India's Tour to South Africa, 2013

he has already been there and failed once so should have a plan or something for this our but i am very worried about dhawan specially in tests
tbh, given his recent form, he will fare well in odi's. me thinks that india has a fair chance to win the odi series. :dance: tests, we will have to wait and watch.
he has already been there and failed once so should have a plan or something for this our but i am very worried about dhawan specially in tests
I am worried about him flashing outside off. Its trouble for Dhawan if Morkel opens along with Philander. These 2 are more likely to get Dhawan out than Steyn.
philander is overrated.u will see indians will play him the best compared to other bowlers.:--D
lol i rate him very high you know asa cricket fan who has seen lot of cricket i normally want bowler to bowl at certain areas to different batsmen..areas where they will be most uncomfortable at..you can jsut tell while watching from tv that he does not likes ball bowled at certain area.. some how philander always hits those lengths perfectly and moves the ball enough to get edge :nervous: ..this is something bhuvi should learn from him in this tour:two_thumbs_up:
Morkel's pretty good against lefties. Steyn's got a bunch of right handers in the middle order to feast on. We are fu**ed !! :((
all sides are fecked..i will argue even great aussie side of early 2000 will struggle but they will win cos of superior bowling attack with mcgrath and warne but batting wise even they will struggle we are not even at same level...even if we show some fight and show some potential to improve in future .. i will be happy :)
Are we worried more with swing or bounce ? I thought we average poorly in SA because of bounce.
its not just swing..its swing at pace and lots of seam movement bounce alone does not worries our batsmen (good ones atleast ) all of them handle it well but when ball swings with bounce it always carries to slips after you edge it..in india you can play with soft hands and survive swing bowling even if you edge it.
its not just swing..its swing at pace and lots of seam movement bounce alone does not worries our batsmen (good ones atleast ) all of them handle it well but when ball swings with bounce it always carries to slips after you edge it..in india you can play with soft hands and survive swing bowling even if you edge it.
we need to have batsmen who are prepared to leave lot of deliveries. I am afraid we dont have many.
lol i rate him very high you know asa cricket fan who has seen lot of cricket i normally want bowler to bowl at certain areas to different batsmen..areas where they will be most uncomfortable at..you can jsut tell while watching from tv that he does not likes ball bowled at certain area.. some how philander always hits those lengths perfectly and moves the ball enough to get edge :nervous: ..this is something bhuvi should learn from him in this tour:two_thumbs_up: all sides are fecked..i will argue even great aussie side of early 2000 will struggle but they will win cos of superior bowling attack with mcgrath and warne but batting wise even they will struggle we are not even at same level...even if we show some fight and show some potential to improve in future .. i will be happy :)
Oh come on australia with cummins beat sa in sa in a testeven with a decent batting lineup .i bet we can win a test if srilnaka can

Even I don't think this SA team can get the better of that early 2000 Aussie side. Hayden, Punter, Waugh, Gilly etc. are superior than any of the SA bats bar Kallis. This SA side could beat them but won't be a surprised if that Aussie side hammer 'em. Hammer 'em badly. They were just too superior.

Even I don't think this SA team can get the better of that early 2000 Aussie side. Hayden' date=' Punter, Waugh, Gilly etc. are superior than any of the SA bats bar Kallis. This SA side could beat them but won't be a surprised if that Aussie side hammer 'em. Hammer 'em badly. They were just too superior.[/quote'] australia will win but hammer them is far fetched if we in 2000's can compete with them then so can this south africa side but that said australia will win..no question about that but keep in mind england with good bowling attack got better of aussie batsmen and all i said was that this attack will even trouble aussie side of early 2000's an wont be surprised if they fail like they did in 2005 ashes..but with mcgrath and warne they should win