Sachin Tendulkar-Vinod Kambli rift ..What is the main reason ?

When he came back he didn't grab the chances. Besides Rahul Dravid' date=' and Ganguly emerged. Laxman also started his career with a gritty 50. He was not alone. Manjrekar also lost his place. From the beginning i never rated him as a player. Very loose technique who enjoyed a golden patch.[/quote'] He never cameback in tests after 1995.the 1996 -2000 match fixing era would have got something to do with it.
He never cameback in tests after 1995.the 1996 -2000 match fixing era would have got something to do with it.
Dravid and Ganguly once came in never looked back. He didn't do anything to come back into the side. He had issues with attitude. I am glad guys like Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman emerged. There are lot of guys have disappeared like that. Praveen Amre scored a gritty 100 on his debut at Durban. Played well against England the same series where Kambli got famous. Then he played just one more series. same with Sadagopan Ramesh who was the 2nd highest run getter in the last series he played.If you look at now it might not make sense. At the time when they were dropped from the squad it was all justifiable. Are they all crying foul like him? New comers grabbed their chances. In one dayers he got some chances. Didn't do that well. His disciplinary reasons were highlighted by Wadekar as well. The cheap talks later vouch for it.
Dravid and Ganguly once came in never looked back. He didn't do anything to come back into the side. He had issues with attitude. I am glad guys like Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman emerged. There are lot of guys have disappeared like that. Praveen Amre scored a gritty 100 on his debut at Durban. Played well against England the same series where Kambli got famous. Then he played just one more series. same with Sadagopan Ramesh who was the 2nd highest run getter in the last series he played.If you look at now it might not make sense. At the time when they were dropped from the squad it was all justifiable. Are they all crying foul like him? New comers grabbed their chances. In one dayers he got some chances. Didn't do that well. His disciplinary reasons were highlighted by Wadekar as well. The cheap talks later vouch for it.
There were other spots any guy averaging 50+ ought to be given more chances and he should not have been dropped in first place also he has fc average of 60 so he did well in fc.Wadekar was probably involved in fixing and knew about everything.He played well in his first 3 series against wi,zim,lanka and had one poor series by that logic entire current indian team would have been dropped.
Kambli in general is becoming a media *****. Reminds me of the time that the Dutchess of York aka Sarah Ferguson appeared on the Oprah Winfrey show to earn some money and made some outrageous statements. Like she had a sad childhood etc. Clearly Kambli is trying to carve a niche for himself in the media. Its going to be his source of income.
and exactly for that reason Sachin wants to stay away from him and rightfully so..
There were other spots any guy averaging 50+ ought to be given more chances and he should not have been dropped in first place also he has fc average of 60 so he did well in fc.Wadekar was probably involved in fixing and knew about everything.He played well in his first 3 series against wi' date='zim,lanka and had one poor series by that logic entire current indian team would have been dropped.[/quote'] Considering the slur he is casting on Sachin now, it is not that hard to figure out who is right who is wrong. Seriously this guy thought of himself as Lara next coming. Infact the crying drama he put up after semi final interruption really pissed off lot of people. This guy knew he was going to be dropped for a significant period of time. He was certified public enemy during 1996 world cup. Trust me we didn't miss a great player. This guy due to his gigantic double hundreds against two average attacks with loads of lives at home had an average of 54. You knock those two innings off. His averages drops to 35. From a technical stand point he was never going to have a great Test career much like Ajay Jadeja with his technique. Even without internet public sentiments were aired through news papers.
Considering the slur he is casting on Sachin now' date=' it is not that hard to figure out who is right who is wrong. Seriously this guy thought of himself as Lara next coming. Infact the crying drama he put up after semi final interruption really pissed off lot of people. This guy knew he was going to be dropped for a significant period of time. He was certified public enemy during 1996 world cup. Trust me we didn't miss a great player. This guy due to his gigantic double hundreds against two average attacks with loads of lives at home had an average of 54. You knock those two innings off. His averages drops to 35. From a technical stand point he was never going to have a great Test career much like Ajay Jadeja with his technique. Even without internet public sentiments were aired through news papers.[/quote'] Yeah i remember his cryign in wc semifinal but why would that make him enemy.Clealry azhar ,jadeja were involved in fixing ,may be he got on their wrong side.

Stats may be misleading many times and Kambli's is one of that case. Though he ended with a 54+ average, but whoever watched him in those time would not really say that he was given a (very) raw deal. His average stayed that high because of two double centuries he hit against weakest of the attacks to travel India. In WI series his scores were 40,0,0,6,18,0. I vaguely recall watching that 40 knock which was total chancy knock. Six successive failure that too in embarrassing way are enough to drop a player. More than that, this performance had put seeds of doubts in all minds and which only grew further with more of his failures.

Yeah i remember his cryign in wc semifinal but why would that make him enemy.Clealry azhar ' date='jadeja were involved in fixing ,may be he got on their wrong side.[/quote'] Nothing to do with Azhar, Jadeja. Nobody knew about fixing. His general attitude despite being in poor form was not received well by public.
If i were BCCI i would not have picked him as well. They did the right thing.
No it was totally unfair .He may not have become a great batsman but he deserved to be given another chance in test cricket.It seems he got in bad books of influential people.
No it was totally unfair .He may not have become a great batsman but he deserved to be given another chance in test cricket.It seems he got in bad books of influential people.
But in whose place would he have got chance? Our middle order was so stacked that even Laxman had to open the innings to get in the team
Read the recent article in Wisden on the new comer Prithwi Shaw. It talks in detail about Kambli. Being from slums he consistently surrounded himself with low level people even while playing for India' date=' who were only wanting to misuse his stardom, and this included his relatives/family members. Compare this with Sachin's family and relatives, one will know why Kambli did not make a come back. He has blamed every one / everything, including caste system discrimination for his failures.... aak thoo...[/quote'] While I think Kambli got all he deserved, I think this is harsh on the man. Over the years I have realized how hard it is to grow out of your background and culture. These are almost built into our DNAs. What chance did a boy from a poverty stricken family have unless he got the support an backing he needed? Would you give up your family just because you got a great job? Kambli was mentally weak, yeah. But one must not dismiss his challenges.

I remember seeing captions in English grounds BRING BACK KAMBLI during the first couple of tests in India -England 1996 series when he was dropped after the world cup and that was universally condemned in newspapers as a very harsh call .In the same newspapers, almost universally , Ganguli was condemned as A "zonal quota " selection and speculation was that kambli missed out to balance these quotas . Once Dravidian and Ganguli scored heavily in the first couple of tests or so , by the end of the series , Bo one was mentioning BTING BACK KAMBLI in stadium or commentary .