who really cares about odis anyway..?

BERGKAMP

during the past couple of years india losing an odi or an odi series hardly has any effect on me, unless it is the world cup. before i used to live and breathe every ball, celebrate like mad when we got a wicket and was depressed for days when we lost. now days i am completly emotionless in these odis. if we lose a test or a test series i am always devestated and am miserable for days. tests still make me a nervous wreck for 5 days and the t20 world cup also had me ultra hyped up. i think odi cricket is slowly coming to the end of its life.

actually ODIs are getting really boring. it is almost like, can't we get a better and more exciting game in just 20 overs each than this stretched out version? on top of that, i can't even watch the full game. most of the games thiss series start at 8:30 pm local time and I can barely watch a couple of hours.

actually ODIs are getting really boring. it is almost like, can't we get a better and more exciting game in just 20 overs each than this stretched out version? on top of that, i can't even watch the full game. most of the games thiss series start at 8:30 pm local time and I can barely watch a couple of hours.
So you want the format of an international game to changed because it doesnt suit your timings hey ?:D What next , the Indian parliment should hold its session at midnight so that you can watch the proceedings live ? :tounge_smile:
So you want the format of an international game to changed because it doesnt suit your timings hey ?:D What next , the Indian parliment should hold its session at midnight so that you can watch the proceedings live ? :tounge_smile:
ok, even if it started at the regular time, let's say 6 pm, it will be 2 am by the time it gets over. Or it starts at 10 am, you have to be at college or work. That's the reason I love 20/20 evening games. Can catch all or most of a game.
ok' date=' even if it started at the regular time, let's say 6 pm, it will be 2 am by the time it gets over. Or it starts at 10 am, you have to be at college or work. That's the reason I love 20/20 evening games. Can catch all or most of a game.[/quote'] Good point about the timing, but i am afraid nothing can be done about. The best football games are held at times that are past midnight for the some of the fans living in different time-zones. Cant really help it.
I can tell you as a Pakistani....it definitely sounds like sour grapes. At the risk of getting berated here, I'll say that I expected most of ICF to hold this opinion about T20 if India had lost in the semifinal.
Well, I started a thread after the T20 WC talking about the uselessness of ODIs before this series began, and it had a lot of takers so it's not exactly sour grapes.