State elections 2013 thread: Delhi, MP, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Mizoram

The Outsider

New Delhi: There was drama outside Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit's official residence early this morning, when a group of Congress workers began performing 'havan' (sacrificial fire) to pray for the victory of Congress. But as trends started pouring in, and when the activists came to know that even Sheila Dikshit was trailing her own constituency, they left the 'havan' midway and disappeared. There was not a single Congress worker left outside her residence, with the imposing gates closed from inside.

In my families back home' date=' votes were split 3 ways with Dad voting Congress ( as usual and he has been pissed off since 9 AM :cantstop: ), Mum voting BJP and Sister voting AAP.[/quote'] Is he a govt employee? :hmmm: I know many govt employees in my family who still vote for congress, even though we are from Gujarat :cantstop:

Their condescending tone is *****h - still along the lines that it's a democracy and anyone can form a party. This after getting their asses handed to them on a platter as they speak by the same party.
I think they as well as Kangress are in shock. :cantstop: I really really want AAP to be the single largest party now .. all they need is a 2 seat change with BJP

Arre yaar, aap jaise log AAP ko 5 seat bhi nahin de rahe the. Let's see how things pan out - I personally know many people who voted BJP because they thought AAP vote will be a waste. Given this performance, I would back them to go from 30 to 40 in elections six months later. Both scumbag parties have been shown their place with minimal money and daaru - the most satisfying verdict of the night for me.
If there are re-elections then BJP will be the biggest gainer and in all probability Cong will also change their CM candidate this time so they may also not perform as badly. This time AAP had momentum but if State elections happen alongside Lok Sabha then it will be the National Parties, especially BJP which would benefit. Cong definitely has been shown its place in Delhi. Seeing that it was AAP that managed to project itself as an alternative to the corrupt Congress and gained a lot of the anti Cong votes, I'd say the BJP has done remarkably well in Delhi.

Is he a govt employee? :hmmm: I know many govt employees in my family who still vote for congress, even though we are from Gujarat :cantstop:
No, I think a lot people of his generation tested with Janta Party and when it didnt work out, they have since been very favorable towards congress as they believe that congress at least provides stability.

In my families back home' date=' votes were split 3 ways with Dad voting Congress ( as usual and he has been pissed off since 9 AM :cantstop: ), Mum voting BJP and Sister voting AAP.[/quote'] Interesting .. most of my family was hardcore Congressi, the kind that wept on Indira's funeral and have switched to Modi bandwagon in the last 2 elections.