Bhuvneshwar Kumar is nothing special

Well done BK, superb. Brilliant with ball and great with bat. Fantastic. Of course will be in side for rest of series etc HOWEVER, I know am gonna get hammered but I still doubt him. Still has things to prove imo. And will get a lengthy rope rightly so to prove he is the real deal. My issue is wether he is a bowler who needs conditions to deliver. Yes all need conditions but I feel he may need them more then others. He has done well at Lords but frankly this was ideal pitch for BK, green and movement. He will get these ideal conditions once every 2 years, can he deliver on flatter wickets, or wickets with pace and bounce like in aus, were less side ways movement? Also the England top 3 are pathetic. In that they have no positivity in their batting and have let our seamers just settle nicely with no pressure of runs coming. Look hope I am wrong and he is not a condition led bowler but I have doubts. Let us see. Hope I am proved wrong and he can deliver in most places

Yeah when his three spinners were doing well' date=' he should have bowled the debutant to give him confidence, [i']match haaro jeeto kya farak padta hai. BTW Ishant in the same match bowled 2 overs at the start and then came back for his next spell in the 60th over!
And 4 overs are enough for any new ball bowler? This is nothing to do with confidence, this is Dhoni's misuse of his bowlers which has come to bite us in the ass many many time
Well done BK, superb. Brilliant with ball and great with bat. Fantastic. Of course will be in side for rest of series etc HOWEVER, I know am gonna get hammered but I still doubt him. Still has things to prove imo. And will get a lengthy rope rightly so to prove he is the real deal. My issue is wether he is a bowler who needs conditions to deliver. Yes all need conditions but I feel he may need them more then others. He has done well at Lords but frankly this was ideal pitch for BK, green and movement. He will get these ideal conditions once every 2 years, can he deliver on flatter wickets, or wickets with pace and bounce like in aus, were less side ways movement? Also the England top 3 are pathetic. In that they have no positivity in their batting and have let our seamers just settle nicely with no pressure of runs coming. Look hope I am wrong and he is not a condition led bowler but I have doubts. Let us see. Hope I am proved wrong and he can deliver in most places
TB was green and movement too?
I am heartened as he outbowled everyone on the fattest of flat trent bridge pitch, a pitch which has come under condemnation from ICC itself. How was that conditions helping a swing bowler?
TB was green and movement too?
No it wasn't. He worked his way to the wickets. Well donr. But Anderson partnership and lack of bite their was a worry. Like I said. He is doing well and will get decent run. He may answer all questions. My only point is that imo there are still serious question marks wether he is the real deal and long term will be success

Bhuvi did well .With england having so many lefthanders and his batting lower down he gives tail some strength.In these conditions he provides balance.We can even try him at 8 and play a seamer or natsman in place of binny.

I am heartened as he outbowled everyone on the fattest of flat trent bridge pitch' date=' a pitch which has come under condemnation from ICC itself. How was that conditions helping a swing bowler?[/quote'] Again I agree. But still long term not so sure On aus tracks less movement but more pace and bounce. Not sure if can do it in conditions like that. Plus how will handle a warner if starts whacking him. England have been pathetic
I know am gonna get hammered but I still doubt him. Still has things to prove imo. And will get a lengthy rope rightly so to prove he is the real deal. My issue is wether he is a bowler who needs conditions to deliver. Yes all need conditions but I feel he may need them more then others. He has done well at Lords but frankly this was ideal pitch for BK, green and movement. He will get these ideal conditions once every 2 years, can he deliver on flatter wickets, or wickets with pace and bounce like in aus, were less side ways movement?
So why you arguing with me and jumping up and down like binny has proved some point' date=' when all of a sudden you agree with me. i.e well done for helping us to save the match. [b'] But super flat track and don't rate him for long term
You yourself claimed that the pitch in the last match was a super flat.
No it wasn't. He worked his way to the wickets. Well donr. But Anderson partnership and lack of bite their was a worry. Like I said. He is doing well and will get decent run. He may answer all questions. My only point is that imo there are still serious question marks wether he is the real deal and long term will be success
There always will be a partnership on such wickets.Shami and Ishant did nothing too.plus fields were too defensive. Question marks are for everyone.no one is proven yet.If we can back others despite their highs and lows why not him?
And 4 overs are enough for any new ball bowler? This is nothing to do with confidence' date=' this is Dhoni's misuse of his bowlers which has come to bite us in the ass many many time[/quote'] Surely you remember how the spinners started creating chances from their first overs? Forget all that, hope you remember how that Chennai pitch looked like. Giving 13 overs to a new ball bowler on his debut was a little too much on that pitch IMO :giggle:

BK has been wonderful in this test series. I must admit that he has exceeded my expectations. The quality that I liked most was his will to succeed. But, we must remember that the best country for medium paced swing bowlers to succeed is England. Mohinder Amarnath, Roger Binny, Madan Lal, Sandhu, Chetan Sharma, Manoj Prabhakar, Praveen Kumar ..... all of them did well England. I will be really happy and comforted if BK takes test wickets in Australia , Windies and the subcontinent. Let's see how he does in those tests. All the best to him. I am more impressed by BK's batting. The 50 at Lords was in really tough conditions. He plays with a straight bat too.

There always will be a partnership on such wickets.Shami and Ishant did nothing too.plus fields were too defensive. Question marks are for everyone.no one is proven yet.If we can back others despite their highs and lows why not him?[/QUOTE] True question marks over a lot of them. But I am saying back him and give him a long rope. Just I have severe reservations. Hope to be proven very wrong over long term.
BK has been wonderful in this test series. I must admit that he has exceeded my expectations. The quality that I liked most was his will to succeed. But, we must remember that the best country for medium paced swing bowlers to succeed is England. Mohinder Amarnath, Roger Binny, Madan Lal, Sandhu, Chetan Sharma, Manoj Prabhakar, Praveen Kumar ..... all of them did well England. I will be really happy and comforted if BK takes test wickets in Australia , Windies and the subcontinent. Let's see how he does in those tests. All the best to him. I am more impressed by BK's batting. The 50 at Lords was in really tough conditions. He plays with a straight bat too.
His batting is massive bonus to the team. To have someone like him at 9 is something India has never had. This batting will make him very undroppable for a lengthy time
In WIndies and Sub continent its the job of spinners to win matches.His role should be as support bowler
WTF? Hello.. Trent Bridge.. 5 WICKET HAUL on a flat pitch with the sun out. Not a tinge of grass. And at Lords, he didn't get the green mamba england got so whats this about conditions? Not even anderson got 5. And kumar got a couple of wkts with an old ball too. But keep doubting him just because he bowled slower in a few spells. He has ability to crank it up if dhoni uses him in short spells like day 4 and day 5. Also need the right speed for the control and swing that has got him 11 wickets and an amazing economy
I am extremely worried about Shami's in-effectiveness, so far. In fact going back to all outside tours so far, even in NZ I am not sure if he did anything. He is supposed to be our main bowler and he has done nothing. India should plan on easing Aaron in -- now that especially England will be wary of Short Pitched bowling.
did well in sa and nz, only fighting bowler. now he has competition it will help him work even harder. he broke the partnership between cook and ballance and triggered a mini-collapse. not among the wickets but if we can back batsmen why not bowlers? he did well and hope he carries on. a 4th seamer in aaron would be great.