When Tendulkar flew in for a Single Match

Rajiv

But, I don't see anything wrong in a player being ranked 17th or whatever Tendulkar is specially when 6 out of the top 8 spots are taken by batsmen from one team. In fact, Tendulkar or Yuvraj would be the highest and second highest Indians in the rankings. So if rankings are used to drop players, we should drop our entire line up I guess? PS : I still think Tendulkar should look to quit ODIs soon, but it's certainly not because of performance as some here are trying to suggest. He has been in the top 3 Indian batsmen this year in either form of the game.
Exactly, although personally I don't give a rat's as$ what's his rating if he keeps on scoring like he's been recently.
Now I am convinced (like Bheem) that these rankings are meaningless.
:hysterical::hysterical: Oddly enough BB laughed at the rankings without even realizing that his current numbers are worse since 1994 or therabouts(which is what I have been asking him to take a look at). Ah well :regular_smile:
:hysterical::hysterical: Oddly enough BB laughed at the rankings without even realizing that his current numbers are worse since 1994 or therabouts(which is what I have been asking him to take a look at). Ah well :regular_smile:
So now it's not enough that he has better ranking than any other ind, he has to beat his golden era. Really low standard to maintain I say :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: You're a master at bakwaas and you should take that as a compliment. It's not that easy to keep on BSing like that.
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1998/OD_TOURNEYS/SAHARA/SCORECARDS/IND_PAK_SAHARA_ODI5_20SEP1998.html How things have changed over the years. Pakistan were leading 3-1 in the 5 Match Sahara Cup and the beloved Indian team were playing sans Tendulkar Sachin was forced to play in the commonwealth games after a hard push from the Indian Olympic Association, he was back from the novelty cricket match and he got a phone call from BCCI He didn;t even have 24 hours and played a breezy 77 but Pak were hot in the toronto chill and they eventually won 4-1. So that was 1998 and now 2007; 9 years passed by and now he is a team player, coz he was a one man show for all those years Why can't we see him as a regular player? a guys who mistimes, takes time to settle in, gets lucky and scores a 79. He has created that aura himself earlier but hey things change Nothing special, I remembered the day I heard he was going to Toronto to play P.S I actually chose to live in Toronto before so I could watch these Sahara cups, too bad for me they stopped the year I went :broken_heart:
We can't put him with the rest simply because he's "MR.TENDULKAR" :regular_smile: