Is it all over for Dravid?

I am, and am actually surprised why some of you are not getting it Sriram. If Dravid RETIRES he is gone, finito, history. No coming back. If he is dropped he will come back like Zaheer did, or Ganguly did. What would you much rather have - a team India with NO Dravid ever..or a team India without Dravid for a series or two? xxx
Hahah.. I am amazed that you actually interpreted that post in that way ? Do you think that is that is what he meant ? Look at his first line - " we all hope Dravid goes" and then comes up with this " Dravid shouldnt be allowed to retire , he must be dropped" Simply put , Mr.Hari wants to humiliate Dravid and make sure he has a very unceremonious exit from Indian cricket. Talk about being a true Indian cricket fan then... :haha: P.S - i hate to get personal like this , pointing out at one particular poster , but i guess i can make exceptions now and then.
Arre yaar...I am not a saint.Faltu mein I get tempted to respond ...phir tu tu mein mein hoti hai... Faltu mein ladne thodi aati hoon yahan....:sad_smile:
Before i respond to that, please tell me what faltu means . :D i can otherwise understand most of what it is..
Actually it is a brilliant concept Sriram. Look at it this way - if you know a few posters who are more busy doing chatroom style gap-shup just put them on ignore and suddenly your cricket thread has..well posts about cricket. I wouldnt mind. :thumbs_up:
Then i think i would be in most people's list.. :haha:
Before i respond to that' date=' please tell me what faltu means . :D i can otherwise understand most of what it is..[/quote'] You need to brush on your hindi mate:D coming to the RD issue Can't really blame a guy who was out twice for a duck to 2 very good balls. In the other 2 games he was out trying to score quick runs.
Hahah.. I am amazed that you actually interpreted that post in that way ? Do you think that is that is what he meant ? Look at his first line - " we all hope Dravid goes" and then comes up with this " Dravid shouldnt be allowed to retire , he must be dropped" Simply put , Mr.Hari wants to humiliate Dravid and make sure he has a very unceremonious exit from Indian cricket. Talk about being a true Indian cricket fan then... :haha: P.S - i hate to get personal like this , pointing out at one particular poster , but i guess i can make exceptions now and then.
Well thats exactly how I saw it and thats what I wrote. I can of course be wrong since I am not Hari, why dont you ask him to elaborate on that? Personally I have said the same thing, not let him play for a while(can easily be contrued as dont retire but drop), but I wouldnt be surprised if Dravid calls it a day. xxx
Well thats exactly how I saw it and thats what I wrote. I can of course be wrong since I am not Hari, why dont you ask him to elaborate on that? Personally I have said the same thing, not let him play for a while(can easily be contrued as dont retire but drop), but I wouldnt be surprised if Dravid calls it a day. xxx
Do i see mellowing a bit Lurks. You probably missed the " lets all hope dravid goes" opening comment. Dont waste your time defending that guy , he isnt worth your defense , honestly.
Guest HariSampath
We shouldn't treat one of our best EVER batsman like that. Don't even think about dropping him.
In One day games, best ever ?? come on...its not that a few failures have made him a bad one day batsman, but just that all through his ODI career of 12 years, he had never been that hot, very pedestrian average, and it was always a question of one odd good knock here and there In tests there can be no doubts, he should be there for some more time. But ODIs I am afraid the time has come when Rahul Dravid has come to the end and he will certainly be dropped tomorrow for the first time , not rested, but dropped on ability and team needs reasons, however they sugarcoat it as "resed" or anything. But I don't think they will mince words, in fact Dravid was supposed to make way for Badrinath even in today's match, and somehow a last min decision was made to play him in the eleven. But tomorrow he will be dropped and a good decision it will be.
Do i see mellowing a bit Lurks. You probably missed the " lets all hope dravid goes" opening comment. Dont waste your time defending that guy ' date=' he isnt worth your defense , honestly.[/quote'] I am not defending anyone, I am only complaing about the narrow mindedness that I observed. Of course you(and Hari) have your own reasons to disagree but surely we do not need to question a person's support for his country to reach there. As for me mellowing, yeah Indian defeat can do a lot of amazing things.. xxx

Dravid in cricketing circles is known as a "Gentleman" He's gonna evaluate his game and make a decision. I wouldnt be surprised if he retires from One day before this year end. India should rest Dravid in the next two one day games and go with Badrinath. Let him get some playing time and Dravid in turn will get some time to come back strongly. It is high time for Gangully to retire from One day!

I am not defending anyone, I am only complaing about the narrow mindedness that I observed. Of course you(and Hari) have your own reasons to disagree but surely we do not need to question a person's support for his country to reach there. As for me mellowing, yeah Indian defeat can do a lot of amazing things.. xxx
I aint questioning his allegiences Lurks ? Who am i to do that ? I am merely contesting the tone and tenor of his posts
Agree veer...works well when some of us are sick of people abusing the team left right and centre for losing against the best side in the world .. Let me try ....done.
Radhika jee.. ab yeh galat tarah mat lena... you were going off against SRT too during his bad patch.. i didnt like your comments at that time either... but then again.. you just gotta ignore comments if you dont like it.. now personal abuse is something else.. just tell bheem aur shwetabh or other mods and they will take care of it.. :two_thumbs_up:
Guest HariSampath
Well I do want Dravid to play tests as he is a classic test player , for at least some more time and call it quits gracefully in tests if form and team needs warrant it, but as far as ODIs are concened, yes, he should be dropped, and that is happening tomorrow, and like Lurks I too think he will retire from ODIs just like Kumble, if he is dropped tomorrow. I certainly don't want him humiliated as I want to see him perform well in tests, maybe exit with a last match ton etc.
Well I do want Dravid to play tests as he is a classic test player ' date= for at least some more time and call it quits gracefully in tests if form and team needs warrant it, but as far as ODIs are concened, yes, he should be dropped, and that is happening tomorrow, and like Lurks I too think he will retire from ODIs just like Kumble, if he is dropped tomorrow.
Well there you go Sriram, its not entirely different from what I suggested was it? Frankly I too have been suggesting to kick out oldies from LOI and let them concentrate on test, and that includes Dravid too.
Well I do want Dravid to play tests as he is a classic test player , for at least some more time and call it quits gracefully in tests if form and team needs warrant it, but as far as ODIs are concened, yes, he should be dropped, and that is happening tomorrow, and like Lurks I too think he will retire from ODIs just like Kumble, if he is dropped tomorrow. I certainly don't want him humiliated as I want to see him perform well in tests, maybe exit with a last match ton etc.
Sir , if you really dont want to Dravid humiliated , then please tell me , what it is then to " Not allow him to retire , he must be dropped" ? Surely that isnt exactly a graceful exit. It is actually quite funny ( again) that you seem to climbing down a bit with the " well , he should play tests , its one-dayers i am talknig about" . I suggest you actually carefully consider what you are posting before actually doing it. Will save you a lot of further explanations like this.