The US OPEN 2013/US OPEN SERIES

Cricketics

fed 7th!! feck..though he deserves this,played like a player outside top 10 this year barring aus open but he can gain some points from here. women`s final was an enthralling battle,vika just edged williams in the final set tie breaker

fed 7th!! feck..though he deserves this,played like a player outside top 10 this year barring aus open but he can gain some points from here. women`s final was an enthralling battle,vika just edged williams in the final set tie breaker
Makes it interesting doesn't it? If Federer can show what he did in the first set against Nadal. then it opens up the draw. Federer might face one of the top 3 ranked players in pre quaters. So if he manages to win, it will totally mess up the draw for good and will turn out to be a fantastic US OPEN finish. I think it's interesting time for tennis since world no. 3 Murray also had had some poor results post wimbledon. DEL POTRO is clicking at the right time with Isner. This is where Ferrer has to join the party.

I was there for the semi final session. Watched Isner vs Del Po and Rafa vs Berdych. Great tennis, especially the second one. Nadal seems to be in incredible form. His forehand is outrageous. I also watched their practice sessions. There is absolutely no comparison between Nadal's practice session and that of other players. Nadal is in a whole new league when it comes to intensity in practice. He hits his forehands with much more venom in practice and targets each area of his game separately. He also practiced with full intensity for about 50 minutes just a couple of hours before his match, whereas other players did about 30 minutes light practice. His practice session must be more tiring than the actual match itself. No wonder the guy seems to have unlimited energy. He is a beast. ls7p.jpgc6eo.jpg

Maria Sharapova to change her last name to Sugarpova for brand promotion Russian tennis player Maria Sharapova has planned to change her last name into Sugarpova temporarily to promote her candy brand. Sharapova has applied to the Supreme Court of Florida, in the United State, for the two-week name change during the upcoming US Open tournament as a way to draw more attention to her sweets line. Besides necessary legal procedures, the top athlete should also get approval of the US Open organisers to make her new name displayed during the tournament, reports Xinhua. The Sugarpova company was founded by the former World No 1 player in 2012 with some $500,000. There are various flavours of the sweets including labels such as "flirty" and "smitten". Its has a pair of pink lips as the symbol. The 26-year-old Russian led the Forbes list of highest-paid female athletes this year, earning $29 million between June 2012 and June 2013. Sharapova is on top for the ninth straight year. She has received that money from tournaments prizes and sponsors endorsement deals. http://www.hindustantimes.com/sports-news/Tennis/Maria-Sharapova-to-change-her-last-name-to-Sugarpova-for-brand-promotion/Article1-1110470.aspx :facepalm:

The draw has been done for the US Open: [1]Djokovic v Berankis Becker v Rosol Kubot v Nieminen Sousa v [25]Dimitrov [24]Paire v Bogomolov Jr. Smyczek v Duckworth Zopp v Granollers Ram v [16]Fognini --------------------- [12]Haas v Mathieu Lu v Gimeno-Traver Goffin v Dolgopolov Mahut v [ [ v Donskoy Sijsling v Qualifier Hewitt v Baker Garcia-Lopez v [6]Del Potro ============= [3]Murray v Llodra Hanescu v L.Mayer Qualifier v Klizan F.Mayer v [ [ v Malisse Lacko v Qualifier Kamke v Johnson Istomin v [15]Almagro --------------------- [9]Wawrinka v Stepanek Blake v Qualifier Baghdatis v Qualifier Brands v [ [ v Przysiezny Stakhovsky v Chardy Vesely v Kudla Lorenzi v [5]Berdych ============= [8]Gasquet v Russell Qualifier v Qualifier Struff v Rufin Bedene v [32]Tursunov [23]Lopez v Qualifier De Schepper v Klahn Andujar v De Bakker Qualifier v [10]Raonic --------------------- [14]Janowicz v Qualifier Sock v Qualifier Kuznetsov v Sela Cuevas v [18]Tipsarevic [30]Gulbis v Haider-Maurer Qualifier v Qualifier Bautista-Agut v Bellucci Qualifier v [4]Ferrer ============= [7]Federer v Zemlja Giraldo v Berlocq Zeballos v Mannarino Pella v [26]Querrey [19]Robredo v Matosevic Haase v Qualifier Ramos v Tomic Qualifier v [11]Nishikori --------------------- [13]Isner v Volandri Ungur v Monfils Montanes v Roger-Vasselin Altamirano v [22]Kohlschreiber [27]Verdasco v Dodig Williams v Davydenko Qualifier v Pospisil Harrison v [2]Nadal

The draw is so heavy on the top side. I mean just compare the potential QFs and you see the gulf in ability. Djokovic/Berdych/Murray/Del Potro compared to Gasquet/Fed/Nadal/Ferrer. Nadal once again getting the easiest draw of the top guys. Murray and Djokovic are by no means going to make it to the SFs, they both look rusty compared to recent events. Djokovic's section looks very tough. Dimitrov in the 3rd round, Fognini in the 4th and then the probably Del Po. I mean I'm sick of this bag of **** player Ferrer ruining the draws. Many people talking about the Fed-Nadal match already, I can tell you now, that will be the most one sided QF in years, Nadal should be favourite with the bookies. But I've got a feeling as often happens in tennis, the guys with the toughest routes to the final are usually well prepped. Ferrer is a useless vulture and he's making these draws so lopsided. Looking forward to the Del Potro vs Hewitt match. Isner vs Monfils in round 2 should be fun as well.

T Nadal once again getting the easiest draw of the top guys.
Give it a rest dude, you are starting to sound like a real crybaby. How is Nadal's draw easier than Federer's unless you don't consider Federer to be a top guy? :giggle: Nadal and Djokovic have the tougher early rounds(before QF). Djokovic has to play Dimitrov and Nadal has -- R1- Harrison R2- Pospisil(semi finalist of Montreal 1000) R3- Verdasco/Davydano( Both tough guys especially Davy who is about the only guy with a positive H2H against Nadal) R4- Isner(In red hot form now and has the potential to take every set to a TB). Federer has only one potential tough opponent till the final. Nadal. other than that if he plays anywhere close to his usual slam level he should cruise through.

Give it a rest dude' date=' you are starting to sound like a real crybaby. How is Nadal's draw easier than Federer's unless you don't consider Federer to be a top guy? [/quote'] I haven't considered Fed a top player for over a year now, in fact even last year's Wimbledon came as a shock to me. So of the 3 likely winners and 1 dark horse (Del Po), Nadal definitely has the easiest draw. I also don't take much notice of Masters performances, because winning a 3 set match is not the same as winning a 5 set match. Anyone who thinks Fed has a chance of even getting to the SF let alone the F, clearly doesn't watch tennis regularly. Oh btw, there's nothing wrong with having an easy draw. I didn't complain, I didn't make an excuse, it's a statement. Nadal has it easy. Djokovic has it tough, Del Po has it very tough too. Murray in the middle, but he could slip up vs Berdych.

Just in. Somdev wins all three rounds of Qualifiers and storms into Main Draw of US Open. Well done Somdev. One should be provide of this guy. He has definitely improved. He has had major setbacks with injuries. Especially his last injury which kept him out for long time and his ranking reached 500 something says he didn't play for a while. He has worked hard to get back where he is. He is definitely playing top tennis right now.

Just in. Somdev wins all three rounds of Qualifiers and storms into Main Draw of US Open. Well done Somdev. One should be provide of this guy. He has definitely improved. He has had major setbacks with injuries. Especially his last injury which kept him out for long time and his ranking reached 500 something says he didn't play for a while. He has worked hard to get back where he is. He is definitely playing top tennis right now.
Yes. He is doing pretty well at the moment. Three straight wins to reach main draw is good. Just noticed he had deep run at Washington hard court as well where he went out in 3rd round to John isner. But before that he had won 4 straight matches with last win coming against 20 something ranked Dolgopolov. All the best for US open.

I haven't considered Fed a top player for over a year now, in fact even last year's Wimbledon came as a shock to me. So of the 3 likely winners and 1 dark horse (Del Po), Nadal definitely has the easiest draw. I also don't take much notice of Masters performances, because winning a 3 set match is not the same as winning a 5 set match. Anyone who thinks Fed has a chance of even getting to the SF let alone the F, clearly doesn't watch tennis regularly. Oh btw, there's nothing wrong with having an easy draw. I didn't complain, I didn't make an excuse, it's a statement. Nadal has it easy. Djokovic has it tough, Del Po has it very tough too. Murray in the middle, but he could slip up vs Berdych.
If Federer plays the way he played in Cincinnati against Nadal he will beat most guys except the top 3. Only a fool would count a champion like him out. Remember Pete in 2002? No one gave him a chance, he was ranked 17 at that time. Yet he found his game beat the crap out of everybody. Federer has a very favorable draw here. He has only one top guy to deal with till the final, so you never know. If he goes deep, he may suddenly find his game and confidence like he did at last year's Wimbledon. Don't count him out. IMO he is still the 4th favorite behind the top 3. I would have placed Del Potro ahead but as you said he has a very tough draw. Coming back to your hatred for Nadal( and please don't deny it, we have already seen it) I find it very immature and childish to be honest. Seriously if you are older than 18 you seriously need to grow up.

And Somdev has been drawn with Lukas Lacko. Not a bad round 1. Hopefully he can beat him go ahead. One game at a time. Let's go Somdev.
Yeah great performance in the qualifying rounds. Wish him all the best. Hope he wins at least a couple of rounds. This is a guy who beat John Isner to win NCAA. He definitely has some talent in him. Hope you post some pics here.

Yeah great performance in the qualifying rounds. Wish him all the best. Hope he wins at least a couple of rounds. This is a guy who beat John Isner to win NCAA. He definitely has some talent in him. Hope you post some pics here.
He also has one of the rare achievements. He won the NCAA title back to back. Not many have done it in American college tennis history. But now, I hope Somdev can do some damage at ATP. Hopefully he is back. He is definitely playing his best tennis now.