is all on-field antics which have gone bit too far I mean, the way he looks at the batsmen..LOL, its like " I am being aggressive, please play along " Everything is good in a limit, Sree is gone too far and looks stupid
Sreesanth is a clown :party: Period. He bowls well at times. He needs to focus on that and do that more often, rather than behaving like a buffoon.

'I am a child’ – Sreesanth Alex Brown, writing in the Sydney Morning Herald, looks at the contradictions of India’s S Sreesanth.

Eccentric, forthright and always unpredictable, a conversation with India's newest fast bowling star is every bit as interesting as a match in which he is playing. Incite on the field. Insight off it.
313287.jpg
S Sreesanth hopes he learns fast

"I am a child," Sreesanth said, responding to Andrew Symonds's recent criticisms. "They are all legends. It is a dream come true to play against Ricky Ponting or Matthew Hayden. I am a child of the game, I am still learning. I am sure most of them went through things when they were inexperienced like me. Hopefully I learn faster."
Steve Waugh hopes Sreesanth doesn't go over the top - read his thoughts in the Courier-Mail - while the Age's Chloe Saltau says the bowler's antics in the second ODI gave Australia the moral high ground.
While i don't agree entirely with this he has a point. Zaheer growling furiously after a wicket - that's aggression. Yuvraj punching the air - that's aggression. The opponent must be left in no doubt that you are truly miffed. If someone like Tendulkar or Dravid got upset / angry i suspect that would rattle the opponent far more than the repeated antics of Sreesanth. Sreesanth has nuisance value - that's it. The best example of aggression I have ever seen, and it's no exaggeration to say it won the match, is by the otherwise cool Chris Gayle after his altercation with Michael Clarke. One needs to exude an air of slightly deranged menace. This is best done by those that are normally quiet and/or those with a physical presence. Sreesanth is just a nerd. Discuss !
Bilkul sahi boley goosey!:two_thumbs_up: