Syria chemical weapons allegations

gs

Syria’s proposed hand-over of its chemical weapons may prevent future attacks, but what about the 1400 people who have already been murdered? How is this any different from a murderer handing the murder weapon over to the authorities and then asking to be set free? I sincerely hope the US bombs the daylights out of the Assad regime and let it known to the entire world that this is what will happen if you choose to use WMDs.

Syria’s proposed hand-over of its chemical weapons may prevent future attacks, but what about the 1400 people who have already been murdered? How is this any different from a murderer handing the murder weapon over to the authorities and then asking to be set free? I sincerely hope the US bombs the daylights out of the Assad regime and let it known to the entire world that this is what will happen if you choose to use WMDs.
US bombs may kill more civilians than 1400 people.

^ That maybe true, but the unfortunate reality of the world we live in means that there's no one to challenge them. But what happened in Syria is egregious. As much as the previous decade has been really bloody in terms of war, no one’s been brazen enough to use chemical weapons. This cannot go unpunished.

^ That maybe true, but the unfortunate reality of the world we live in means that there's no one to challenge them. But what happened in Syria is egregious. As much as the previous decade has been really bloody in terms of war, no one’s been brazen enough to use chemical weapons. This cannot go unpunished.
Is bombing Syria the only way to punish them?

Is bombing Syria the only way to punish them?
If there are no consequences to the Assad regime's action, then what is going to deter other scumbags all over the world from thinking 'ok, let me drop some sarin on my political adversaries.. if the international community comes calling, i can simply throw my hands up and hand over my stockpiles and all iz well! :yay:' Btw, i did not say US should bomb syria.. i said they should bomb the regime.. as much as possible, civilians should be spared.

^has umreeeka been punished for using nuclear bombs??
It is not us useful for us to engage in hypothetical that is not going to get us anywhere. This is the reality of the situation we face TODAY - A repressive regime has used chemical weapons to kill 1400 civilians. What would you do in that situation?

If there are no consequences to the Assad regime's action' date=' then what is going to deter other scumbags all over the world from thinking '[i']ok, let me drop some sarin on my political adversaries.. if the international community comes calling, i can simply throw my hands up and hand over my stockpiles and all iz well! :yay:' Btw, i did not say US should bomb syria.. i said they should bomb the regime.. as much as possible, civilians should be spared.
But, this means you accept that there will be civilian casualties right?

If there are no consequences to the Assad regime's action' date=' then what is going to deter other scumbags all over the world from thinking '[i']ok, let me drop some sarin on my political adversaries.. if the international community comes calling, i can simply throw my hands up and hand over my stockpiles and all iz well! :yay:' Btw, i did not say US should bomb syria.. i said they should bomb the regime.. as much as possible, civilians should be spared.
Are you absolutely certain the rebels themselves did not use chemical weapons?

So, you are not only weakening the Assad forces but also inviting ethnic cleansing of alawites. Can you live with that ?

:hysterical: the irony! Attack on Pearl Harbor - December 7, 1941 Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki - 6 and 9th August, 1945
From what I've read, the first bomb can be justified to put an end to the war. But the second was unnecessary and most cruel and inhumane.

But' date=' this means you accept that there will be civilian casualties right?[/quote'] Yes there will be, but not doing anything will result in more civilian casualties resulting from future chemical attacks. You honestly think the rebels bombed themselves in the hope that the international community will intervene? Have you heard that happen before in the history of humanity?

I am not sure what you mean, can you elaborate?
Well we are entering into a conflict which is more than 500 years old. The battle is not just against Assad. It is establishing Sunni ascendancy on the region. It is pretty clear that once you damage Assad, it will leave the Shias open to attack and rest assured they will be cleansed off the land. There are no good choices here.