West Indies A tour of India, 2013

Chandan

No. Those are lower rung matches and can drew him into a bit of complacency. A matches are more competitive and close to international standard which will keep him on the toes.
Why do we need him to keep him on toes?his place is not in question.hes our best batsman. Its only question of fitness and lower matches can help.Though I doubt batsmen need to play matches to keep fit.
Why do we need him to keep him on toes?his place is not in question.hes our best batsman. Its only question of fitness and lower matches can help.Though I doubt batsmen need to play matches to keep fit.
Keep him on toes means keep him in form and nick to be ready for tests. Playing at lower levels can also bring a false sense of supremacy and complacency against below average attacks and bring some bad habits.
Keep him on toes means keep him in form and nick to be ready for tests. Playing at lower levels can also bring a false sense of supremacy and complacency against below average attacks and bring some bad habits.
Complacency is a character attribute.Some can be complacent even in test matches against minnows.I dont think level of cricket has anything to do with it. Professional players keep the same level of intensity. Pujara should clearly know his goals for these matches.If it is only to get fit then lower matches are sufficient.Other upcoming players can better use the opportunity provided by A tours