Miss NY becomes the 1st Indian descent contestant to win the Miss America Pageant -- Shocking feedback

Texy

you think all 53 contestants performed to reflect primarily american culture. Miss Kansas Therea Vail sang Puccini's Nessun Dorm. That no way reflects american culture. Miss Georgia Carly Mathis sang On My Own from Les Miserables.
Dont know what those two things are but people would have said the same thing if one of those two had won the crown.. My point is... if you want to perform on bolly dance in Miss America contest then be prepared to face the music..

The ones facing the music are the idiots on twitter and foxnews. She just won a competition. Even the president is the son of a foreigner and spent some days of his childhood overseas. The same idiots object, but he still is the president voted in by a majority of americans.

Dont know what those two things are but people would have said the same thing if one of those two had won the crown.. My point is... if you want to perform on bolly dance in Miss America contest then be prepared to face the music..
This music beethoven when you compare how much heat Obama is taking every day. It is a free country. Anyone can go after anybody for any bloody reason. There is not a single celebrity has escaped. You just have to brush it off and move on instead of paying attention to those morons. It is CNN's fault to project it as a news. Opinion is like an a.hole. Everyone has one. If CNN is going to cover every a.hole on twitter then fault is CNN's not the contestants.

This music beethoven when you compare how much heat Obama is taking every day. It is a free country. Anyone can go after anybody for any bloody reason. There is not a single celebrity has escaped. You just have to brush it off and move on instead of paying attention to those morons. It is CNN's fault to project it as a news. Opinion is like an a.hole. Everyone has one. If CNN is going to cover every a.hole on twitter then fault is CNN's not the contestants.
Agreed but what I wanna know is.. how many of you would write same comment if the situation was reversed.. like the example that i gave above about bangladeshi girl..

Agreed but what I wanna know is.. how many of you would write same comment if the situation was reversed.. like the example that i gave above about bangladeshi girl..
I will definitely not one of the idiots who would throw hissyfit if a Bangladeshi girl from West Bengal win miss India by performing Bangla dance except if she dances for this.. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B5OtD1ctR8]Doyal Baba - YouTube[/ame]

You have no clue what you're talking about and you seem just as ignorant as those people who wrote the comments. Dancing to a Bollywood song is a crime now and warrants racist comments ? I hope you are some kid and I'll let it pass.

Instead of obsessing about the small minority that does not accept you, be grateful for the great majority that does. Which is what I say when ignorant people ask me "You live in the South? Isn't it like way too racist there? Doesn't everyone think you're a terrorist? How do you survive that?"

You have no clue what you're talking about and you seem just as ignorant as those people who wrote the comments. Dancing to a Bollywood song is a crime now and warrants racist comments ? I hope you are some kid and I'll let it pass.
Where did i say its a Crime?? And as someone said above, anything and everything will trigger racist comment these days.. free country and all that.

As for her choice of Bollywood dance, I agree that it was the wrong choice. She should've performed a Kathak, Bharatanatyam or Kuchipudi dance, or sat down and sang a Carnatic song with Taalam and all ... :-)!!

Instead of obsessing about the small minority that does not accept you' date= be grateful for the great majority that does. Which is what I say when ignorant people ask me "You live in the South? Isn't it like way too racist there? Doesn't everyone think you're a terrorist? How do you survive that?"
+1 i have a friend from the South who loves India and its culture, but most of the idiots on this forum would peg her as a racist white girl from the South at first glance just because she is from the South

Instead of obsessing about the small minority that does not accept you' date= be grateful for the great majority that does. Which is what I say when ignorant people ask me "You live in the South? Isn't it like way too racist there? Doesn't everyone think you're a terrorist? How do you survive that?"
Painting everyone with same brush based on few incidents has been norm of "internet" brigade

Here are the top comments on that from CNN Pavol Almasi • 8 hours ago Really, her race matters? If she was as scientist, it would not matter. If she was a soldier, it would not matter. If she was really anything it wouldn't matter. But Miss America - suddenly, she's not American enough... I guess that's the American way of evolving... Very sad. 295 5 •Share › Avatar Howie Blumenkopf • 8 hours ago This is America and you have the right to say any stupid thing you want even if its false or racist.For a short list of stupid things you can say keep scrolling down. 155 10 •Share › Avatar KatieBoBatie • 8 hours ago My family tuned in just in time for the talent portion last night and I have to say, we were blown away by Nina Davuluri's dance performance. It was so different from ANYTHING you would expect at the Miss America pageant, and she also managed to combine her heritage with beauty, skill, and athleticism. She earned that crown! 134 7 •Share › Avatar jls22 • 8 hours ago Just glad that the Miss America judges aren't like the arrogant, narrow-minded twits who tweeted in after the pageant. 131 5 •Share ›

Here are the top comments on that from CNN Pavol Almasi • 8 hours ago Really, her race matters? If she was as scientist, it would not matter. If she was a soldier, it would not matter. If she was really anything it wouldn't matter. But Miss America - suddenly, she's not American enough... I guess that's the American way of evolving... Very sad. 295 5 •Share › Avatar Howie Blumenkopf • 8 hours ago This is America and you have the right to say any stupid thing you want even if its false or racist.For a short list of stupid things you can say keep scrolling down. 155 10 •Share › Avatar KatieBoBatie • 8 hours ago My family tuned in just in time for the talent portion last night and I have to say, we were blown away by Nina Davuluri's dance performance. It was so different from ANYTHING you would expect at the Miss America pageant, and she also managed to combine her heritage with beauty, skill, and athleticism. She earned that crown! 134 7 •Share › Avatar jls22 • 8 hours ago Just glad that the Miss America judges aren't like the arrogant, narrow-minded twits who tweeted in after the pageant. 131 5 •Share ›
:two_thumbs_up:

Fox News & Commentary radio host Todd Starnes

Miss Kansas, a gun-toting, deer-hunting, military veteran was America's choice - but not the liberal Miss America judges' choice. The liberal Miss America judges won't say this - but Miss Kansas lost because she actually represented American values. #missamerica Miss Politically Correct America #missamerica