The English Premier League 2013/14 - Manchester City are the new Champs

adi B

soldado could prove to be a terrible waste of money lamela doing nothing as well 2 club record signings done zilch. I know know be patient.....but 2 record signings!!!!! Baldini not looking such a great sporting director now!
Lol a lot of players need time to adapt. Lamela is an excellent prospect. I have seen less of Soldado, i think he is a good forward and will definitely improve but given his age, i think Spurs paid over the odds for him.

^yeah give them time. I actually thought Soldado would prove better than Negredo but guess I was wrong. Lamela has not played much, I think Im right in saying his brother was kidnapped recently but returned for a ransom. He is supposedly very good though.

^yeah give them time. I actually thought Soldado would prove better than Negredo but guess I was wrong. Lamela has not played much' date=' I think Im right in saying his brother was kidnapped recently but returned for a ransom. He is supposedly very good though.[/quote'] I have seen a lot of Lamela. He was hit and miss in his 1st season at Roma but was quality last season. He has only had 1 good season in European Football but has all the attributes to be quality. He is quick, can dribble works hard, is strong for someone who looks quite skinny and has a decent shot. I have been surprised by how good Eriksen has looked.

Soldado lacks the physicality to be an imposing forward in the Premier League.....he's a good technical forward with decent finishing skills but the rest of his skill set is a bit average......the likes of Hernandez and Aguero at least have serious pace and trickery to compensate for their lack of physicality......Negredo, on the other hand, looks like he is well suited to the league......some of his goals this season have been brilliant........

Soldado lacks the physicality to be an imposing forward in the Premier League.....he's a good technical forward with decent finishing skills but the rest of his skill set is a bit average......the likes of Hernandez and Aguero at least have serious pace and trickery to compensate for their lack of physicality......Negredo' date=' on the other hand, looks like he is well suited to the league......some of his goals this season have been brilliant........[/quote'] Yeah Negredo is bit of a beast - I think that is his spanish nick name too- and has got a nice touch and finish to go with it. HIs goal vs Bayern was class. Soldado does seem a bit lightweight though Im sure technically as you say he is good with his finishing and movement. I hope its just a matter of time. Ideally I would have like both to stay in La Liga.

I have seen a lot of Lamela. He was hit and miss in his 1st season at Roma but was quality last season. He has only had 1 good season in European Football but has all the attributes to be quality. He is quick, can dribble works hard, is strong for someone who looks quite skinny and has a decent shot. I have been surprised by how good Eriksen has looked.
Indeed! I thought Eriksen might prove a bit lightweight. Happy to see him doing well

This is an interesting article about Spurs tactics, specifically playing 'inside out wingers' as opposed out and out wingers http://www.theguardian.com/football/who-scored-blog/2013/oct/08/premier-league-review-player-team-tactics The transformation of Tottenham Hotspur from a mid-table team into potential title-challengers is ongoing, but the step required to make Andr̩ Villas-Boas' side into one good enough to win the Premier League continues to evade them. The north London team have a frustrating and unerring inconsistency that reappeared at White Hart Lane again on Sunday. After the 3-0 defeat to West Ham, Tottenham have now lost a league game they would have expected to win, a few days after playing in midweek, in each of the last four seasons. Few would have predicted such a result, but equally few would have foreseen the two 1-0 home defeats to Wigan and another one to Fulham in recent years. Before this weekend, West Ham had scored just 11 goals in 22 away Premier League matches since promotion to the top flight last year. They had only scored more than once on one occasion in that time Рa 2-1 win at relegated QPR last season. Spurs' defensive lapses let strikerless West Ham score goals that could and possibly should have been prevented, but Spurs are suffering their biggest problems in attack. Goal-shy striker Roberto Soldado was replaced up front by in-form Jermain Defoe, who did little to prove he is worthy of the Spaniard's place. Defoe's goalscoring against lesser opposition in the Europa League won him the spot in the team, but against Sam Allardyce's compact visitors this weekend, he managed 22 touches of the ball and just 13 completed passes. His peripheral performance highlighted both Tottenham's failings in the build-up and his unintelligent and rather thoughtless movement. Wide midfielders playing on opposite flanks Рleft-footed Andros Townsend on the right and right-footed Gylfi Sigurdsson on the left Рhave been a feature of this Tottenham team. That tactic narrows the midfield and congests attacking areas, which suits sides such as West Ham, who can stifle Spurs by leaving no space in behind. Time and again, one of the wingers would get the ball in an inside-forward position and either cut inside to shoot or cut back on to their stronger foot after an unconvincing attempt to go down the line. It speaks volumes that both Townsend and Sigurdsson have had over three times as many shots per Premier League game this season (4.3 and 2.3, respectively) as they have completed crosses (both 0.7); and neither has made a single assist. This lack of service has not helped Soldado settle. Nearly a third of his 24 goals at Valencia last season were scored from crosses, with all seven coming from right-footed players crossing from the right or left-footed players crossing from the left. When Tottenham's players cut back before putting a ball into the box it creates a delay that is more difficult to anticipate for centre-forwards. Soldado's dearth of goals is no coincidence. So far this season, Tottenham's Plan A has been just about sufficient, but a Plan B is needed if they are going to overcome their recent failings and finally make that mooted title challenge a reality

Walcott offers something different with his pace dosent he. Ozil and Cazorla are better creative players than Wilshere so in that role behind the striker I would say Walcott/Ozil/Santi should be first choice. Its great for Gunners that Wilsh can play there or CM alongside Flamini