Is it all over for Dravid?

Should he retire - 44 runs in 5 innings in this series. He seems demotivated. Drop him' date=' I think he should retire.[/quote'] Personally I'd say NO. But what's so funny is if SRT and RD were switched right now we'd see a different MB from the non-worshippers :giggle:

No need to retire. But Sachin, Dravid and Ganguly can surely be rotated with only 2 playing in the team at one time. And Dravid can't turn into a bad batsman just because he failed in last 5 innings. Please!! Why do we want the end of our great players is absolutely beyond me!

Wait for us to be 0/1 at the MCG on Boxing day. The WALL will stand tall again.

But what's so funny is if SRT and RD were switched right now we'd see a different MB from the non-worshippers
For sure. And you know what the funny thing is? Us supposed haters of RD are the ones backing him in his time of crisis when his 'fans' have given up on him!

He doesn't seem to be a person who has fire in him to work his way back into the team, if dropped. If he is dropped, most likely he will retire. It remains to be seen if he retires before getting dropped or after. Looking at the way he gave up the captaincy after some pressure, he will give up ODIs if he is dropped.

Wait for us to be 0/1 at the MCG on Boxing day. The WALL will stand tall again. For sure. And you know what the funny thing is? Us supposed haters of RD are the ones backing him in his time of crisis when his 'fans' have given up on him!
:haha::haha::haha::haha:
Dravid fans are right behind him. Just like him...his fans are classy and don't feel the need to scream and shout to defend him . He has class ...he will come back ..We support him today and the day he decides to leave...we will respect his decision.
Aur aap sun rahe the Rahul Dravid ki spokesperson beetle devi ka desh ko sandesh. :D

You just cant kick out a player of the class of Dravid after a poor show in one series. the match was rained out, so that leaves 4 innings. In the chandigarh match, he came in the last 8 overs. so that leaves 3 innings, I think in one inning, he got like 40 runs. So he failed in two innings. I suppose, we now know how crucial it is for India to not lose wickets early on. It just sets up panic among the players.

You just cant kick out a player of the class of Dravid after a poor show in one series. the match was rained out, so that leaves 4 innings. In the chandigarh match, he came in the last 8 overs. so that leaves 3 innings, I think in one inning, he got like 40 runs. So he failed in two innings. I suppose, we now know how crucial it is for India to not lose wickets early on. It just sets up panic among the players.
there you go. if failing in 2 games means retirement then yuvraj and uttapa should also retire.
Then still it doesn't make sense to send a guy who is not in form. Yuvraj, Uthappa or Pathan should have gone earlier.
But he was in decent form in the ODis in england. Here he hasn't been able to get into rhythm - first game rained out, last game he had to accelerate and he did briefly. May be they thought would be a good way to get him in form by taking his own time settling down.