Another upcoming J&K fast bowler Mehjoor Ali Sofi

rkt.india

I will talk to him about getting stronger. Fast bowlers can't do the same work out other people do to gain muscles. they need to gain lean muscles and increase strength than getting bulky and huge hypertrophy like body builders. Also' date=' increasing fast twitch fibers. It requires different type of work out and i dont think a lot of people know about it well enough. Otherwise, improper working out can harm you like it happened to irfan Pathan.[/quote'] Hey RKT....i have a huge respect for your comments....Most of the comments made by you makes lot of sense and now-a-days, i take them for granted and wouldn't even think, if they are right or wrong...Anyways, coming t the point, r u cricket coach? How do u get chance to meet all these folks?
Ya... Around 6'1 6'2 is good enough ..Brett Lee was also 6'1. Won't give you a height advantage at the international level but if you've got other attributes then will be fine
There is a limit for height for a tearaway fast bowler. Marshall, Thommo, Akthar, Zahid, Lee and Bond all very 6" and about. The obvious outliers are West Indians, and that was Holding, Bishop, Croft ans Patterson. But last three broke down after handful of seasons. Garner was quick, but only for few seasons. So being very tall is advantageous if you are medium pace. Zoysa was pedestrian (125kish), but due to his bounce he was one of the better ODI bowlers of his day containing people. He was 6' 5" BTW.
There is a limit for height for a tearaway fast bowler. Marshall' date=' Thommo, Akthar, Zahid, Lee and Bond all very 6" and about. The obvious outliers are West Indians, and that was Holding, Bishop, Croft ans Patterson. But last three broke down after handful of seasons. Garner was quick, but only for few seasons. So being very tall is advantageous if you are medium pace. Zoysa was pedestrian (125kish), but due to his bounce he was one of the better ODI bowlers of his day containing people. He was 6' 5" BTW.[/quote'] one obvious exception is the pak giant must be around 6' 10 geneuin but is around 140 ish most of time...even morkel must be around 6' 6" pretty fast, and Finn when he was was fat..
hmm thats bulk regimen that was taught to us in the gym too.
No, that will help you gain more strength than hypertrophy. For more hypertrophy in muscles, you need to hit rep range of 8-15 with less amount of weight than strength-centered training with slower tempo. If one wants to increase endurance then rep range goes to 15 plus with even lighter weight. It will develop slow twitch fibers. Mostly marathon runners use this type of workout. You can include all three in one workout too with different rep and weight range for different sets but that isnt advised.