Life after marriage.

Number

Without wanting to sound judgmental, an engagement is (in most cases) a once in a lifetime event. Most girls would want to dress their best and would appreciate the guy also taking some trouble. I don't think its 'cool' at all to have a 'oh look at me I couldn't care two hoots about my dressing at my own engagement' look. In many ways its disrespectful to the girl. Ideally the two of them should talk to each other about what they are supposed to wear. Nikki bawa me is seriously disappoint. :(( I get terribly :mad: if me and my husband have to go for an engagement/marriage ceremony/reception/walima of freinds/ relatives and I'm well dressed and he just decides to wear a jeans, a shirt and some blazer. Irks me no ends.
Bechara mr. Mariyam.May be he sleeps in a 3 piece suit at night.
The really good ones are like that only:--D Mine went minimalistic(meaning simple ...not like Borat:--D) even for the shaadi. I prefer the I don't care guys to the metro sexual lot ......:P
WTG.Let him be simple.Nothing beats that.
You mean dhoti. We do not wear lungis for ceremonious occasions.
Get a Indo Western or may be as someone suggested a Suit.

@ diga's post There is some merit to their argument.It is a law that will be misused . Instead of this ,the law should make it compulsory for parents to give property rights to daughters . All inherited property should be off limits in divorce. All property made after marriage should be divided half.If a spouse invests in joint or family property after marriage....that property should be divided too according to the share of the spouse. This law was brought about because men were using every loophole to deny women basic rights like maintenance and child support.Money was invested in joint property or in the name of parents or siblings. There is no record for actual earnings of most Indians so women were the sufferers. Left on the road with kids to support while the man was free to start a new life without any disadvantage.You abuse the law...you pay the price. Tough luck!
Have you ever heard about Crpc 125, Hindu marriage Act section 23 (??), Domestic Violence act? All these act are there to get maintenance and support for wife and child. Then there are illegally legal tools like 498a to extract more money. A divorcing husband usually defends himself in 4-5 cases. including few criminal ones. It is just going to increase that kitty. It is ludicrous to suggest that this kind of law is warranted. It is not anti-male or anti-female. It is anti-system. Somebody claiming rights on the property which that person has got nothing to do with, can not be justified by any logic.

On topic Couples are increasingly opting for ‘babymoon’ or a vacation during pregnancy

“Taking a holiday during pregnancy is becoming very popular. Almost 50 per cent of my patients want to go for a ‘babymoon’ and come to me with their husbands for travel advice,” says Anuradha Kapur, gynaecologist at Delhi’s Max hospital. According to her, the safest time to travel during pregnancy is during the second trimester. “After 20 weeks (of pregnancy), it’s safe to travel, given the right precautions are taken, and if the woman does not have any risk factor, like a low lying placenta. Pregnancy is not a disease you know, so if a couple wants to take a vacation, there is nothing wrong with it,” Dr. Kapur says
. http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/health/a-welcome-break/article5049210.ece

^^^There is no point discussing such issues with you. You have a closed mind and misogynistic views.
I can similarly accuse you of misandrist attitude which is very much evidnt in most of your posts. But in debate you argue on the post , not the poster. So I would always stop short of accusing anybody of anything. But at least I am very much aware of the subject.

We have this and similar arguments many times. no point discussing. Pick up any women related topic and the same arguments again and again...
misogynistic means "Of or characterized by a hatred of women" as per dictionary. I wouldn't accuse anybody of having misogynistic views unless I can point to specific example. From what I have read from Raghav_12, his views do not at all show hatred for women.

Have you ever heard about Crpc 125, Hindu marriage Act section 23 (??), Domestic Violence act? All these act are there to get maintenance and support for wife and child. Then there are illegally legal tools like 498a to extract more money. A divorcing husband usually defends himself in 4-5 cases. including few criminal ones. It is just going to increase that kitty. It is ludicrous to suggest that this kind of law is warranted. It is not anti-male or anti-female. It is anti-system. Somebody claiming rights on the property which that person has got nothing to do with, can not be justified by any logic.
After centuries of being abused, neglected and adjudicated in every way possible, do you think you bringing out a few odd instances prove anything? Every law in this land has been mis-used not just those pro women. You cannot claim that in this country where women are treated worse than dirt even after 66 years of Independence still does not need pro-women law in all ways of life. The day even 10% of women are on equal footing to men, you can complain about things like men facing discriminationl aws being too pro-women, etc

End of discussion fine.:) Not about you, that's a thing with many women - when a guy says something about an issue relating to female-rights that they don't like, they tend to call the guy misogynist. common occurrence this. EDIT: this is based on personal experience. I don't mean to generalize , sorry about not making it clear at first.

misogynistic means "Of or characterized by a hatred of women" as per dictionary. I wouldn't accuse anybody of having misogynistic views unless I can point to specific example. From what I have read from Raghav_12' date= his views do not at all show hatred for women.
Misogyny also includes general fear of women, the belief that women are taking undue advantage of men, have nefarious intentions and men are an oppressed lot

End of discussion fine.:) Not about you, that's a thing with many women - when a guy says something about an issue relating to female-rights that they don't like, they tend to call the guy misogynist. common occurrence this.
Now look who is the one generalizing, how is your generalizing about women any different? IMO any excuse used to deny a woman equal rights or fairness is misogynist.

So I may respect all women (in my house as well as outside), consider them equal to men in all respect, may be in favor of reservations and special status for them at various places, but if I express my reasonable doubts about 1 particular law, I have misogynist views? random logic this.

Now look who is the one generalizing' date=' how is your generalizing about women any different? IMO any excuse used to deny a woman equal rights or fairness is misogynist.[/quote'] I didn't mean to generalize, sorry abt that. Its just my personal experience.

Misogyny also includes general fear of women' date=' the belief that women are taking undue advantage of men, have nefarious intentions and [b']men are an oppressed lot
You gave it away here. If I believe that man are being oppressed in some way or other, how does that make me misogynist? If that is the logic then anybody who believes that Females are oppressed, are misandrists? Anyways, I am not looking for any certificate from anybody. I'll raise issues which I have seen happening around. You can brand me whatever you like.